• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Shards of the Past [v0.3.1] [Garou24]

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
This option will only present itself if you the player have made similar darker choices before in the game. You also will need to have a more controlling relationship with that LI and she doesn't go along with it immediately. She baulks at the idea and it is not until you manage to convince her through dialogue options that she would go along with it. And this can have negative results afterwards. Its avoidable as well, you have other ways to getting to the same goal, I wanted to add it for players to explore some of the more "the ends justify the means" types of choices. It was just an example and is not written to take place until further in the story where your character would have built up to a choice like that.
i see where your coming from with this its not a path i would ever take personally and even the mere existence will drive people away from the game especially if it ends up earning the game a certain tag

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Well I really like this project so far... And I actually got satisfaction with how MC went from nice guy to alpha on the tavern bully / racists, and he totally wiped the floor with them...kicking the crap out of them both.

For me, I enjoy titles that allow a user the choice, to play an MC that doesn't look and act like a 14 year old pussy, and has choices that allow a user to fully defend love interests...and that scene did just that.

Nice work, and definitely a title worth playing... Also glad to read there will be a harem path added. :cool: (y)

Last edited:

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Harem is something I have been working on,
If you do decide to include a harem, I for one would love to see it being more of a polyamory situation. I usually find that more interesting than when everything is so focused on just the MC. I love it when my girls love each other too, one big happy (chosen) family.
I don't imagine everyone will agree with me though (Oh noes, two LIs cheating on the MC with each other, that's...) :)

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
Oh, forgot to mention the actually important thing; great start to the game!
well-written, great looking renders and pretty girls. Too early yet to have much of an opinion on the story, but it looks promising.
I love medieval fantasy, but often find that I don't like the VNs here on F95 much for various reasons.

Deleted member 2412505

May 31, 2020
Harem is something I have been working on, but I wanted to finalize all the solo romance paths first so I could see where it made sense to open up a possibility for a harem based on your choices and the relationships you have established. It makes sense given the nature of the game, you and your band of adventures together, this type of dynamic is bound to present itself. I just didn't add the tag because while I have ideas on it, I had not written anything in stone. I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up until I have the scenes and storyline finalized for a harem.
I hope that you add it. Not a fan of choosing one over other or replying the whole game to see all the content.

Bingoogus

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2021
Really don't like how you've added rollback blocking, why can't you just let players decide for themselves? It's just tedious interference requiring save/loading to explore what choices result in, it punishes curiosity with tedium, removing player agency and control for entirely arbitrary reasons...

ImariKurumi

Nov 21, 2022
Solid start. Medieval Fantasy setting is a huge plus. Will there be magic though? or it'll be low fantasy?
Really liking the MC, his model is something new, its refreshing. His mature personality but somewhat shy demeanor is perfect for the story.
The first LI ticks all the right boxes and is a win in my books. Wonder if there'd be other non-human LIs?
Best of luck and hope to see more.

Reactions: Garou24

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
Solid start. Medieval Fantasy setting is a huge plus. Will there be magic though? or it'll be low fantasy?
Really liking the MC, his model is something new, its refreshing. His mature personality but somewhat shy demeanor is perfect for the story.
The first LI ticks all the right boxes and is a win in my books. Wonder if there'd be other non-human LIs?
Best of luck and hope to see more.
No magic. There might be things or items that the character would think are magic, but are explained by a little sci-fi twist added as the game progresses.
There is one other main LI that is non-human. As well as some side girls or one night stand opportunities with non-humans.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Game has definitely gotten my interest. Really nice looking renders and writing.
Looking forward to the updates and hoping they're frequent

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Just got done with this first release, and I must say I like it, I like it a lot.

Love how different pathways/choices are given and possible benefits or consequences that may await the MC depending on player's choices.
Not to mention the music seems so fitting.
And Qinara the elf, is easy on the eyes and I am liking her as one of the LI (can't wait to see the others).

So Garou24 how many LIs will the game have?
4 in total like shown in the banner in OP?

Also, how does romance work for this one?
Solo romance path for each LI? Or possibility for partial (if not full) harem (given you have threesome as one of the planned tags)?
Personally I don't have a set preference regarding that (so one way or another I wouldn't mind), but just wondering what your plan is regarding that.

Reactions: Gorse and Abhai

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
Harem is something I have been working on, but I wanted to finalize all the solo romance paths first so I could see where it made sense to open up a possibility for a harem based on your choices and the relationships you have established. It makes sense given the nature of the game, you and your band of adventures together, this type of dynamic is bound to present itself. I just didn't add the tag because while I have ideas on it, I had not written anything in stone. I didn't want to get anyone's hopes up until I have the scenes and storyline finalized for a harem.
Solo romance path for each LI? Or possibility for partial (if not full) harem (given you have threesome as one of the planned tags)?
Personally I don't have a set preference regarding that (so one way or another I wouldn't mind), but just wondering what your plan is regarding that.
assuming this hasnt changes sounds like there will be some form of harem

Garou24

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2021
Just got done with this first release, and I must say I like it, I like it a lot.

Love how different pathways/choices are given and possible benefits or consequences that may await the MC depending on player's choices.
Not to mention the music seems so fitting.
And Qinara the elf, is easy on the eyes and I am liking her as one of the LI (can't wait to see the others).

So Garou24 how many LIs will the game have?
4 in total like shown in the banner in OP?

The 4 women from the banner are the main LIs. You can develop a solo relationship with each of them and based on your choices and your interactions with them will unlock dialogue, scenes and separate storylines. There will be other women that you can interact with during your adventures that will range from you just befriending them to one night stand type scenarios to short flings. But the Main LIs with the relationships that will span the story will be the 4 shown in the banner.

There will not be a full harem with all 4 as their personalities/circumstances differ too much for that to be an option. But a partial harem is something I would like to develop. I just first wanted to make sure I had the solo paths nailed down so I can see where there would be the chance for that relationship to grow.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
That's good to know.
I usually assume games would be full harem and go into manslut mode and I am always disappointed when it results in "losing or not the best ending".

Reactions: İlke Kurtluteoe
4.80 star(s) 16 Votes