RPGM WIP Shisaye's Project List

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I noticed the shorter games just have a better translation overall with DeepL but then when the game is bigger, it just ends up looking no different from a normal MTL.

Special Operation force is the game with the worse MTL ever that it doesn't make any sense what is going on and I'm still annoyed I made it through the whole game completely blind sided by what is going on with the plot.
Yeah that's why I've started to have that 500k character limit. It gets really bad.
Another issue is regional quirks in Japanese. The AI has serious issues with with the work of some devs.
For example I tried remaking my Paize Knightess Ellen translation based on DeepL, but the result was actually worse than Google-Translate.
I'd love to see a translation for , seems like there's only a partial available.
The issue is that nobody seems to have shared the latest version yet. I can only find links for v1.05, but there have been 6 patches so far.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
May I provide 3 game suggestions that I think would be great if it had a DMTL.

All 3 already have a thread and normal MTL tho its not for the latest version I think, but if you need a new thread I can make one :)

Thread

1.) Lucia Script ~Princess of a Age-old Kindom~ [v1.0.0] [aburasobabiyori]

2.) Monster Fight ( aburasobabiyori )

3.) Princess Knight Alicia of the Ruined Kingdom [v1.1] [Anmitsuya]

Latest version of all 3 games.

1.)

2.)

3.)
I only work with translation request threads. If a game doesn't have one, please make one. You might get some irritated posts about there already being a game thread, but just ignore them. You are not violating any rules by asking for a better translation.
Trying to provide support in a game release thread is a nightmare. Nobody even reads new posts there, except entitled kids who just want to scream at you.

Lucia v1.04 has around 850k characters to translate. That means translation quality would most likely suffer a lot with DeepL. If Mtool is unacceptable, I could "try" another SugoiV3 Prototype, but the last one didn't give me enough feedback to know if that format actually works or not.

Monster fight v1.01 has around 435k characters. It's going to take a while, but that should work with DeepL.

Princess Knight Alicia v1.11 has around 390k characters. That should work.

TLDR: I guess I'll work on Princess Knight Alicia first.

Sep 22, 2016
Also it says "ENG interface" so I guess it already has some sort of partial applied and is not clean.
I Looked around and couldn't find 1.06 either, it's a bummer. just came out and looks interesting if you have the time.

Appreciate the work you do!

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I Looked around and couldn't find 1.06 either, it's a bummer. just came out and looks interesting if you have the time.

Appreciate the work you do!
That is a very short game it seems. Make a translation request thread for it and I'll make a DMTL.

Edit: Actually already have a working translation now. I just need a place to post it now

Last edited:

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
Yeah that's why I've started to have that 500k character limit. It gets really bad.
Another issue is regional quirks in Japanese. The AI has serious issues with with the work of some devs.
For example I tried remaking my Paize Knightess Ellen translation based on DeepL, but the result was actually worse than Google-Translate.

The issue is that nobody seems to have shared the latest version yet. I can only find links for v1.05, but there have been 6 patches so far.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I only work with translation request threads. If a game doesn't have one, please make one. You might get some irritated posts about there already being a game thread, but just ignore them. You are not violating any rules by asking for a better translation.
Trying to provide support in a game release thread is a nightmare. Nobody even reads new posts there, except entitled kids who just want to scream at you.

Lucia v1.04 has around 850k characters to translate. That means translation quality would most likely suffer a lot with DeepL. If Mtool is unacceptable, I could "try" another SugoiV3 Prototype, but the last one didn't give me enough feedback to know if that format actually works or not.

Monster fight v1.01 has around 435k characters. It's going to take a while, but that should work with DeepL.

Princess Knight Alicia v1.11 has around 390k characters. That should work.

TLDR: I guess I'll work on Princess Knight Alicia first.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to work on this.

For the translation request threads I found the one for Lucia script, not sure why the one on the game thread is v1.0 since the request thread seems to have the latest version.

https://f95zone.to/threads/lucia-script-princess-of-a-age-old-kindom-v1-0-4-aburasobabiyori.68547/

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I can be of any help test the programs and stuff as I'm not familiar with them at all.

Tho if you think the translation probably won't improve maybe just skip it to not waste your time.

As for the threads of Monster fight and Alicia both that are posted are translation request threads, tho if you plan to eventually do Monster Fight I'll make a new one since the currently one has severe lack of a detailed OP.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for taking the time and effort to work on this.

For the translation request threads I found the one for Lucia script, not sure why the one on the game thread is v1.0 since the request thread seems to have the latest version.

https://f95zone.to/threads/lucia-script-princess-of-a-age-old-kindom-v1-0-4-aburasobabiyori.68547/

Unfortunately I'm not sure if I can be of any help test the programs and stuff as I'm not familiar with them at all.

Tho if you think the translation probably won't improve maybe just skip it to not waste your time.

As for the threads of Monster fight and Alicia both that are posted are translation request threads, tho if you plan to eventually do Monster Fight I'll make a new one since the currently one has severe lack of a detailed OP.
Finished Princess Knight Alicia:
https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...ned-kingdom-v1-1-anmitsuya.59005/post-7403827

Monster fight next.

Edit: Monster fight will take quite a bit longer and the translation will be worse. Its one of those regional Japanese styles DeepL hates.

Last edited:
Reactions: virio

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Wow that was fast, Thanks a lot :love:

For Monster fight I created a more detailed thread as previous one does not have much game information.

https://f95zone.to/threads/monster-fight-v-1-01-aburasobabiyori-rj324547.106234/
It was fast because it had fairly simple formatting and not a huge amount of manual edits needed.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about your new thread though. As I said in the DMTL explanation, my stuff is not meant to replace a proper translation.
You writing "Language : Japanese, currently being translated to english by Shisaye " makes it sound like I am doing a proper manual translation.
Also I deliberately avoid making threads "just" for a DMTL, so people don't get upset about it and instead just write "+1".
:HideThePain:

Last edited:

NeoGenesis

Jan 3, 2018
It was fast because it had fairly simple formatting and not a huge amount of manual edits needed.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about your new thread though. As I said in the DMTL explanation, my stuff is not meant to replace a proper translation.
You writing "Language : Japanese, currently being translated to english by Shisaye " makes it sound like I am doing a proper translation.
I deliberately avoid making threads "just" for a DMTL, so people don't get upset about it and instead just write "+1".
:HideThePain:
Sorry got a bit carried away, I remade the request thread so the game would have a proper OP for a translation request and to acknowledge the work you put into it since your DMTLs are really good.

I edited the translation thread and removed "currently being translated to english by Shisaye"

Would you prefer I ask to have the new translation thread deleted and use the previous thread instead ?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Sorry got a bit carried away, I remade the request thread so the game would have a proper OP for a translation request and to acknowledge the work you put into it since your DMTLs are really good.

I edited the translation thread and removed "currently being translated to english by Shisaye"

Would you prefer I ask to have the new translation thread deleted and use the previous thread instead ?
No, there's tons of games with multiple translation request threads. Sometimes the mods delete duplicates, but I don't see how a prettier thread with a much informative format would hurt. (But maybe make clear that your thread is better and that's why you made it.)
In the end the goal is always to attract a proper translator to the project. While the chances of that are very low, I don't like creating the assumption "There's already a translation, I'm not needed".

Reactions: NeoGenesis

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
Hey uh; do you think we could get everything thrown into one big zip/rar or mega at some point down the line?

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hey uh; do you think we could get everything thrown into one big zip/rar or mega at some point down the line?
I don't quite understand what the point of that would be. :confused:
The search function of this site is quite competent.

If you mean the actual full games with the translations applied, besides obvious legal issues, I have worked on roughly 190 games at this point, that would be over 200gb. The free version of mega allows you 15gb, attachments to this site can't be bigger than 15mb. So unless someone wants to throw money at me, how would I even do that?
Also Mega stuff can be easily taken down, I've even had stuff as harmless as save files removed there, so that seems annoying to keep up.

If you mean for backup purposes in case F95 crashes completely. That is not only super unlikely because they constantly do backups, but I also have 2 separate offline backups of all my projects.

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
While I'm still going to finish the DMTL for Monster Fight (I'm about 80% done) I think I need to reconsider this format. Translation quality for these regional games is just not good. I need to make so many manual edits and it still only barely works out to be better than Google-Translate.
With some games it seems to the point, that if I would make a Google translation and invest the amount of time I'm currently investing into fixing DeepL fuckups, into improving Google grammar instead, I'd probably end up with the same, if not actually better translation quality.

Long story short: after Monster Fight, I will fulfill jeffer234's DMTL request for Hunter Akuna and then everything in the near future will be stuff like Sugoi prototypes using different custom escapers in an attempt to find a reasonable DeepL alternative for games with certain Japanese dialects as well as games over 500k characters.

Edit: Finished all text based translations of Monster Fight now, but there's a lot of picture based text, as well as floating map text that would still need manual translation. (You can't automate any of that)

Last edited:

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hello sir, i know u busy atm but could u reconsider to dmtl this one ?
https://f95zone.to/threads/rpgm-translation-request-lost-memory-saga.106884/#post-7453740

TiA also cheers for all ur works xD
I don't know where to get that game. The current version is 1.1.2.
The hentaibedta link you mention is super outdated (v1.0.0). The latest I found with a quick search is v1.0.6.

But that is not even the main issue. This game has much more text than my 500k DMTL limit, so even if you manage to get me the correct version, all I could make is either a google based MTL (and then why not use MTool instead?), or make another experimental SV3MTL prototype.

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017
The hentaibedta link you mention is super outdated (v1.0.0). The latest I found with a quick search is v1.0.6.

But that is not even the main issue. This game has much more text than my 500k DMTL limit, so even if you manage to get me the correct version, all I could make is either a google based MTL (and then why not use MTool instead?), or make another experimental SV3MTL prototype.
There are no uploads later than 1.06 & it also sounds like the devs are gonna update this game for a while so with all that said best to hold off on this one.

Arima Bery

Dec 16, 2017

ahh i see okay thanks for the response