• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

dimaste

Feb 9, 2022
Guys, what does it mean that the Windows video error makes zero and points to files? Libs pixi js , and pixi pictures js

Flowercat

Jan 4, 2018
Dev just updated the game with a bugfix for something relating to some incorrect Hecate DLC text, you can download a patch here as it's the only change:

GrimReaper339

Jun 8, 2021
I know this might not be the proper place for this, but I'm rather pissed off, so you'll excuse me if I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here.

First off is that I love Shrift. Probably my number 1 h-game of all time. I love the characters, I love the story, I love the art style, and I love the gameplay. Sure, EX4 had its whole "Fuck you genociders" thing, but other than that, best h-game of all time.

However, I recently started playing Shrift 2 after completing Shrift twice. Granted, there was a year or so in between playthroughs, but it's still just as good. I came into Shrift 2 expecting that again. Great story, great characters, great art, great GAMEPLAY.

If the capital word wasn't clear enough, lemme explain it for y'all: I very much dislike the gameplay of Shrift 2. For 4 major reasons:

1. I played on easy, as you do, and when it comes to what I've seen on this thread, I was expecting some easy gameplay. Granted, I've only been skimming around this tread for something I'll get to later. But this was anything but easy. YOU GIVE THEM AN INCH, AND THEY WILL RAIL YOU FOR A FUCKING MILE. And that leads me into the 2nd point.

2. Getting back levels is a MASSIVE pain in the ass. I did not get this game to GRIND! I got this game for a fun time. In Shrift, combat was equally good as the hentai, as the fights were all about temptation. So you could progress, and get your rocks off at the same time. BUT NOW, you have to fight lil ghost bois over and over again for what, maybe, 3-4 levels per dungeon? They take FIVE levels every time you loose, and not only that, but they get stronger. Let's start with the fact that THE FUCKING MOTH ONE SHOT ME. FULL HEALTH. FIRST TURN. COULDN'T EVEN GET OUT OF BEING GRAPPLED. AT LEVEL 47. If I could have put up a good fight, sure, I'd accept that loss. But not this. Oh and there's also the time I lost to the fucking slug. It was around 3000 hp whenever I fought it. Now it has over 7000. From 1 loss. Granted, I was in a husk state, so it was worse than usual, but can you blame me? I wasn't able to think straight cause I had my dick out constantly expecting there to be nice scenes every now and then, not every 15 minutes. If even that. THIS IS AN H-GAME. Where's the balance of the old Shrift? Did Abaddon eat it? And here's where number 3 kicks in:

3. The hotel. Oh boy the hotel. Where do I even start? Let's start with the fact that you had a nice, steamlined system if you wanted to have sex a lot in Shrift: have sex 5 times, drink tea, have sex 5 times, repeat. Now lets see what you have to do in Shrift 2: have sex 6 times (or yaknow, 1 time, since they say all or 1) constantly going through menus. Then, once drained, you have to go buy some pills. Full recovery ones cost around 5000 (I forgot the specific price) which means 1 or 2 per week on easy mode if not going out and GRINDING. And the worst part about the pills are the fucking cooldown. You blow it all having sex. Not only are you weakened, but now you have to wait 5 DAYS, for the cooldown to wear off. Enough for a full recovery minus 1 on my own. And you can't just sleep it off. No. You need to to go somewhere, then come back to the church. More menus. More time wasted. And finally, the UI during sex is trash. No option to hide everything all at once. The button guide comes back whenever you hit any button to increase speed or something. The bars at the bottom don't go away at all. OH AND BEFORE YOU COUNTER WITH, "Oh you silly goose, there's the void indulgence. Why not use that?", consider the following: No progress, bad UI is still in play along with lots of menus that have you backing out and watching their long af intros, no super speed dialogue function. I rest my case.

4. There's no information. Anywhere. The internet is useless. It's dryer than my grandmothers pussy. At least there's a guide for Shrift that goes into detail. This thread is the only source of information on the game, and GOOD FUCKING LUCK trying to find what you want out of 58 pages, if the information is even there to begin with. Not to mention the fact that there's no wiki for BOTH Shrift and Shrift 2. You would think there would be one for the first game, given how long its been out and the fact that it is now completed. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE ART PART OF THIS! R34? Nothing. E621? Nothing. Gelbooru? 1, and it's just the pic of the MGQ crossover with all the protags standing around all badass like. The only place I can find art: SankakuComplex. And how many? 60, half of which are Daji. Let's see how much MGQ has on R34: oh would you look at that, 1627. I would have thought that my favorite h-game of all time would have at least half of that, considering the collab with MGQ and everything, but no. Apparently we don't get the luxury. Like I said: THE INTERNET IS USELESS.

And here's the big conclusion. Wow, you made it to the end. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Shrift (the series) has fallen from grace substantially, either due to the new system, or the creator making bad decisions, or whatever. I'm not even going to talk about the stupid time system. Due to this, I will not longer be acting as if Shrift 2 is an H-game. It is now just a game with h-parts. I'll just go watch some loss scenes in Shrift or get squeezed out in My Room if I wanna have some good scenes with good controls. Now. I am going to go pass out in my bed from sleep deprivation. A good day to you all.

Last edited:

Flowercat

Jan 4, 2018
Probably would have been better to put this in as a review but whatever, though I have to say you bring up a really good point here:
4. There's no information. Anywhere.
and it got me thinking, I've decided to keep an up to date version of the game available for download in here, and I actually know a bit about the game, so I COULD make a text document for common questions people come to the thread with or that someone playing might have, and just bundle that with the game downloads when I put them here. I can think of a few questions already that I would be able to answer:
"Why do I keep instantly losing to this girl?"
"What do I do now that this girl is too high level for me to beat?"
"Where do I get a specific item?"
"Any tips for farming cash/xp?"
Think this would be worth doing? I could also add in any questions that end up here later or ones people think should be added.

Reactions: JakeMSG

mikulobe233

Aug 16, 2019
Probably would have been better to put this in as a review but whatever, though I have to say you bring up a really good point here:

and it got me thinking, I've decided to keep an up to date version of the game available for download in here, and I actually know a bit about the game, so I COULD make a text document for common questions people come to the thread with or that someone playing might have, and just bundle that with the game downloads when I put them here. I can think of a few questions already that I would be able to answer:
"Why do I keep instantly losing to this girl?"
"What do I do now that this girl is too high level for me to beat?"
"Where do I get a specific item?"
"Any tips for farming cash/xp?"
Think this would be worth doing? I could also add in any questions that end up here later or ones people think should be added.
I remember one of the settings from the previous game was
Once you forcefully exit from a battle or unfavorable situation, an attribute will be increased. After three times, you will be forced to fail.
The second part should be twice
I forgot how to reset this state in the first part
The second part can be reset, and some of the unlocks in the second part also require you to provide levels to your partner demons. The method is the same as the first part, but this time the status can be reset, including your sexual fetishes, which can be achieved through exercise. reset
Overall, the difficulty this time is actually a little easier than the first one.

Sorry I used a translator

Reactions: bwardyunbip

ruoyEgar

Mar 9, 2023
I know this might not be the proper place for this, but I'm rather pissed off, so you'll excuse me if I'm going to go on a bit of a rant here.

First off is that I love Shrift. Probably my number 1 h-game of all time. I love the characters, I love the story, I love the art style, and I love the gameplay. Sure, EX4 had its whole "Fuck you genociders" thing, but other than that, best h-game of all time.

However, I recently started playing Shrift 2 after completing Shrift twice. Granted, there was a year or so in between playthroughs, but it's still just as good. I came into Shrift 2 expecting that again. Great story, great characters, great art, great GAMEPLAY.

If the capital word wasn't clear enough, lemme explain it for y'all: I very much dislike the gameplay of Shrift 2. For 4 major reasons:

1. I played on easy, as you do, and when it comes to what I've seen on this thread, I was expecting some easy gameplay. Granted, I've only been skimming around this tread for something I'll get to later. But this was anything but easy. YOU GIVE THEM AN INCH, AND THEY WILL RAIL YOU FOR A FUCKING MILE. And that leads me into the 2nd point.

2. Getting back levels is a MASSIVE pain in the ass. I did not get this game to GRIND! I got this game for a fun time. In Shrift, combat was equally good as the hentai, as the fights were all about temptation. So you could progress, and get your rocks off at the same time. BUT NOW, you have to fight lil ghost bois over and over again for what, maybe, 3-4 levels per dungeon? They take FIVE levels every time you loose, and not only that, but they get stronger. Let's start with the fact that THE FUCKING MOTH ONE SHOT ME. FULL HEALTH. FIRST TURN. COULDN'T EVEN GET OUT OF BEING GRAPPLED. AT LEVEL 47. If I could have put up a good fight, sure, I'd accept that loss. But not this. Oh and there's also the time I lost to the fucking slug. It was around 3000 hp whenever I fought it. Now it has over 7000. From 1 loss. Granted, I was in a husk state, so it was worse than usual, but can you blame me? I wasn't able to think straight cause I had my dick out constantly expecting there to be nice scenes every now and then, not every 15 minutes. If even that. THIS IS AN H-GAME. Where's the balance of the old Shrift? Did Abaddon eat it? And here's where number 3 kicks in:

3. The hotel. Oh boy the hotel. Where do I even start? Let's start with the fact that you had a nice, steamlined system if you wanted to have sex a lot in Shrift: have sex 5 times, drink tea, have sex 5 times, repeat. Now lets see what you have to do in Shrift 2: have sex 6 times (or yaknow, 1 time, since they say all or 1) constantly going through menus. Then, once drained, you have to go buy some pills. Full recovery ones cost around 5000 (I forgot the specific price) which means 1 or 2 per week on easy mode if not going out and GRINDING. And the worst part about the pills are the fucking cooldown. You blow it all having sex. Not only are you weakened, but now you have to wait 5 DAYS, for the cooldown to wear off. Enough for a full recovery minus 1 on my own. And you can't just sleep it off. No. You need to to go somewhere, then come back to the church. More menus. More time wasted. And finally, the UI during sex is trash. No option to hide everything all at once. The button guide comes back whenever you hit any button to increase speed or something. The bars at the bottom don't go away at all. OH AND BEFORE YOU COUNTER WITH, "Oh you silly goose, there's the void indulgence. Why not use that?", consider the following: No progress, bad UI is still in play along with lots of menus that have you backing out and watching their long af intros, no super speed dialogue function. I rest my case.

4. There's no information. Anywhere. The internet is useless. It's dryer than my grandmothers pussy. At least there's a guide for Shrift that goes into detail. This thread is the only source of information on the game, and GOOD FUCKING LUCK trying to find what you want out of 58 pages, if the information is even there to begin with. Not to mention the fact that there's no wiki for BOTH Shrift and Shrift 2. You would think there would be one for the first game, given how long its been out and the fact that it is now completed. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE ART PART OF THIS! R34? Nothing. E621? Nothing. Gelbooru? 1, and it's just the pic of the MGQ crossover with all the protags standing around all badass like. The only place I can find art: SankakuComplex. And how many? 60, half of which are Daji. Let's see how much MGQ has on R34: oh would you look at that, 1627. I would have thought that my favorite h-game of all time would have at least half of that, considering the collab with MGQ and everything, but no. Apparently we don't get the luxury. Like I said: THE INTERNET IS USELESS.

And here's the big conclusion. Wow, you made it to the end. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Shrift (the series) has fallen from grace substantially, either due to the new system, or the creator making bad decisions, or whatever. I'm not even going to talk about the stupid time system. Due to this, I will not longer be acting as if Shrift 2 is an H-game. It is now just a game with h-parts. I'll just go watch some loss scenes in Shrift or get squeezed out in My Room if I wanna have some good scenes with good controls. Now. I am going to go pass out in my bed from sleep deprivation. A good day to you all.
I agree that the grinding part is annoying especially when the game's based off of how many days you spend, but there are tricks to help speed up the process. You have to grind at night and your levels will jump like crazy, samurai residence gives you 2-4 levels per troops even after lv 60, the rare green wisp gives you 8-9 lvs at any level. The ejaculation debuff is actually beneficial when you play the game different... the husk state allows you to feed your demon girls sooner which will max their stats significantly faster rather than waiting for them to drain all your level by 5s. It's only bad if you're up against demons that can drain you outside the hotel. (Personal trick: after clearing out the dungeon, force exit your game and hit load autosave(I understand autosave is sketchy so use with caution, back up save files), it'll load you at the entrance of the dungeon with only your level saved. This will help you grind sooner without going through the hassle.

Each demon girl or squeeze demon requires a strategy, you have to know which moves can be avoided, blocked, cleared, ect. Use buffs and debuffs. Which again is difficult to know if you can't understand japanese. There's also an option to skip the girl if you lose, so you can continue the story as is and reset the demon girl's level through the demon codex.

Many of you people(speaking about others not you) are playing the game wrong because I checked out some of your save files and you all don't use the death indulgence accessory. You have to use the red death indulgence in order to properly feed your demon girls and grind sp fast. For farming, use siren and equip an accessory that boosts magic as she has useful spells that outclass every other demons for farming, also recovers both hp and mp after the end of every battle. Max out your spell tree especially the attack all ones. Buy medicine and nutrient pills for the night debuffs; spend your days either at the gym or stores to replenish supplies. Only go to the hotel and farm at night as day time is a waste of resources... yes, the grind is still annoying but manageable as you can max lv in 10-30 mins depending on luck.

Most threads are on japanese sites which will be hard to find if you guys can't navigate the japanese net and information is provided by the creator which is only in japanese. In conclusion, the game definitely needs a lot of work and polish. I wonder if I can provide some artwork cause some of it is like a deviant art doodle by some 12 year old.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
You should've made this into a Rant-view for the memes, funny stuff, but in all seriousness, Shrift is far from fallen from grace, at worst you could argue they switched priorities/focuses, but in terms of quality, they did actually improve by a lot (higher quality animations and scenes, more gameplay aspects etc.).

1&2. I do admit it can be a Grindy game, but there are strats to optimize that grind (there are comments detailing some of those strats, such as the one close to after yours), to the tune of easily clearing the last dungeon, on hard, preferably at night, with all the Exp boost Weapon add-ons equipped (each unique one stacks, so you should equip the x1.1, x1.3 and x1.5), and Kage-onna (Shadow Lady) to find the Elemental Weakness of the rare Flame wisps that give bonus exp, you can easily grind levels upon levels even at >80 lvl.

Also you should reliably be at least >lvl 60 to be doing decent against Demons reliably. That goes double if you choose a Faith-reliant build, as your damage will scale on your max Faith (max HP). Pro-tip, hit up the gym daily, alternating each of the 3 exercises, until you'll have the Max lvl (10) for each buff per day (this will give you much increased max Faith, Vit, and other stats, including PASSIVE REGEN FOR BOTH).

Honestly, playin' on Hard, I think this game is wayyyy easier than the first, as that one was quite limited on the resources you had at your disposal at any given point, whereas here, you can easily grind yourself to lvl 99, and have immense passive regen, to the point of the only challenging fight so far having been the current last one of the Chapter 2, and even that one, only if you don't rush the initial phase of the fight.

3. I do think it's a bit annoying to not have that specific option, I might add it soon to the Mod that I already have for the game (when Ch2 is finished, when I'll also add the new monsters to the Fight Gallery etc.).

However, you can remove UI by pressing Shift. Also switch perspectives of the H-scene, when available (shows top-right if possible) by pressing Q. Fast-forward text might not be in the normal game, but it sure works if you use MTool (also used for Translating the game).

4. This is literally what you should expect of most niche games, honestly, especially those in foreign languages. Inevitably, Japanese speakers will be able to find more info on this game, and this still will remain relegated to threads on forums for the most part. It's not every game that gets its own dedicated wiki, no matter if it's a high-quality h-game or not. Just look at the Circle-tequa games, or even from RR Research Society, and you'll also see that you don't quite have a database for them, either. But realistically, that's far from the game's fault.

You also compared Shrift to MGQ, considering how big and how much of a staple MGQ is as a game series, bigger in scope, in length, in content, and even having an ongoing sequel series. That's as fair as currently comparing Helldivers 2 with the entire Call of Duty series, even if Helldivers 2 is a higher-quality game than each one of them. MGQ obviously has more photos on image boards, hell even on the clear internet, with a Wiki for both MGQ series and mods as well.

Last part was a bit cringe, but at least you got it out of the system. In the end, Shrift is quite clearly an H-game, just as much as some games that barely have sexual CG in them, and a small variety of them at that. You simply don't like the 2nd game on a personal level, and that's fine.

Many of you people(speaking about others not you) are playing the game wrong because I checked out some of your save files and you all don't use the death indulgence accessory. You have to use the red death indulgence in order to properly feed your demon girls and grind sp fast. For farming, use siren and equip an accessory that boosts magic as she has useful spells that outclass every other demons for farming, also recovers both hp and mp after the end of every battle. Max out your spell tree especially the attack all ones. Buy medicine and nutrient pills for the night debuffs; spend your days either at the gym or stores to replenish supplies. Only go to the hotel and farm at night as day time is a waste of resources... yes, the grind is still annoying but manageable as you can max lv in 10-30 mins depending on luck.
You spoke perfect gospel, aside from using Siren as the partner, how you missin' out on my girl Kage Onna, she has that innate Analyze skill to use to see the Elemental Weakness of the Flame Whisps, since they peace out immediately if you don't guess right their weakness.
You can get that skill also from Weapon add-ons, but honestly, I'd keep those slots for the 3 Exp boosters that we currently have (and here's hopin' for more in the future, for the x2.0 one maybe).

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes