2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Piftee

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2020
As Doc suggested, i'll try to make the environment more richer, i agree on that. Also making new enemies, and try to make more interactions around the base. Should add fall damage ? Don't want to punish the poor player too much, imagine falling down from the large bridge towards the tower and die because it was like 80 damage. Maybe something like in Half-Life 1-2 multiplayer, where it was like 10 fall damage no matter the height.

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
As Doc suggested, i'll try to make the environment more richer, i agree on that. Also making new enemies, and try to make more interactions around the base. Should add fall damage ? Don't want to punish the poor player too much, imagine falling down from the large bridge towards the tower and die because it was like 80 damage. Maybe something like in Half-Life 1-2 multiplayer, where it was like 10 fall damage no matter the height.
Sounds good. Maybe I think that every place could have its unique enemies / create some variety (or at least 1 unique for every place/level).
About Fall Damage.. I know, I know...it sucks..classic instant dead/load. On the other hand, the player should pay for his mistakes. It looks unnatural when nothing happens but enemies can kill you in no time. The idea with a small/symbolic damage is a good compromise. In addition, you can add some voice effect and "broken bones" sound effect.:D

Reactions: Piftee

Piftee

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2020
Sounds good. Maybe I think that every place could have its unique enemies / create some variety (or at least 1 unique for every place/level).
About Fall Damage.. I know, I know...it sucks..classic instant dead/load. On the other hand, the player should pay for his mistakes. It looks unnatural when nothing happens but enemies can kill you in no time. The idea with a small/symbolic damage is a good compromise. In addition, you can add some voice effect and "broken bones" sound effect.:D
Made it. It's 10 damage for now, BUT, a good timed dash (near surface) can cancel the damage. I want to give this chance for the player, and it may feels cool, like dashing in the right moment.
Unique enemy you mean bosses ? Change one of the girl into a thug ? :D Increase size and make different abilities to her ? Currently i want to make dungeons underground, maybe at the end of the dungeon there could be a boss. But if the player dies he needs to run a lot. Should add tp to the start of the dungeon. Hm, will see. These are just ideas, making them work is a different story.

Reactions: DocRipper

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
Made it. It's 10 damage for now, BUT, a good timed dash (near surface) can cancel the damage. I want to give this chance for the player, and it may feels cool, like dashing in the right moment.
Unique enemy you mean bosses ? Change one of the girl into a thug ? :D Increase size and make different abilities to her ? Currently i want to make dungeons underground, maybe at the end of the dungeon there could be a boss. But if the player dies he needs to run a lot. Should add tp to the start of the dungeon. Hm, will see. These are just ideas, making them work is a different story.
"Last chance" . Cool and clever solution.
I thought rather that each area (church, maze etc) had (at least 1) specific enemy for this area, so that it would not always be the same group of enemies .. Something new, a new surprise, a new challenge would await the player.
Or as you mentioned "increase size and make different abilities to her" - something like "elite" enemy.:) Sounds good too.
However, "the boss - big bad girl" is not a bad idea either.

How about. ..after "something".., unlock portal to some arena, kill the boss, reward,...hmm. :unsure: That would solve the marathon running problem.

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote