Ren'Py Shag the Hag 2 (Game Development Thread)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
sth2_test6.png

Overview:
A lot has changed since Jack's wives killed the Necromancer who polluted the Woods. People of all kinds have been returning to one of the last magical places in the world.

Elijah has finished studying at the infamous Scholomance, a school run by Satan. He's also returned to the Woods, determined to fund out what really happened to his father, Jack.

And, if possible, get revenge...

Thread Updated: 2020-08-13
Developer: L8eralgames
Support - (preferred longterm due to Patreon's recent trend toward banning NSFW accounts)
Official Website:
Genre: Monster Girls, Horror, Humor
My Other Game(s): Shag the Hag , The Penny Conspiracy

Concept:
Shag the Hag 2 is a spiritual successor to the first game, with more random adventures and dialogue but a whole lot less grind. It's more about individual stories and exploration than anything else. You'll have the chance to unravel many mysteries and discover many secrets.

And meet many, many, strange and wonderful women...

Integrated Features/Gameplay:
  • Day is split into similar breaks as the previous game, with Wake-Up, routines, then exploring the Woods, but with more direction that 100% random roaming.
  • A simple inventory system.
  • A quest log to keep track of what you need to do to progress, as well as monitor side quests.
  • More random events/dialogue than a motherfucker.
Confirmed Characters:
  • Nakita, Yelena, Daphne, Morrigan and the Hobo are returning, as is Jack (albeit as "Dad")
  • A Jogger
  • An apprentice witch
  • A ghoul
  • A power-hungry sorceress
  • A family of goblins
  • A wraith with LARPer problems
  • A vengeful ghost
  • A half-ogre Tea Lady
  • Demons
  • A spider
A Note about Support:
If you loved Shag the Hag and The Penny Conspiracy, please consider supporting me on Subscribestar or Patreon if it's better for you. Your support ensures the game continues at a great pace and also lets you see weekly updates as to its progress.

Get involved and join the adventure.

UPDATE 5 JUN 2022: After quite a few hiccups and rages, and changes in direction, Shag the Hag 2 is now confirmed as the next game I will release (hopefully late 2022 - if I am very lucky around Halloween but don't hold me to that). I have redesigned character models to remove the toony look, changed plots for the ghost, and am now redesigning sets as much of my lighting/texturing of the previous sets has been lost due to changes with nvidia drivers and textures lost due to a change of PC. The exterior sets will need changing, but will most likely still resemble the style in the test images already uploaded. Benefits of redoing the interior sets are that I've continued collecting assets and have a lot more than I used to which will make the sets look a lot more "full" and fun. More updates will be provided in the thread below, beginning from around Page 13 (unlucky, right?)...

Test Images:
The following images are tests and not indicative of the final product. Especially the GUI. This thread is meant to show the stages of development and I hope some of the changes will prove both entertaining and educational as you witness the power of a creative process in full-swing...

NOTE: I have removed the original images as they are now not relevant to the game.

Last edited:

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
1597468403783.png

Might be a bit squinty, but here's a list of the locations you'll be able to visit!

This screenshot is taken from a program called articy, which I'm using to help keep all the story/characters under control and so I can plan everything out in advance. This will (in theory) mean less confusing bugs caused by incorrect triggering of events. In theory...

Morgan42

Oct 9, 2019
View attachment 772993

Might be a bit squinty, but here's a list of the locations you'll be able to visit!

This screenshot is taken from a program called articy, which I'm using to help keep all the story/characters under control and so I can plan everything out in advance. This will (in theory) mean less confusing bugs caused by incorrect triggering of events. In theory...
Tell me more of this... pig farm...

Reactions: L8ERALgames

Tdius

Feb 20, 2018
can't wait for second part of game thank you very much for first one and best of look on your work with second part

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I think the banking and calendar system sound like unnecessary bloat. On the other hand, I'm ready to fuck that ghost.
the calendar system began because i said to myself, "i want this to have an xmas event". and then i was like, but i can't just do it at random...

and the bank is also (happily) more for story purposes than to give you something to grind.

i'm also really surprised people feel that way about ghosts. surely she's very spooky and everyone would want to exorcise her to be rid of her...