RPGM WIP Shisaye's Project List

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hey Shisaye can you work on this one please.

https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-peripetia-of-dreams-and-lust.126191/

There was someone trying to do manual translation but he's busy nowadays and his translation attempt being stuck on his old laptop. Also asked permission and dude said he's fine with MTL.

Free version available on h sharing's mexa link.
I'll put it on my list, but there's some weird custom plugins.
I will have to write automation for that first, which might take a while.

muz2020

Nov 27, 2020

Shisaye can you translate paper text in this one especially for the minigame

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017

Shisaye can you translate paper text in this one especially for the minigame
To process a request I need a Translation-Request thread.
Please link me to its thread, or if there is none, make one.
It has not been 2 months since release, yet. This dev is notorious for releasing buggy stuff and taking a long time to finally fix it.

Also I would rather work on their previous game first now that it was supposedly finally fixed by the dev (Lewd Crest Witch and the Ero Ero Dungeon), but nobody ever provided the latest version to me.

Whotfisthis

May 30, 2021
https://f95zone.to/threads/kunoichi-karin-v1-0-cheris-soft.143933/page-24
So there's this game that's a favourite of mine. The version in the OP of the thread is half assed un-word-wrapped MTL, so another dude tried to translate but got too busy so he decided that anyone could jump in and pick it up. You can see his progress in page 25 of the thread

Do you think you could pick this one up? Same guy also mentioned how MTLs might struggle with how the game handles context on page 23

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
https://f95zone.to/threads/kunoichi-karin-v1-0-cheris-soft.143933/page-24
So there's this game that's a favourite of mine. The version in the OP of the thread is half assed un-word-wrapped MTL, so another dude tried to translate but got too busy so he decided that anyone could jump in and pick it up. You can see his progress in page 25 of the thread

Do you think you could pick this one up? Same guy also mentioned how MTLs might struggle with how the game handles context on page 23
1702434925367.png
That doesn't sound like he has given up, and I really don't like working with existing game threads. :(

As for the MTL problem, he's overestimating what it can do to begin with.
Generally speaking names are not tied to the dialogue when feeding, they get translated separately.
Almost no game actually includes the name of the person speaking in a way a machine can understand.

Trying to include the name of the person speaking will often actually make the result worse, because it can make the AI try to insert it as part of the dialogue.
Code:
Tina
I should buy a boat!
can suddenly become
Code:
I should buy Tina's boat!
And even when it doesn't fuck up, just having that one name isn't enough and there will be no improvement, it would need the entire conversation/situation to have proper context.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whotfisthis

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Hey Shisaye can you work on this one please.

https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-peripetia-of-dreams-and-lust.126191/

There was someone trying to do manual translation but he's busy nowadays and his translation attempt being stuck on his old laptop. Also asked permission and dude said he's fine with MTL.

Free version available on h sharing's mexa link.
Here you go:
https://f95zone.to/threads/translation-request-peripetia-of-dreams-and-lust.126191/post-12434061
That was surprisingly annoying to work with.

Reactions: HoundGoat21

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
I'll put it on my list but I already have 4 requests, two of which are really annoying. So I'm not sure when I can actually work on it.
I'm sorry, but that does not appear to be running on RPGM.
It seems to use some kind of chromium app repository? :confused:
I honestly have no idea what exactly this is.

Reactions: seraphiel722

seraphiel722

Jul 5, 2017
I'll put it on my list but I already have 4 requests, two of which are really annoying. So I'm not sure when I can actually work on it.

I'm sorry, but that does not appear to be running on RPGM.
It seems to use some kind of chromium app repository? :confused:
I honestly have no idea what exactly this is.
Thanks, Shisaye. No rush, so don't feel pressured or anything. (y)

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
Thanks, Shisaye. No rush, so don't feel pressured or anything. (y)
I am somewhat in a rush to complete projects since I don't know how much longer my processing rig will function. I cannot allocate all vram anymore (If I try it the rig just permanently freezes) and it randomly refuses to boot sometimes.
It might still be fine for a year for all I know, but there's actually a real possibility that my work here will end soon and I want to get as much done as I can before that happens. Especially concerning requests from someone who actually donated.

Since I have to be realistic in that I'm not going to get the money for replacement parts, I'm also working on simplifying SLR as well as adding explaining comments in the code and stuff like that. So that maybe someone else can use it.
Or could at least do the initial processing, since it's not like I would die, I could still help with bugfixing, expanding the scripts, and stuff like that. I just couldn't do the actual processing anymore.

The main issue is really the requirements for the neural networks, which is also why replacement parts would be so expensive.
If you have less than 8gb of vram (absolute bare minimum 6gb if you can really use all of it), or less than 24gb of normal ram (less than 16gb if you you only work on small games), you couldn't even really try to make it work. It just wouldn't even start.
Technically someone could load it all into normal ram and try to process it with their CPU instead, but that would be insanely slow, and probably wouldn't work for parts of the of the OCR system. (But I guess one could just bot Google Lens for picture based text instead.)

Last edited:

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
as a heads up for word wrap issues in general you can run the game with mtool and increase or decrease the font size in real time
i mean keeping shisaye's translation untouched of course

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
That one is turning out to be a really annoying project.
The dev didn't think the normal Ace dialogue system was fancy enough and instead used custom speech bubbles.
But not proper dynamic ones. Instead he basically predefined the axis for each individual box type in a completely unnecessary fashion.
To the point that normal word wrapping doesn't really work. Words constantly get eaten, or boxes break entirely and your game just freezes.
I'm trying to make automation for it so it recreates the boxes with the right size, but no luck so far.

Edit: I think I have a workaround, but it's really ugly and will likely crash at some point...
I'll release a prototype so people can test it. (Whether or not that approach is worth pursuing.)

Edit2: https://f95zone.to/threads/translat...ts-rj01107440-kuni-ganma.181853/post-12505637

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: seraphiel722

Shisaye

Engaged Member
Modder
Dec 29, 2017
hi Shisaye thx for tranlating this game but is ther a way to make the font bigger?
View attachment 3195058
Yes, but it will create problems.
The issue is that English takes up much more space than Japanese.
I can't tell the MTL to shorten sentences, I can only automate it creating a new line, but that doesn't work for menus, buttons, descriptions, popups, etc.
If you make the font bigger you will no longer be able to read certain parts because the text simply wont fit.
That's not an issue with manual translations because they can rewrite things to be shorter and change menus to allow more space, but I have no way of automating that.
If you want to change the font size anyway you need to edit the Scripts.rvdata2.
You can either do that by making a new project in the VX Ace editor, dropping the scripts in and editing them that way, or by converting the rvdata2 file to yaml or json to make it readable and then back.
I can't really provide you a good source for a cracked Ace editor, because the one I was using went to shit.

The line you need to change is in the "Main" section of the Scripts and says
Code:
Font.default_size = NUMBER
Change that number to whatever you want instead.

Reactions: wibuntr

wibuntr

Jan 16, 2023
Yes, but it will create problems.
The issue is that English takes up much more space than Japanese.
I can't tell the MTL to shorten sentences, I can only automate it creating a new line, but that doesn't work for menus, buttons, descriptions, popups, etc.
If you make the font bigger you will no longer be able to read certain parts because the text simply wont fit.
That's not an issue with manual translations because they can rewrite things to be shorter and change menus to allow more space, but I have no way of automating that.
If you want to change the font size anyway you need to edit the Scripts.rvdata2.
You can either do that by making a new project in the VX Ace editor, dropping the scripts in and editing them that way, or by converting the rvdata2 file to yaml or json to make it readable and then back.
I can't really provide you a good source for a cracked Ace editor, because the one I was using went to shit.

The line you need to change is in the "Main" section of the Scripts and says
Code:
Font.default_size = NUMBER
Change that number to whatever you want instead.
can you recomend the app or someting to edit it or convert it i was looking for it but not fond