3.80 star(s) 72 Votes

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020
Hmmm, there must be a way to extract the .dat files in an easier way. Wonder how unknownzx managed to do it. Hope someone can share a nice tool to do it ^ ^

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As noted in a previous post the easiest way is probably to use . Open cmd and and you can do something like .\offzip.exe -a .\assets\images\60f3a46277003d4c1798e43ecb293bea.dat D:\out\path. Use a script or something to automate doing it for the rest of the files.
A harder problem is recovering the original filenames. I was able to recover 95% of them, but I didn't try for very long so it should be possible. Those that failed are in unsorted:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Quick questions: is there scenes with Val on any episode up to 6? (trying to understand if I'm missing something)
And also I guess I need help with this version-episodes correlation... On v0.9.0 episode 6 is the last episode, right? It says to log in with patreon to unlock episode 7 :(
There's a thread that shows you how to play past episode 6 using Cheat Engine. Just search for it.

Reactions: DeliteDouche

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I'll try, ty, but it looks hard on mac because of all this "protection" things :c
Had to temporarily disable my virus scan to DL Cheat Engine - it's considered a hacking tool and the scanners don't like it. Some say it's the ads, but that isn't the explanation I got for it being blocked under normal circumstances. Don't know if it is Mac compatible, but I'd suspect they should have a version that is.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Shale Hill Secrets [v0.9.0] [Love-Joint] – COMPRESSED

higher quality than the below version
Win v0.9.0 · · · (1.2 GiB :: 3.1 GiB)

lower quality than the above version
Win v0.9.0 · · · (947.9 MiB :: 3.1 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Caveat emptor.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
any mods for this game?
No - only the cheat that allows you to play it. It's a proprietary game engine. There's little need to mod it (unless you want a walk through) and no one probably wants to take the time to learn it well enough to mess with it since it's only used for the handful of games made by this Dev.

There is a "preferences" within the game where you can alter the name and relationship to one of the female characters, and the nickname she calls you. That's the closest thing to a "mod" there is, and it's a built in.

shangbucks

Mar 2, 2021
For my Linux friends:

I was able to get this running on my Ubuntu system under Wine (64-bit). Go to the GitHub for mf-install and follow the directions on the page to set it up for your preferred prefix. Worked just fine for me after that.

captchris87

Jul 2, 2022
So I'm fairly new to all this, but if someone could dumb it down for me it would be great. After playing and finishing chapter 6 I found I need to login to patreon to play 7-9. Looking for a workaround I found people saying to use Cheat Engine. So I download it, install, run game and Cheat engine at the same time. Downloaded this cheat table from this post.

Just load the cheat table on the legit game from and change the value from 5->7.
Then tried to follow this post.

Are you familiar with CheatEngine? Is a software, one way to use it is: you open the game, launch the software, click on "open process" and select Shale Hill.. then you double click on the cheat table, confirm when asked to and you click on the highlighted variable and change it from 5 to 7 and PROFIT.
So in cheat engine, I click on open process and select Shale Hill. But "then you double click on the cheat table" no idea what that means because that step isn't explained well enough for me. So I click on the folder icon that says open a cheat table and select the cheat table that was previously mentioned in post. It then adds it to the bottom of cheat engine. But it doesn't have a address and it has ?? in the value place that I can't double click on to change. So that's where I am currently stuck. Spent 4 hours trying to research and learn more about cheat engine but still no luck. Can anyone help walk me through this process better please? Thanks for any advise!

Reactions: Vicissitudo

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
So I'm fairly new to all this, but if someone could dumb it down for me it would be great. After playing and finishing chapter 6 I found I need to login to patreon to play 7-9. Looking for a workaround I found people saying to use Cheat Engine. So I download it, install, run game and Cheat engine at the same time. Downloaded this cheat table from this post.

So in cheat engine, I click on open process and select Shale Hill. But "then you double click on the cheat table" no idea what that means because that step isn't explained well enough for me. So I click on the folder icon that says open a cheat table and select the cheat table that was previously mentioned in post. It then adds it to the bottom of cheat engine. But it doesn't have a address and it has ?? in the value place that I can't double click on to change. So that's where I am currently stuck. Spent 4 hours trying to research and learn more about cheat engine but still no luck. Can anyone help walk me through this process better please? Thanks for any advise!
At least you can try, my antivirus is treatening me to seize my whole house if I dare even name Cheat Eng-- oooh... fuuck... wait, nnooooo!!!

xorxorrax

Modder
Apr 12, 2020

You are using an old a table. The table for version 0.9.0 is linked in the op.

captchris87

Jul 2, 2022
You are using an old a table. The table for version 0.9.0 is linked in the op.
Wow, with such ease you fixed my problem. I feel stupid, lol. Thank you! Hopefully anyone else having a similar issue will have more luck now being able to skip my mistakes. You are a OG, stay thirsty my friend!

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Holly shit, Leah in the park lot scene gave me all kind of worried feelings, please don't make this a novel where people close to the mc dies x.x

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
1671127674013.png
I hope the mc see this like i'm :v blue girl + red girl are the friends in the past that they are telling about

3.80 star(s) 72 Votes