3.80 star(s) 63 Votes

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
The next amazing-looking game from these Devs that is not worth downloading because of a shit engine. :(
I hope it gets better. Having to furiously click through to see what the story was about was very irritating. I'm guessing this won't be worth downloading until after a few more updates. Hope I'm wrong. Some of the girls are very hot. Good luck to the Dev.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Linux version please, GameMaker Studio 2 advertises support for 15 different platforms directly on their front page.
Despite using the fastest available text speed "Very Quick", it still reads like a teleprompter. Would appreciate "Instant" text speed or at least something faster than "narcoleptic" (is the text speed framerate-dependent? I really hope not).
Future repeat players will probably love a skip button for the unskippable intro.
Appreciate the customization options (incest tag likely appropriate here).

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
Linux version please, GameMaker Studio 2 advertises support for 15 different platforms directly on their front page.
Despite using the fastest available text speed "Very Quick", it still reads like a teleprompter. Would appreciate "Instant" text speed or at least something faster than "narcoleptic" (is the text speed framerate-dependent? I really hope not).
Future repeat players will probably love a skip button for the unskippable intro.
Appreciate the customization options (incest tag likely appropriate here).
- What intro are you referring to? You can press ESC to skip the logo fading.
- Instant text and faster/instant transitions are coming in the next update.
- Text speed (and everything else in the game) uses delta timing.
- I'll probably try to build it for Linux at some point, but just to satisfy my geek side. It's very unlikely I'll be able to maintain another platform. Game Maker's Linux export module is a can of worms full of bugs and inconsistencies... YoYo games marketing is good but reality is different unfortunately.

Last edited:

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
- What intro are you referring to? You can press ESC to skip the logo fading.
- Instant text and faster/instant transitions are coming in the next update.
- Text speed (and everything else in the game) uses delta timing.
- I'll probably try to build it for Linux at some point, but just to satisfy my geek side. It's very unlikely I'll be able to maintain another platform. Game Maker's Linux export module is a can of worms full of bugs and inconsistencies... YoYo games marketing is good but reality is different unfortunately.
With intro I was referring to the car "dream" sequence after starting a new game and following through the initial morning scene with Leah.
Unfortunate that GM's platform support isn't what they advertise... Appreciate the quick support!

Ickerax

Feb 14, 2020
Morning,Afternoon or evening
I think some people dont fully understanding what Alpha v0.1.0 means.

This is the very first release of a totally new game moving from web to download so I am sure for the developers the main concern is going to be stability and compatibility before moving forward.
I to look forward to autosaves and other enhancesments as I also had the error screen that others have encountered and had to restart from the beginning..
You can see I have logged it in the bug report section on discord.
Also the requests and improvements people are asking for , You may want to post those in the constructive-feedback section of discord.
My big worry with any game using a custom engine is saves not working between releases, but i guess I will have to wait till 0.2.0 to see if thats an issue :)

Discord link is on the OP for those wanting to join and post feedback and bugs.

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
With intro I was referring to the car "dream" sequence after starting a new game and following through the initial morning scene with Leah.
Unfortunate that GM's platform support isn't what they advertise... Appreciate the quick support!
Got it. You can use the "Skip" button in the dialog box GUI to skip through it.

Kurokazewa

Apr 22, 2018
Settings to skip waiting/transitions are coming. I just didn't have the time to implement them for this first release.
And worse is highly subjective. I don't like Ren'py very much; for me, it is worse than having my own in-house engine I control to fit exactly what I want.
Honestly, I don't mind the engine you use. I never minded the engine on any of the other games either. It works well enough for what it's intended. All that said Ren'py is considered as a bit of a standard. Just a thought and while I don't really care either way. While you personally may prefer using your own engine from a sales point of view if people would rather play Ren'py then it may be something you want to consider.

The best comparison I can make would be like a shop vendor trying to sell red apples when people are asking for green. Yes, they are both apples and they both will sate your hunger... But no matter what you do the taste is still gonna be different. From my perspective, if you could get more support out of using a different engine. Despite your personal preferences... isn't that kinda better than being stubborn?

End of the day though I personally am happy with whatever and just glad to see you guys got a new project going again and I'm interested to see where it goes from here.

Reactions: HoboCop86

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
The best comparison I can make would be like a shop vendor trying to sell red apples when people are asking for green. Yes, they are both apples and they both will sate your hunger... But no matter what you do the taste is still gonna be different. From my perspective, if you could get more support out of using a different engine. Despite your personal preferences... isn't that kinda better than being stubborn?

End of the day though I personally am happy with whatever and just glad to see you guys got a new project going again and I'm interested to see where it goes from here.
The funny thing is that the "problem" only seems to exists here in F95. Here's the only place in which players - that are getting a pirated version of my game for free, btw - are deeply bothered because the game doesn't use Ren'py.

My patrons and the people that support the studio directly talk about the game, the characters, the plot etc. They don't seem to care what engine the game is using.

lalka

Jun 2, 2017
Auto-save is also in the to-do list. For this game I plan to implement a lot of stuff that wasn't previously possible in Double Homework. As a result, over time, this engine should get closer to what Ren'py offers to players.

As for the "more control" part doesn't making sense to you, that's fair enough. At the surface, for the regular player, there isn't anything that stands out (yet). However, there's a bunch of internal and technical stuff that our engine (in my opinion) does better than Ren'py, and they are beneficial in our development workflow.
Does it allow you develop the game faster than on ren'py now or potentially in the future ?

Why I started complaining in first place was that the game was crashing multiple times and with no autosaves I had to replay multiple times the same stuff. Added up with other stuff that is missing right now and frustration with other devs that use unity or even worse rpgmaker ruining the experience with what might have been promising vns, I think you get the picture. As for the plot it looks promising and renders - I think are pretty good.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
The funny thing is that the "problem" only seems to exists here in F95. Here's the only place in which players - that are getting a pirated version of my game for free, btw - are deeply bothered because the game doesn't use Ren'py.

My patrons and the people that support the studio directly talk about the game, the characters, the plot etc. They don't seem to care what engine the game is using.
What about future patreons? You are limiting that by choosing to be stubborn and keep using an engine that not many people find good, it happened to Lewdlab when he tried Unity over Renpy... I think renpy is the most user friendly for players, it allows easy skip controls, easy cheating (mods), etc
And that problem is not only in F95, it is also in Reddit and many other websites, people like what they like.

Just so you know I don't really mind either so long is not RPGM or something similar xD

unbruitsourd

May 1, 2017
Wow guys, if you don't like the engine, then don't play the game or give some feedback to developers without being arrogant assholes (this comment does not concern you all, but some of you). If developers are losing cash because they stick with a homemade engine that their Patreon doesn't like, they will change it or improve it. You can still be respectful to the authors!

I was a Palmer / Love-Joint patreon back-in-the-days, but yeah, the slow crossfades and gameplay of the engine killed my interest for their games. I really hope it will get better in the future :)

Good luck devs !

Last edited:

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
What about future patreons? You are limiting that by choosing to be stubborn and keep using an engine that not many people find good, it happened to Lewdlab when he tried Unity over Renpy... I think renpy is the most user friendly for players, it allows easy skip controls, easy cheating (mods), etc
And that problem is not only in F95, it is also in Reddit and many other websites, people like what they like.

Just so you know I don't really mind either so long is not RPGM or something similar xD
You've raised a good point. However, I'm also happy to be a stubborn and try something a bit different. The AVN universe is too wide to get stuck with a single engine. I love when developers don't follow the flow and challenge themselves to try and build new stuff. It enrich the experience for everyone. It brings new way of playing and seeing things.

If I continue to improve this engine over time to get most of the features players like, at some points I'll have happy players and an engine I like.

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
Version 0.1.1 has been .

- Text speed "Instant" option added (Gameplay Settings);
- Transitions speed settings added (Gameplay Settings);
- Fixed a wrong text line when going out of the coffee shop;
- Minor tweaks.

The original leaker can update the OP if he wants, I guess.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
In regards to engine I don't particularly care as long as it isn't RPGM or QSP but I admit to preferring Renpy for simplicity sake.

My trepidation comes from it being associated with Daughter for Dessert (which I despised the ending of) and whether this is gonna be a single LI kinda game or something more open. I'll refrain from using the proper term so as not to give people searching for it false (?) hope.

As usual though the models are lovely.

3.80 star(s) 63 Votes