VN Others Completed Shikkoku no Sharnoth -What a Beautiful Tomorrow- [Final] [Liar-soft]

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017
0.png

Overview:
The year is 1905 in the capital of the British Empire, the Engine City London, where the air is so thick with smoke that a mere glimpse of the blue sky is considered a miracle. The protagonist, Mary Clarissa Christie, is a girl living by herself while her mother works abroad. She attends university with her friends, Angelica Derleth and Charlotte Bronte, and lives a peaceful life.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2019-03-26
Release Date: Japanese 2008-11-21, English 2012-11-20
Original Title: 漆黒のシャルノス -What a beautiful tomorrow-
Developer & Publisher:
Translation:
Censored: Yes
Version: Final
Language: English
VNDB:
Same series: Sekien no Inganock -What a Beautiful People-
Length: Medium (10 - 30 hours)
Voices: Japanese
Genre:

Installation:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
huge thanks to legendary @superelmo for the game

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2017
Ooooh I played this years ago. All I can remember is that it had actual gameplay, not just reading.

And what you probably forgot was that the gameplay was awful. It's a fun read tho, and comes with an option to skip the gameplay bit if I remember right.

orlmente

Mar 12, 2018
The minigame is a goddamn chore and you kinda lose some context if you skip it, but even accounting for that this one is one of my all time favourite reads. Liarsoft really nailed the atmosphere.

Opening song is pretty damn good too.

...fuck it, imma play it again.

Reactions: superelmo

Ichtyosaurus

Jan 28, 2018
So good story and crappy gameplay? Hmm, it is a visual novel so if the story is good it's probably worth it.

gestved

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
links are to download Sekien no Inganock, in the Sekien no Inganock thread the links are to download Shikkoku no Sharnoth

Reactions: omg_stephen

り乇ᄊの刀 ズノ刀ム 尺ム刀ᄃ乇

ᄃ乇刀丂の尺乇り
Donor
Mar 8, 2017

Pedoune

Jul 19, 2017
Oooo, been wanting to play this one and Inganock for ages. Might as well give it a try now. Not all VNs need to be about hot dickings IMO. The Lovecraft references and sometimes themes (most obvious in Sharnoth) are a big plus.

BTW, anyone know if there'll ever be a translation for Hikari no Valusia? IIRC it's the only game of the series not translated - Souten no Celenaria was translated by another fan group, Shiei no Sona-Nyl and Ourai no Gahkthun were translated by MangaGamer; there's also Shunkyoku no Tyrhhia but that one only came out last year so I'm not expecting anything for at least a year or two.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Oooo, been wanting to play this one and Inganock for ages. Might as well give it a try now. Not all VNs need to be about hot dickings IMO. The Lovecraft references and sometimes themes (most obvious in Sharnoth) are a big plus.

BTW, anyone know if there'll ever be a translation for Hikari no Valusia? IIRC it's the only game of the series not translated - Souten no Celenaria was translated by another fan group, Shiei no Sona-Nyl and Ourai no Gahkthun were translated by MangaGamer; there's also Shunkyoku no Tyrhhia but that one only came out last year so I'm not expecting anything for at least a year or two.
It's possible that MangaGamer may decide to translate it, they have a partnership with Liar-soft I guess it all depends on the sales from the other titles.

prodigy

Sep 7, 2016
Can anyone tell if it is kinetic/linearplot vn? I beat first chapter I did had any choice on plot, excluding mini game that you have to win anyway. VNDB says nothing about that.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Can anyone tell if it is kinetic/linearplot vn? I beat first chapter I did had any choice on plot, excluding mini game that you have to win anyway. VNDB says nothing about that.
Yes it has a linear plot.

Reactions: prodigy

Pedoune

Jul 19, 2017
It's possible that MangaGamer may decide to translate it, they have a partnership with Liar-soft I guess it all depends on the sales from the other titles.
Huh, maybe I should buy those titles then... Although Valusia predates both of the titles it's picked up, and several characters look awfully young, so it's likely I'll have to wait for a fangroup to decide to translate it.

q1w2e3r4@

Jul 19, 2018
The repeated cut-ins like the ones with the guy in mask really piss me off. You know not who the guy is, what gibberish is he talking about, yet it repeat many times with little changes compared to the last time, and that just one example. Im at chapter 3 and skipping most of the bs they cut in between the parts with Mary, Howard or Angelica which are the good and interesting parts of the game and i find the game much more enjoyable now that i decided to skip those bs.