Others Java Simbro Reloaded Dev Journal [PC only]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
Why not set a production team...
the real objective of this project is to learn how to make a complete game with all the learning curve and problems that this entails , I understand the enthusiasm to see this game on wheels; me too. but at least I'll take it easy.

On the subject of programmers, I happen to find that almost nobody programs in the environment in which I do it (many of them program rempy / unity / unreal, which are very different worlds). Then there is the probability, if there is a lot of difference in ability, we will delay each other, plus the frustration of being forced to increase the pace and make the learning process more traumatic on that side it is already clear to me that only I will take care of that role.

That is why I see it vital to be able to complete a project to be part of a future team of programmers or at least direct it in case newbies arrive wanting to learn.

I think too the real reason that many projects are abandoned is because the code role there is really no one who guarantees to finish it, and if you have followed other projects (such as breeding season) if that role fails, it does not matter how good artists and writers you have by hand. the bottleneck in the progress block the project.

I remember a lot in breeding season, Spurple did not stop every week creating new drawings and the other member of the team also doing animations, but the game was stopped because something was happening in the code, that's when we meet patreons that only bleed money.

but hey, I think it was at the beginning of October when I started seriously with all this, and the truth is that development has progressed quite well.

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
what are you planning to add in the game ? and btw the link dont work for me
this seems hosting manteinance (if the issue persist I reupload this soon)

about what i am planing? not much the truth, just get as close as possible to the original (but playable ofcourse). The only thing I'm doing a little differently is normal events have dynamic dialogues with random consequences.

starkillersfm

Feb 15, 2018
this seems hosting manteinance (if the issue persist I reupload this soon)

about what i am planing? not much the truth, just get as close as possible to the original (but playable ofcourse). The only thing I'm doing a little differently is normal events have dynamic dialogues with random consequences.
ok thanks ^^

Sep 16, 2020
on the topic of animals I kinda like the idea to get a guard dog, maybe a random enconter in the slum were you could adopt a stray dog and whenever you fight at your base the dog could join the fight.

Reactions: Hfreak

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
I would love add some event like that, but I think dont fit well with this game.
I may consider it in the future, but I would also need someone to be in charge of drawing it without breaking the aesthetics of the game.

Also remember any new idea in the game other than the original I have discarded until the end of development to avoid increasing the complexity that this already have.

Sep 16, 2020
I would love add some event like that, but I think dont fit well with this game.
I may consider it in the future, but I would also need someone to be in charge of drawing it without breaking the aesthetics of the game.

Also remember any new idea in the game other than the original I have discarded until the end of development to avoid increasing the complexity that this already have.
Fair. You may want to make a list of all new ideas to show which ones may come after you finish development and which ones are least likely to be added. Also I'm woundering about the portal room and who else may come from it.

Reactions: quarzo

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
Fair. You may want to make a list of all new ideas to show which ones may come after you finish development and which ones are least likely to be added. Also I'm woundering about the portal room and who else may come from it.
Well lets say is too early for decide about that, when I add the infamous Gym to the game then is posible I start to ask for what new stuff do you want to see.

about my actual progress this week end I going to start implementing the combat system . this task Involve a lot of stuff to do, so Is posible not to report interesting things again for a few days. At least for the moment I already have visually added the party of the player and the enemy, it only remains to see if the fighting code that I wrote works, but I must adapt it to the game loop, I also think that the health/ stamina bars are going to give me some war (They are not reduced correctly if I associate it with the stats of the characters).

ba.png

delta00

Jun 30, 2017
Hello.Will it be possible to modify the body, hair, eyes and dialogs the game I would like to customize the girls with a more personal design?

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
Hello.Will it be possible to modify the body, hair, eyes and dialogs the game I would like to customize the girls with a more personal design?
at the moment my code already support change clothes and short HairCuts for the current female body.
about makeup for eyebrows will be adde in a future.

if you mean create more body variety like the males
I'll leave it for a more advanced version of the game. Unless if someone wants to adapt other bodies, and also do it with the rest of the clothes of the current body then I would have no problem adding them with relative priority.

If the customization is intended for the current body, I have no problem uploading the templates in the fly

about the dialogues also for in the future I will explain to you what format I have in case you want to share new lines. (the truth interests me a lot, every time you enter an area the npc will tell you different things)

Last edited:

( o )( o )

May 12, 2019
Why not set a production team with some artists, coders and try launching a patreon campaign?

I bet it would be succesful because this game left a lot of orphans and there's still people paying for the abandoned version.

You could change the name to SIMBROZ or something like so you could avoid any issues just in case the original creator show up.

BTW I'm a writer and I will be glad to be of your assistance. English is not my native language and most of my texts are in portuguese but I think I have some good insights and you could review the texts for any grammatical errors.
Because of copyright problems. Would you really like to risk getting sewed by people who didn't even mind to abandon their fans and still steal their money? They already proved how far they would go and how much they are into money. And besides: what's wrong about being generous and offer a free game?

Apr 30, 2017
Because of copyright problems. Would you really like to risk getting sewed by people who didn't even mind to abandon their fans and still steal their money? They already proved how far they would go and how much they are into money. And besides: what's wrong about being generous and offer a free game?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

what's wrong about being generous and offer a free game?

There's nothing wrong about that. But projects like this takes time and a lot of work, and I rather support a small creator for good content than waiting him to post his work twice a year with very little progress as he's taking it as a hobby while he works 60 hours per week to pay his bills .

Also, you could always download it for free here, but I think it's fair that supporters have early access or some kind of special treatment for their monetary aid.

It's not mandatory, just a viable option in case the creator wants to take it a step further. In this particular case the creator wants to take it easy and I respect that a lot since it's the one reviving this dead project for the sake of loving too much the original idea.

Last edited:

( o )( o )

May 12, 2019
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

what's wrong about being generous and offer a free game?

There's nothing wrong about that. But projects like this takes time and a lot of work, and I rather support a small creator for good content than waiting him to post his work twice a year with very little progress as he's taking it as a hobby while he works 60 hours per week to pay his bills .

Also, you could always download it for free here, but I think it's fair that supporters have early access or some kind of special treatment for their monetary aid.

It's not mandatory, just a viable option in case the creator wants to take it a step further. In this particular case the creator wants to take it easy and I respect that a lot since it's the one reviving this dead project for the sake of loving too much the original idea.
Well... in that case I would suggest a donation possibility right here instead of a Patreon account. Like Paypal or something like that. Would be even a smart way to avoid such... possible law problems if you ask me.

Apr 30, 2017
Well... in that case I would suggest a donation possibility right here instead of a Patreon account. Like Paypal or something like that. Would be even a smart way to avoid such... possible law problems if you ask me.
yeah, I said Patreon because it was the first to come to mind but you're right, lately I've seen some creators migrating to itch.io, about the law issues, some of them only are only applied if the creator is from the US but most of them are more like suggestions/policies than of legal nature.

quarzo

Aug 25, 2017
nah, guys it is ok, I appreciate the intention, but I will leave that subject for another game (mainly so that I can finance the artist :p)

Reactions: severinodearacaju
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes