VN Others Completed Shiny Days [0verflow]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Smartphone

Jun 28, 2017
When I have tried torrenting this, my Antivirus (avast) and my torrentdownloader (Utorrent) have been reporting malware or viruses in some of the files. This has occured regardless of which of the torrent links I use on this page. Does anyone know if this is a false positive or a serious problems?

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
When I have tried torrenting this, my Antivirus (avast) and my torrentdownloader (Utorrent) have been reporting malware or viruses in some of the files. This has occured regardless of which of the torrent links I use on this page. Does anyone know if this is a false positive or a serious problems?
More than likely false positives. I loaded it up with my uTorrent...and other than hardly any seeders (wanted to take about 3 days to download) it seemed fine. I don't have any control over the torrent tho. Someone else provided the torrent. I usually avoid them personally.

Also I use Bitdefender now, so didn't even flinch. So might have just been your Avast.

Reactions: Smartphone

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
Does it have m/s?
As far as I am aware...ALL of the known genre tags are correct in the spoiler tag in the OP.

The MC only has relations with a heroine's mother if I recall. Not his own family. All incest is on heroine side.

It's been over a year since I played. Here is a list of all the heroines from the official

The incest would be with the Katsura family (Manami, Kotonoha, and Kokoro), Youko and Sakai, The Nijou twins...I don't remember if there is anything with the Katou sisters...

Last edited:
U

User_32285

I tried this "game" because of the many good comments, but I had to stop after 30 min or so.

I really can't enjoy the dimwitted MC a little girl that's used as a doormat by allmost everyone she meets.

I should have read description better before DL-ing, I somehow thought the "guy" would be MC.

//edit// Male protaganist tag? It is confusing for me, people in this tread talk about main character as a him, but I can only play from perspective of the little girl (Setsuna Kiyoura)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiwianac

Aug 31, 2017
I know it's months after everyone's post but I got a couple of questions. Mega links one give me a error when I try to open them and torrent one just let me play with a girl as well and I been through 2 ep and no scenes so far. Am I doing something wrong an have to wait for them to open? Thank you.

bagithi

Sep 23, 2017
Would someone please help me to upload the setup.4 file from the extrackted zip?, my setup.4 is corrupt (according to winrar) and i dont want to download the full game for the third time

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
Is the underage content avoidable? I really don't want to go through it even in skip mode. No judgement, just really not my thing.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Is the underage content avoidable? I really don't want to go through it even in skip mode. No judgement, just really not my thing.
It is avoidable. Like School Days, there are certain " key decisions" you must take in Shiny Days in order to get X or Y scene. In the case of Kokoro, you just have to ignore her and avoid the " seductive decisions ". Simply put, try to be indifferent to her. I am a loli-content hater too. I always skipped her scenes If I made a mistake which triggered them. Check out the Opening page to get the walkthrough.

IMPORTANT: you can't unlock all scenes in one play. It's impossible. You'll have to restart the game several times to get everything.

Reactions: troll822

BergerTK17

Oct 1, 2017
Is this a game ? I'm new here, but all i can see is animation over animation. Nothing to do at all.

DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
Video keeps stopping on certain spots and freezes the game (have to task manager to exit) any advice? I redid the restore patch but it still hanging up
This can be fixed by pinning the process to specific cpu core. the best way is to use a shortcut with a target value similar to : C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "ShinyDays" /affinity XX "<path to shinydays.exe>"
Where XX = the hexadecimal value of the core you want to use.
cpu core 0 = 1
cpu core 1 = 2
cpu core 2 = 4
cpu core 3 = 8
cpu core 4 = 10
cpu core 5 = 20
cpu core 6 = 40
cpu core 7 = 80

I set mine to core 7 . Since then I have not had any problems with the video freezing up.

Last edited:

JonesTheFake

Jul 7, 2017
Is the content restore patch for that?
Btw, i'm having troubles with the content restore patch. I couldn't find a SHINYDAYS\patch file in the game folder. When I moved the patch folder from the content restore to the shiny days folder and tried to run the patch.cmd, it keeps saying that one or more files are missing. I patched the original game to 1.01e so i'm not sure what i should do.

PeacePeace

Nov 28, 2017
This can be fixed by pinning the process to specific cpu core. the best way is to use a shortcut with a target value similar to : C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "ShinyDays" /affinity XX "<path to shinydays.exe>"
Where XX = the hexadecimal value of the core you want to use.
cpu core 0 = 1
cpu core 1 = 2
cpu core 2 = 4
cpu core 3 = 8
cpu core 4 = 10
cpu core 5 = 20
cpu core 6 = 40
cpu core 7 = 80

I set mine to core 7 . Since then I have not had any problems with the video freezing up.
I don't comprehend your incantation of ancient magicks, but it seems to have worked, so thanks :FeelsGoodMan:

Gen45x

Feb 7, 2018
im having same issue as jones :/ gonna try the uninstalling and reinstalling 1 last time but if that dont work anyone have any clues please?

Sural Argonus

Chimpanor Productions
Donor
Game Developer
May 12, 2017
OK. I am gonna reinstall this. I have the same exact files as I have on my Mega. I haven't reinstalled this since I got a new hard drive...so it's been a long time since I have tried this install. Going to make absolutely sure the install steps are correct.

(Still looking into this.)

I am about to kill my AV...It's quarantining some of the files from the game. hahah

The Content Restore Patch instuctions might have been my mistake. I think I copy/pasted what was said to be the correct ones for a different patch. The one included is not the one they are for.

It LOOKS like the patch is different. Drop the Patch folder in the game folder and then go into that patch folder and click the patch.cmd file. (Testing now)

Seems to work

Lokinzin

Jan 20, 2018
OK. I am gonna reinstall this. I have the same exact files as I have on my Mega. I haven't reinstalled this since I got a new hard drive...so it's been a long time since I have tried this install. Going to make absolutely sure the install steps are correct.

(Still looking into this.)

I am about to kill my AV...It's quarantining some of the files from the game. hahah

The Content Restore Patch instuctions might have been my mistake. I think I copy/pasted what was said to be the correct ones for a different patch. The one included is not the one they are for.

It LOOKS like the patch is different. Drop the Patch folder in the game folder and then go into that patch folder and click the patch.cmd file. (Testing now)

Seems to work
So the torrent here in the forum with the game folder patched have the wrong patch?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote