3.80 star(s) 64 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Just finished and I really enjoyed it. Sure there are some annoyances/minor nitpicks, I am too used to Ren'Py so it is always frustrating when someone uses something else, being mute feels somewhat gimmicky, the fact that the MC and his friend are not communicating is :rolleyes: but I understand there needs to be something to stall the relationship, feels like the roommate will be the expected love interest even though there are plenty of other women to love (or hate - gah, Emily).

However, I am happy that the game will now be offline. I stopped playing Love Joint games because of the online requirement. I am super happy that Love Joint is moving forward after the loss of Palmer. The art is still top notch, can tell it is a Love Joint game as soon as you see it. Love the music and sounds, always want more of that ambience. Few games have that polish, it's great to see as you know the games will be well done.

It would be interesting to see Love Joint break out of the "Love Joint" mold - the single love interest romance with possible incest. Sure there are always others available but the main focus is always on that "special relationship". Some animations would do wonders as well. Anyway, my one main issue is the shortness of the release. Not much really happened and the decisions we are given to make are almost all focused around women we've just met. I hope our first impressions don't set anything in stone. I would like to have more interaction with people before making up my mind.

Anyway, I am happy to wait and see... Despite my nitpicking it is just really great to see a new Love Joint game.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just got that sad news...condolences. I'll be certain to support you folks going forward. Regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm not seeing any issue at all, the engine shouldn't be an issue unless trying to run it from a potato. Here's some quick figures from an i7-10875 5.1Ghz w/ 8GB RAM and an RTX2080 8GB: at main menu 7% CPU, 128MB Memory, 19% GPU running full screen at 3840x2160.

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
I'm not seeing any issue at all, the engine shouldn't be an issue unless trying to run it from a potato. Here's some quick figures from an i7-10875 5.1Ghz w/ 8GB RAM and an RTX2080 8GB: at main menu 7% CPU, 128MB Memory, 19% GPU running full screen at 3840x2160.
The game runs fine using an old and cheap 2014 laptop I have around.
I'd be very surprised if someone has performance issues. I put a lot of attention into optimization and memory management.

Reactions: Zed | Love-Joint

Kambabolsa

Oct 9, 2020
Guys for now the plot looks interesting I just want to ask you one thing give support for someone to translate it into Spanish surely they would do it for free without asking anything in return, I played it in its original language but I would like more Spanish-speaking people can play and why not to support it on patreon a greeting

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
Guys for now the plot looks interesting I just want to ask you one thing give support for someone to translate it into Spanish surely they would do it for free without asking anything in return, I played it in its original language but I would like more Spanish-speaking people can play and why not to support it on patreon a greeting
I want the game to be translated, and that's why most of the game's strings are stored in separated JSON files.
I need to organize a few things to make it happen, though... Hopefully a "Community translation" program will come soon.

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
After playing the game I have to say .. I am stunned by just how good it is. Have to admit I was sceptical at first - the art looked less realistic and the story sounded a bit bland, but it works incredibly well.

The music is pleasant, the engine feels smooth, Hank and Linus are both super fun, MC's special circumstance is an interesting mix-up, I like the cross-over with DH (e.g. figurines), and the girls.. Emily looks stunning, but the cold and career-driven types are not my thing. Victoria is both gorgeous and fun (thank you for listening to the feedback around her hair), and who can say no to a shy redhead like Maggie? However, Haley absolutely stole the show for me. New waifu!

Small feedback if anyone wants one:
1) It would be great if pressing "H" could show a hidden GUI (at the moment it just hides it) and/or if a right mouse click could do both (showing the main menu is a less frequent action).
2) I like that you have added blinking however I would experiment with slightly lowering its frequency and speed to make it a bit more natural.
3) While I really like how the girls look, I would work a little bit more to make it more consistent. Some of the characters look a bit off when they smile or look concerned (i.e. Leah mainly, Haley a little bit).
4) Hope you will consider adding proper (i.e. part of the main story) options to have brief "encounters" with all / some of the side girls. Would not want to date Alexis, but would not mind having an option to get closer to her for one evening. ;)
5) Very pleased that the game will be on the lighter side. Drama in a form of working together to overcome an obstacle, deepening the bond while at it, is much more enjoyable than girls being hot / cold, 3rd party interfering etc.

Overall, an amazing effort - I did not think you could top-up Lily / Johanna, but you did it with Haley! The photo with her sticking her tongue out made her feel .. not attractive, but in the game she is composed, mature, funny, and looks gorgeous. Fingers crossed she will stay that way and turns out to be a bit like Lily (i.e. quirky but in a cute way, inexperience in the relationship department, fun to be around). The story is much more interesting when compared to first episodes of DFD and DH, which I did expect to be the case.
Thank you for the amazing feedback! ❤️

Reactions: John Ness

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018

Shale Hill Secrets Promo.png

Shale Hill Secrets Alpha 1 for macOS has been released to $10+ patrons! Please read the full post before playing, thank you for your patience!

Reactions: FullyAnimated

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

View attachment 1157707

Shale Hill Secrets Alpha 1 for macOS has been released to $10+ patrons! Please read the full post before playing, thank you for your patience!
On a "completely" unrelated note... How is the development going? Is the team feeling good about the game? What's the release schedule looking like?

Anyway, hope you are all doing well. :)

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
On a "completely" unrelated note... How is the development going? Is the team feeling good about the game? What's the release schedule looking like?

Anyway, hope you are all doing well. :)
It's going well, we're still hard at work on everything for the second release. For now, we hope to release every 6/8 weeks which will give us more time to put more into each instalment, so hopefully sometime in May for the next release. Hope you're doing well too! :)

3.80 star(s) 64 Votes