Arkanae

May 29, 2018
What's the difference between the "compliant" and "defiant" paths? I haven't really seen a change, but I am not sure if I triggered it successfully...

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
What's the difference between the "compliant" and "defiant" paths? I haven't really seen a change, but I am not sure if I triggered it successfully...
You're not going to feel it yet. Let's just say if you keep disobeying orders, the company is not going to be too kind later in the game.

Right now it comes down to either killing or sparing Ava (the first drone), so choose what character you like the most between Ava and Lina for the future chapters. That specific choice doesn't have too much long term consequences as you'll get new opportunities in Chapter 2 to remain in the company's good graces. Otherwise you can continue to be a bad boy and see what happens!

ななにに

Feb 17, 2023
I kind of like the last transformation for this update, but I'm not big on the latex goo stuff which I think is hinting on the next transformations. Is there a way to safely lock yourself into a transformation state while still able to screw everything without corruption boost or is it constant management?
I like the idea of walking around naked instead of relying on armor, without handicapping yourself, so I hope there's that shield progression tree that eventually will be peer to peer with whatever the full upgrades for the suit is (for balance).

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
I kind of like the last transformation for this update, but I'm not big on the latex goo stuff which I think is hinting on the next transformations. Is there a way to safely lock yourself into a transformation state while still able to screw everything without corruption boost or is it constant management?
I like the idea of walking around naked instead of relying on armor, without handicapping yourself, so I hope there's that shield progression tree that eventually will be peer to peer with whatever the full upgrades for the suit is (for balance).
You only get corruption from enemy lust attacks during combat, losing a fight or from the parasite. If you win a fight and decide the fuck the creature, you're not going to get any corruption for doing that.

The risk vs reward approach of corruption and danger level is central to the game so that core mechanic is unlikely to change, however we'll see if adjustments need to be made or if some sort of convenience item can make its way into the game in chapter 2 to steer a run in one particular direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: ななにに

orellion

May 12, 2023
Great combat for a Twine game. Music and sound effects also help bring the atmosphere to life. I do think developing two games at the same time is not maintainable though (unless the dev is a small team).

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Great combat for a Twine game. Music and sound effects also help bring the atmosphere to life. I do think developing two games at the same time is not maintainable though (unless the dev is a small team).
No worries this isn't a solo venture. I think I would already be on life support if it was.

Jeffersinor

Jan 8, 2024
damn this is a good game, i just hope the corruption mechanics wont be so punishing. I hope there will be some kind of full corruption/power path in the future

AutumnBomb

Mar 18, 2019
not big into the latex fetish myself, but actually a pretty fun game, will be watching for updates

4.70 star(s) 7 Votes