3.80 star(s) 72 Votes

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
Great work as always Mr. Vargas, really curious to see how the character will turn out. ;)

Small feedback - drawing Asian eyes looks challenging given the style of art that was chosen for the game. Sam seems a bit unfocussed / sleepy, so I would personally conaider small tweaks to her eyelids and make-up. Nothing huge, she looks almost ready! Keep up the good work. :)
Thanks so much for your feedback, ff46. Sam and the other main characters were created by our other artist, NiRo. Most of us agree, especially about the puffiness under the eyes and the effect of these puffiness on the characters. If NiRo sculpt the characters in a different program, there is not much I can do about it. In addition, after this stage and since I am the only artist currently working on the project, it would not be appropriate for me to make radical changes in the models. But we hear you. We will see what we can do about that.

Reactions: Ricky | Love-Joint

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hey, just thought you should know, per Mr Vargas, he didn't create that character (see below). Anyway, I agree she is not up to the amazing standards that we've seen from Love Joint and Mr Vargas. Hopefully she can be adjusted to look better.

I've seen your fan art i a few threads before and overall you do good work, impressive <3
But this one is not up to par with your other outings, i assume the asian features are giving you a really hard time? Might wanna reconsider this character, as it sits right now she just looks scary af :/
Thanks so much for your feedback, ff46. Sam and the other main characters were created by our other artist, NiRo. Most of us agree, especially about the puffiness under the eyes and the effect of these puffiness on the characters. If NiRo sculpt the characters in a different program, there is not much I can do about it. In addition, after this stage and since I am the only artist currently working on the project, it would not be appropriate for me to make radical changes in the models. But we hear you. We will see what we can do about that.

Reactions: Mr. Vargas

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
I've seen your fan art i a few threads before and overall you do good work, impressive <3
But this one is not up to par with your other outings, i assume the asian features are giving you a really hard time? Might wanna reconsider this character, as it sits right now she just looks scary af :/
Hey, just thought you should know, per Mr Vargas, he didn't create that character (see below). Anyway, I agree she is not up to the amazing standards that we've seen from Love Joint and Mr Vargas. Hopefully she can be adjusted to look better.
It is true that some of our models have this problem, but I can tell you that Sam does not appear that way in in-game renders. Most likely this is the case with the facial expression I used on her for this artwork.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
It is true that some of our models have this problem, but I can tell you that Sam does not appear that way in in-game renders. Most likely this is the case with the facial expression I used on her for this artwork.
If I remember correctly you've done some stunning work with fan art for Halfway House, especially Ash :) this just caught me off guard since I know you got skills. The other two characters on the page looks great though.

That being said the whole eastetic seems to have taken a severe turn towards Bratz dolls, if we compare DfD & DH to this new venture..
Not really my thing but hopefully it'll appeal to great many others :) I might be back later on, if the writing turns out to be stellar I might be able to overlook the eastetic choice.
#onemansopinion

Best of luck with the project nonetheless, wish the team nothing but success.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr. Vargas
Aug 14, 2017
Aw man, how'd I miss the news on Palmer? I know I'm late to the party on this, but Rest In Peace, Palmer. I'll pour one out for you and rub one out for you too.

Reactions: MrFriendly

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
It has already been ported, just nobody posted it here. Check Love-Joint’s official website.
is this engine portable to android ?
We plan to actively support releases for Windows (Windows 7 64-bits+), macOS (Mojave 10.14+) and Android (4.1 or newer - built for Armv7, Arm64, x86 and x86_64).
A Linux build for Ubuntu is in the to-do list but I can't promise it'll happen. I'll have to check first how much trouble to maintain it'll be.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

1622523225444.png
An update on the second release of Shale Hill Secrets
About eight weeks have passed since the first release of Shall Hill Secrets, meaning we are getting very close to the second installment. The episode is basically 99% done, and we are currently working hard at polish, doing testing and implementing some last minute fixes.
Our original plan was to get a build ready today - since historically we release things on the last day of the month -, but we drastically underestimated how big this update is. After two months in the oven, this game is a lot denser and more complicated than the average DH episode.

We’ve prepared a big surprise for this episode based on the feedback we received from the we ran a few months ago, and we’re very excited about it! This release will definitely highlight better the features we have in mind for the project and show how things will evolve over time.
Please, hold tight! We need a little more time to put everything together and make sure the build is stable. We promise the wait will be worth it! We’re at full throttle and we’re confident we’ll get it ready for this weekend. As it’s only fair, May supporters that can’t renew their pledge for June will still receive the game via a Patreon message.
Note: The bonus scene including a special night in with Emily has been released to Platinum+ patrons, it can be !
We really appreciate your support and patience. Thanks for making this game possible!
Stay safe,
The Love-Joint Team.

3.80 star(s) 72 Votes