Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereforthecc

Nov 18, 2020
for animation, you have to import the animation (use the pmx pmd plug in) and match the bones of the mmd rig to the bones of the sims 4 rig. process is the same for second life animations although the SL animations are not as good as sims 4 ones, in my opinion
Thanks, I did that but it doesn't link, the armature just moves but not the whole rig itself.

Ghostieboi

Nov 18, 2020
I've been attempting to convert hairs for a while, I'm currently converting the Coven hair by Doux. I followed the tutorial for transferring data but the hair always ends up looking like this. Am I doing something wrong?

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
I've been attempting to convert hairs for a while, I'm currently converting the Coven hair by Doux. I followed the tutorial for transferring data but the hair always ends up looking like this. Am I doing something wrong?
Thats because you have the uv_1 selected. Switch back to the uv_0.

D

Deleted member 909046

1611075452438.png
This one works with hats, i cloned the package from a simpliciaty hairstyle you can clone this one for hairs like these it has a second mesh group for each hat version so they clay part works on the hat versions too
Credit for the hair and textures goes to Doux from second life

Ghostieboi

Nov 18, 2020
Thats because you have the uv_1 selected. Switch back to the uv_0.
Thank you! I figured it out! Sorry to be a bother but I have one more question... The ends of my conversion still look a bit blocky after redoing the UV maps and fixing the materials in blender. Should I fix the UV map again?

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Thank you! I figured it out! Sorry to be a bother but I have one more question... The ends of my conversion still look a bit blocky after redoing the UV maps and fixing the materials in blender. Should I fix the UV map again?
You're not bother, you're trying to learn. It looks like you've got transparency enabled so the ends of hair's UVs are too close to the edges of the hair. It should be easy to adjust what you have already in the UV Editor. Hope that makes sense lol/

• Red Heart
Reactions: DarkDream34

Ghostieboi

Nov 18, 2020
You're not bother, you're trying to learn. It looks like you've got transparency enabled so the ends of hair's UVs are too close to the edges of the hair. It should be easy to adjust what you have already in the UV Editor. Hope that makes sense lol/
Thank you again! I figured out why it looked so blocky, I had to select the UV and pull it down towards the ends to give the ends a more transparent look! You've been such a big help!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Cove Holden
D

Deleted member 3137218

Thanks, I did that but it doesn't link, the armature just moves but not the whole rig itself.
you can try with auto rigger pro if you can find that off a torrent bc i think it's what c97 uses.
usually i manually rename all the bones and it's a pain in the ass bc knees never work right. i think wt2 productions had a small tutorial on it. you can always ask her. she's really nice and helpful

• Red Heart
Reactions: hereforthecc

MinnieM

Sep 2, 2018
When converting hairs, do you guys switch to the simglass shader in S4S? I've seen it in a few tutorials but not in the video tutorial on the first page.

I also have a question about textures, not sure the best way to get all the colors in efficiently. Do you need to save each texture from SL and make a DDS for each one?

Thank you for all your help!

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
When converting hairs, do you guys switch to the simglass shader in S4S? I've seen it in a few tutorials but not in the video tutorial on the first page.

I also have a question about textures, not sure the best way to get all the colors in efficiently. Do you need to save each texture from SL and make a DDS for each one?

Thank you for all your help!
The Alpha should be simglass and the clay should be simskin but with the template package file, everything should already be set to what it needs to be.

hereforthecc

Nov 18, 2020
xxsanaxx Thank you fr, I will look for auto rigging pro tool

I need to learn how to convert this old pc from second live and make it functional :ROFLMAO:
link:
If anyone has late 90s/early 00s objects, please share with me. I was looking for stuff like this just to make a nostalgic ts4 room.

Last edited:
Reactions: simmer79
Status
Not open for further replies.