• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Noctilight

Jun 18, 2020
Probably would have been better to put this in as a review but whatever, though I have to say you bring up a really good point here:

and it got me thinking, I've decided to keep an up to date version of the game available for download in here, and I actually know a bit about the game, so I COULD make a text document for common questions people come to the thread with or that someone playing might have, and just bundle that with the game downloads when I put them here. I can think of a few questions already that I would be able to answer:
"Why do I keep instantly losing to this girl?"
"What do I do now that this girl is too high level for me to beat?"
"Where do I get a specific item?"
"Any tips for farming cash/xp?"
Think this would be worth doing? I could also add in any questions that end up here later or ones people think should be added.
Hey sorry to bother you but great idea, I am thinking of starting a file where tips and a general walktrought can be found, if you didn't start one I can start working on it ( if people want to propose things to put in, go on ), or if you already started one if I can help I am up for it, or maybe set up a shared document where several people can work on it ( I have one set up if people want, just use an anonymous email : ) ?

EDIT : I started working on it anyway, if anyone wants to help you are welcome, I set up a basic system to keep things clean ( read the first comment on the doc )

Last edited:
May 23, 2017
Wonder if we'll have an option to marry a demon in the future like in Shrift 1, seems like it would conflict with Richard's beliefs or something. Feel like there's much more attachment to the demons than in the previous game tbh.

Reactions: bwardyunbip

coinflippinmonster

Aug 1, 2019
How do I get the new scene for the bat girl Natsu? I see there's an update in twitter for that in the DLC patch

P/S: nvm it looks like I just need to go to bed and it will trigger

Last edited:

Facha1234

Mar 11, 2019
Does anyone remember if it's mandatory to go to the school and solve the kanako quest to fight torodon ?
Iirc, you don't need to go to school before Torodon's fight. I remember doing Torodon, then Siren, then Hanako quest, but I'm unsure if order can be changed.

Noctilight

Jun 18, 2020
Ok so, I am missing a few items description : accessories, DOD, enhanced devices and skills, and consumables. I need to do sidequests too but for now I will replay trought the game to devise a strategy for each bosses and lesser demons, and to complete the chapter 2 walktrought, because writing item descriptions is starting to tire me out. The objective will be to beat every boss by not farming exp, just fighting every ennemies I find in dungeons once. And after that maybe make things pretty because it's ugly.

ImuSama

Nov 19, 2023
Ok so, I am missing a few items description : accessories, DOD, enhanced devices and skills, and consumables. I need to do sidequests too but for now I will replay trought the game to devise a strategy for each bosses and lesser demons, and to complete the chapter 2 walktrought, because writing item descriptions is starting to tire me out. The objective will be to beat every boss by not farming exp, just fighting every ennemies I find in dungeons once. And after that maybe make things pretty because it's ugly.
Hi thx, just for said, the Sphynx DLX doesn't work but the rest is fine, when i play it the sphynx appear and diseapper directly, and after the screen is frooze.

lazydude

Dec 21, 2017
Honestly, playin' on Hard, I think this game is wayyyy easier than the first, as that one was quite limited on the resources you had at your disposal at any given point, whereas here, you can easily grind yourself to lvl 99, and have immense passive regen, to the point of the only challenging fight so far having been the current last one of the Chapter 2, and even that one, only if you don't rush the initial phase of the fight.
but the level cap is 30

Noctilight

Jun 18, 2020
but the level cap is 30
No, you can go level 99 but past level 30 the changes in stats are small. But with enough small changes, even a mountain can be toppled.

Like most rpg difficulty is based on the way the player plays, you can grind forever usually, in pokemon you can grind on route 1 for 35 hours, in MGQ paradox too ( yes you can grind in the chaos labyrinth too, it just comes in the form of items ). If you want more of a challenge just don't grind and aim for all the scenes, DOD included, you will have a lot lower levels.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
but the level cap is 30
You can go past lvl 30, although stat changes fall of gradually. Generally speaking, you can consider Lvl 30 as the Bare Minimum (if you're lower than this, you've got almost no chance in serious fights), Lvl 60-70 as the Average (recommended level for most stuff), and anything higher than that as surplus, in case it helps you against harder fights (but only slightly).

No, you can go level 99 but past level 30 the changes in stats are small. But with enough small changes, even a mountain can be toppled.

Like most rpg difficulty is based on the way the player plays, you can grind forever usually, in pokemon you can grind on route 1 for 35 hours, in MGQ paradox too ( yes you can grind in the chaos labyrinth too, it just comes in the form of items ). If you want more of a challenge just don't grind and aim for all the scenes, DOD included, you will have a lot lower levels.
For MGQ Paradox, best grind imo is getting all your main Chars to Max lvl on all Jobs and available races for each of them (including Race transformations from Promestein), to make sure you've truly unlocked their potential.
Afterwards, even just a light walk in LoC gets you items that breeze the main game.

You should still keep a Save prior to entering LoC if you wish, when Part 3 drops fully, to get a certain Achievement of completing the game (on any Save, since Achievements are saved on the Meta Save) without going into LoC first.

Noctilight

Jun 18, 2020
Wiki :

I am done with the wiki, I couldn't translate the status effects images because I can't read what the image translator is spewing. We have a walktrought of the main game and the sidequests, strategies for ennemies and demons, catalogues for ennemies and gear, tips and questions everyone asks, and to finish builds and puzzles answers.

I am not a native english speaker so I might have done some mistakes ( add a comment next to the spelling mistakes on the doc ), there are some info I just couldn't find ( like some ennemies ) and if anyone can translates the images i'll add them, the doc is now only for looking ( and commenting for any mistakes ), if anyone wants to suggest things or work on it just respond to this message and i'll let you do it or do it myself. And if OP sees this message, pin it please, so that people can find a somewhat helpful wiki.

And if anyone wants to praise me for my work, you can.

JakeMSG

Jul 2, 2017
Stupid bozo question here, but is the full translation found on the blog?
Current translator for this game is Shrifted (the guy that also translated the 1st game), and he's currently still working on the Ch2 part of this game (Ch1 was already Translated).
Link to his ULMF thread for the Translation .

Keep in mind, he generally makes his Translation patches (via an .exe patcher) for the latest version of the game, so you'll need that for the Translation to work.
(And also, the translation is currently not full, and it's possible he won't Translate DLCs either, much like in the 1st game).

For MTL-ing the translation (for the missing parts), I recommend MTool, link to that program [here].

King_Bradley

Mar 25, 2020
Hello there!
I saw from the gallery that i unlocked thanks to the save files that there are some extra form for the Maneater (like a plant girl) and the Love Hug (like a frog). How i play that models?

• Red Heart

oofwagon

Oct 29, 2018
Hello there!
I saw from the gallery that i unlocked thanks to the save files that there are some extra form for the Maneater (like a plant girl) and the Love Hug (like a frog). How i play that models?
You have to lose to them and give them around 30 levels each if I'm not mistaken.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes