Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Banner.png
Overview:
A repository for and about converting items from Second Life(and other games) to The Sims 4. Some tutorials included.​

I felt bad for accidentally cluttering up the main Sims 4 Mod thread with Second Life junk so I decided to separate it. I'm not quite sure what the plan for this thread is but I guess I'll figure it out as we go. I know that I preferred one place to organize, discuss and upload conversions that myself and others make. I also wanted a place to put my tutorials if anyone wanted or needed to watch them so they wouldn't get lost. Anyway...

Why this thread?
I felt bad for cluttering up the main Sims 4 mod thread and was suggested to make a separate one as things got lost in the shuffle really easily. I thought this would be a good place to discuss, make & share content that is converted to The Sims 4. Please keep in mind that this is not a request thread for Patreon locked content. People have shown interest in making their own content, we'll do that here.

I want to contribute, how can I do that?
There are a number of ways you can contribute such as:

Helping others who want to convert. I know that there's a handful of people here who want to convert/make their own content so if you know about it, sharing your wisdom would probably help more than you know.

Sharing your own conversions. I'd also like this thread to be home of mod sharing. If you feel so inclined, you can also share a WIPs of the things you make/convert.

Donating files to be converted. If you want/have something that you or others would like to be converted, donating the files for it helps the process move a bit quicker.

Just say thanks. It doesn't seem like much but it really goes a long way.

How do I save meshes from Second Life?
If you're wondering how to get a hold of the viewers needed, I really recommend going to the Goon Squad forums. and use this to get started. Keep in mind that you also need a as well and remember to use an ALT and not your main. to covering your butt when using a Copy bot viewer. The forum should provide you with most everything you need to get started.

If you do choose to extract meshes to convert, don't take credit for whats not yours! If you can, please pay creators their due, they work hard on what they make!

Tutorials
There are quite a few different tutorials that you can look at although they aren't specifically tailored for The Sims...
  • : She makes plenty of helpful tutorials featuring the Copy Bot viewer she uses. She explains everything pretty well although some of her videos might be a bit outdated.
  • : I'm currently working on a series of tutorials that will be more Sims specific than whats available right now.

Downloads
These are links for everything that's been converted so far. I will try my best to keep this list as updated as possible and it might change over time. Don't mind the dust.

My Links:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ksmdr's Links:
Nicia's Links:
MelaninDiamonds' Links:
MinnieM's Links:
Simpai's Links:
liontari's Links:
xxsanaxx's Links:
CanariaRose's Links:
Back-up:
In case some or all of the links die, everything that's been posted in this thread can be downloaded from here.

This is a hobby that kind people are doing in their free time. Feel free to request but keep in mind it's not mandatory that it be done. Don't be rude or spam.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3270429

Hello. I need help, my blender doesn't have the UV editing manual tab like the one that you have in the youtube tutorial

How can I open the UV editing tab?

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Hello. I need help, my blender doesn't have the UV editing manual tab like the one that you have in the youtube tutorial

How can I open the UV editing tab?
Make sure you have the object selected before you press the tab button and enter edit mode. It should be there then.

Edit: I read this wrong, what do you mean manual tab?

Last edited:
Reactions: StHunters

dunkxcrazy

Apr 7, 2019
hi ive concerted hairs from imvu before so im fairly decent with blender my main issue has always been trying to make them alpha or just dealing with transparency issues in genaral. ill bring them in game and you can literally see through the hair and like see the layers underneath. Id love to take a crack at sl hairs bc they are so but dealing with the transparency scares me lol HHHeaven do you have any tips on dealing with that or should i just wait until your youtube tutorials come out?

Reactions: Cove Holden
D

Deleted member 3167038

I just wanted to ask if it’s possible to convert flexi hair from second life? I see some nice hairstyles that I want but idk if it’s possible

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
hi ive concerted hairs from imvu before so im fairly decent with blender my main issue has always been trying to make them alpha or just dealing with transparency issues in genaral. ill bring them in game and you can literally see through the hair and like see the layers underneath. Id love to take a crack at sl hairs bc they are so but dealing with the transparency scares me lol HHHeaven do you have any tips on dealing with that or should i just wait until your youtube tutorials come out?
Hey, I was really weary of the garbage way TS4 handles transparency too lol. But before I started pulling all my hair out @ksmdrs came to my rescue and told me that the base of the hair should not be transparent. You have to find a mesh that includes both Alpha and Clay parts for the hair.

When you're ready, clone the package file of the they made in S4S and use it as your base. It should have 4 cuts: Clay is the 1st, the Alpha is the 2nd & the other 2 cuts are for the hats.

• Red Heart
Reactions: es989
D

Deleted member 3270429

Make sure you have the object selected before you press the tab button and enter edit mode. It should be there then.

Edit: I read this wrong, what do you mean manual tab?
ugh, i need to have 3 posts so I could post images =((

D

Deleted member 3270429

so I saw you mentioned that we need to use UV editor

but when I switched to uv editor mode, my blender went blank like this even tho I already opened the dae file =( help me plsss

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018

but when I switched to uv editor mode, my blender went blank like this even tho I already opened the dae file =( help me plsss
Ah, the UV editor, its the window beside the 3D view in the video. You shouldn't have to switch tabs for it, the default start up for Blender should have them both open (side by side) already.

D

Deleted member 3137218

you have to pull it out to get two windows.
see those 3 slash lines in the top right hand corner. looks like this

1610952992773.png

click it and drag it out. you'll have 2 windows that will look the same like this
1610953116024.png

to make one your UV and the other your scene, pick a window and go to the bottom left corner
1610953025895.png

click the menu
1610953054060.png

3d view will give you your normal view, on the left you'll have uv/image editor.

hope this helped

D

Deleted member 3137218

next time you open up blender, it should "stick" this way. this is only for 2.7x
if you're using 2.8+, you won't have this annoying issue.

they need to make sims 4 studio work with 2.8. it's been too long lol.

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
next time you open up blender, it should "stick" this way. this is only for 2.7x
if you're using 2.8+, you won't have this annoying issue.

they need to make sims 4 studio work with 2.8. it's been too long lol.
Thank you, I've never had this issue with blender before unless I'm opening a jank file. And they do need to bring support for newer versions of Blender, it would make alot of stuff easier for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.