jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
The OP states that this can be played in Linux and Mac but it's a .exe file. Just saying that it should be clarified
old games were flash which can be played on any OS. They were replaced with exe because flash support died, but they can still be downloaded from their website. New ones are html5 and while some people have complained about not being able to play them on browser without the exe, I've been able to do so with just the html file on firefox.

I really wonder if he's ever going to update his graphics. Maybe he's just too old to improve. Too stubborn and set in his ways.
It was good 15 years ago, it's barely better than the games that use sims models now
I'm fairly certain that it's not due to him being stubborn or not wanting to improve but rather that his market. The people who are subscribed to it, enjoy it because of the art style and format. It's a niche, which he's the only one delivering content for.

whats the purpose of hint words??
if you type them in game, it'll tell you where you have to select to do the right action.

onyxmelter

Jan 14, 2020
damn it i think i figure out the code word but im not 100% sure as i was typing couple of words to see what worked.

Edit: got it if you need the hint word its
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: SiriusDar17

ben7513

Mar 26, 2018
The tas mae the game look interesting, but there is no description or summery of what this game is about. So, I closed it out w/o downloading it. Create a summery and tell me what it is about, and I will think about downloading it.

openmouth

Mar 30, 2017
Shark just announced: All the games on the privbox have been hacked, there are only a few real honest amateurs who continue to subscribe, but that is no longer enough to pay for the servers and software needed for the games. So I will close the site, for the same reason as pusooy a few years ago. Too bad, I liked creating games and sharing them for free after a few months. Thanks to all those who supported me in this adventure, and for the others, continue to applaud your "heroes", those who steal 6 months of work in a few hours because they were never able to create something.

ttoot

Jun 26, 2020
Shark just announced: All the games on the privbox have been hacked, there are only a few real honest amateurs who continue to subscribe, but that is no longer enough to pay for the servers and software needed for the games. So I will close the site, for the same reason as pusooy a few years ago. Too bad, I liked creating games and sharing them for free after a few months. Thanks to all those who supported me in this adventure, and for the others, continue to applaud your "heroes", those who steal 6 months of work in a few hours because they were never able to create something.
I have a feeling this is Shark's account, based on its post history and not seeing anything on twitter or the forum (that said it was a cursory check). If so that's unfortunate you would make a decision like this based on some people who figured out how to site-rip the HTML titles.

The games are a little rustic but have their own charm to them. I personally have attempted to use the priv-box but have run into payment validation issues each time. I think with some changes on where games may be hosted or even purchased (via any number of publishers/hosts) the site-model would be unnecessary, or at least greatly reduced in cost. I think all of these titles would be suitable for patreon as well. It would likely take some time but some rebranding could help. Best of luck

Reactions: jeff100

openmouth

Mar 30, 2017
I have a feeling this is Shark's account, based on its post history and not seeing anything on twitter or the forum (that said it was a cursory check). If so that's unfortunate you would make a decision like this based on some people who figured out how to site-rip the HTML titles.

The games are a little rustic but have their own charm to them. I personally have attempted to use the priv-box but have run into payment validation issues each time. I think with some changes on where games may be hosted or even purchased (via any number of publishers/hosts) the site-model would be unnecessary, or at least greatly reduced in cost. I think all of these titles would be suitable for patreon as well. It would likely take some time but some rebranding could help. Best of luck
Indeed, openmouth is my username on this site. I mentioned it on X. I thought the first place to announce the end of the lagoon should be here because it is the website that contributed the most to destroying it.
Shark

jeff100

Sep 11, 2020
Yep fully agree. I also had the same problems over 5 years ago and that stopped me from subscribing. I think the patreon model would work wonders side by side with the website or just as its own thing. Would also be a great place to post development pictures and give a better insight for those not aware of how development goes and maybe even some publicity, especially if publicly posted as people can repost it and discuss it.

The pros or cons of piracy and sites like f95zone can be discussed without a consensus but one thing I think that is heavily halting growth is the lack of users exposed to this content, and at least this site is doing that in some form (not denying the negatives, just stating what I can see), as several users come and comment every time the thread gets updated that they had forgotten about it or got a wave of nostalgia. Think the site and development as is, is very isolated relying on old users who are active there to keep it alive but without bringing new ones in.

EvilCartman

Jun 10, 2017
Even though Amanda's Therapy is about 20 years old and the drawings are (obviously) not that good, Amanda remains one of my favorite characters ever. Jimmy John if you're reading this: Please make a new version!

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes