Others Simbro ResErection [Development Thread]

vvvoy

Mar 25, 2022
great game have a lot of potential but it have major problem at least for me you have to keep or fix it depends

1 basically you have to manual select to travel of every part like a labyrinth and the cellphone doesn't help cause i cant read hieroglyph the old game has an easy and quick way to travel to every part IN ONE SCREEN is simple but works well the plan screen led you to see every places and employees meanwhile the new game just confuse me where to remember to select ill thank you if you change a bit to more accessible

2 this thing is my opinion but i don't like you separate the top part from the bottom part of the clothes of female i just found it kinda cursed i know just add a lot of customization but it lost his essence idk i talking

Madie2023

Mar 26, 2023
I love the look of this "Remake" Keep going this gonna be great! Had you thought about doing some X-ray scenes or pregnant system like the original?

TheGentleViking

Simbro ResErection Developer
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
I love the look of this "Remake" Keep going this gonna be great! Had you thought about doing some X-ray scenes or pregnant system like the original?
We do plan on adding pregnancy later. We haven't considered X-ray but we are tinkering with the idea of having a picture-in-picture sort of deal that would give you a view of the penetration.

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
great game have a lot of potential but it have major problem at least for me you have to keep or fix it depends

1 basically you have to manual select to travel of every part like a labyrinth and the cellphone doesn't help cause i cant read hieroglyph the old game has an easy and quick way to travel to every part IN ONE SCREEN is simple but works well the plan screen led you to see every places and employees meanwhile the new game just confuse me where to remember to select ill thank you if you change a bit to more accessible

2 this thing is my opinion but i don't like you separate the top part from the bottom part of the clothes of female i just found it kinda cursed i know just add a lot of customization but it lost his essence idk i talking
Thanks for the feedback!

Once we have more outfits we plan to spawn girls with one outfit theme. You'll still be able to mix and match clothes but it should help a bit with that curse feeling.

I can't really say if we will change the travel mechanics. In my opinion, the old games travel system was clunky and confusing for me as a new player (much like this one I guess lol). We tried to make it as simple as possible, the boxes on the right allow you to travel within the building you're currently located (no need to open a menu). If you want to travel to a different building/area of town, you open the pause menu and select the icon that looks like a waypoint/ map pin. We do plan to add text to the menu to help, but we aren't sure cramming everything into one screen is the best way.

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
is there any sex content in the demo ?
Just one pose. You need to hire a girl from the slums, offer her to a client, and use the peek button that appears under the do not disturb sign. You get clients once you have a girl assigned to a bedroom. You'll get a notice that a client has arrived regardless of where you are, you just need to travel to the reception area to assign the girls.

MercuryDev

Game Developer
Dec 7, 2020
Thanks for the feedback!

Once we have more outfits we plan to spawn girls with one outfit theme. You'll still be able to mix and match clothes but it should help a bit with that curse feeling.

I can't really say if we will change the travel mechanics. In my opinion, the old games travel system was clunky and confusing for me as a new player (much like this one I guess lol). We tried to make it as simple as possible, the boxes on the right allow you to travel within the building you're currently located (no need to open a menu). If you want to travel to a different building/area of town, you open the pause menu and select the icon that looks like a waypoint/ map pin. We do plan to add text to the menu to help, but we aren't sure cramming everything into one screen is the best way.
I'd say the current menu system is confusing. Right now to travel around the game world, you should do 3 clicks in 3 different areas of the screen: Phone on the bottom-left > Map on the bottom-center > Location (differs). Too much clicks, too much mouse movements for a feature you're gonna use constantly, a couple times per minute sometimes.

Other menu elements are also confusing. I don't get the idea of small icons in the bottom of a phone screen which you should at first open by clicking on another small icon in the bottom of the main screen. HP, SP, Money, Reputation, Time... I wouldn't say those stats aren't useful too see, but how come they are so big-ass on the top of the screen, while the most useful buttons are hidden? I serioursly think the UI needs a rework. Right now it's very unhandy, I can't see the logic of it, the UX scenarios you considered.

• Hey there
Reactions: vvvoy

PULALAU1

Oct 13, 2017
Just one pose. You need to hire a girl from the slums, offer her to a client, and use the peek button that appears under the do not disturb sign. You get clients once you have a girl assigned to a bedroom. You'll get a notice that a client has arrived regardless of where you are, you just need to travel to the reception area to assign the girls.
it's a small start but a good one , i will w8 until the game is bigger

Reactions: TheGentleViking

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
I'd say the current menu system is confusing. Right now to travel around the game world, you should do 3 clicks in 3 different areas of the screen: Phone on the bottom-left > Map on the bottom-center > Location (differs). Too much clicks, too much mouse movements for a feature you're gonna use constantly, a couple times per minute sometimes.

Other menu elements are also confusing. I don't get the idea of small icons in the bottom of a phone screen which you should at first open by clicking on another small icon in the bottom of the main screen. HP, SP, Money, Reputation, Time... I wouldn't say those stats aren't useful too see, but how come they are so big-ass on the top of the screen, while the most useful buttons are hidden? I serioursly think the UI needs a rework. Right now it's very unhandy, I can't see the logic of it, the UX scenarios you considered.
A large factor in our design choice was consideration for Android users and future controller support (for accessibility). Add the lack of tutorial, and this being an early build, and I can see where the frustration comes from. Let me address each of your concerns.

3 click traveling - Our intent for keyboard and mouse users is to have them use the tab key to open the menu (reducing mouse travel) and clicks. The button in the bottom right was in consideration of phone/tablet users who don't have a tab key. We kept it small so users outside the mobile platform wouldn't find it intrusive. We are adding hot keys to aid in screen navigation and a tutorial to better inform users.

Game Stat display - When it comes to the Hud or the place where the players stats and time of day are displayed, we had to consider users on smaller devices. Because Health, Stamina, Money, Reputation, and Time play a critical role in the majority of the in game events we felt it was best to make it the "main" element to stand out. We wanted to consider those with smaller screens as text can be unreadable when scaled too small.

Pause menu icon size - This is something we've addressed on discord. We do plan on increasing the size of the icons and improving placement for both paid and unpaid users.

We appreciate your feedback!

TheGentleViking

Game Developer
Dec 9, 2020
so what exactly inspired you to chose this game specifi ? for a remake
It was a combination of things. First, I played the original and saw potential. Second, I needed a game people were familiar with. And last, I needed a game I could decompile so I could get a more intimate understanding of it.