Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hereforthecc

Nov 18, 2020
Can I just use blender 2.8 and convert the object there and eventually open it in 2.7 just so I can make it work with s4s? Because I mostly use blender 2.8 for everything else.
Also, does anyone know how I can make a non-functional object (the second life pc I want to convert) functional for the sims 4?

D

Deleted member 909046

Can I just use blender 2.8 and convert the object there and eventually open it in 2.7 just so I can make it work with s4s? Because I mostly use blender 2.8 for everything else.
Also, does anyone know how I can make a non-functional object (the second life pc I want to convert) functional for the sims 4?
im not sure but i think you have to delete the screen from the second life pc and place the screen of maxic pc to it in blender havent tried this ever but it might work

D

Deleted member 3137218

xxsanaxx Thank you fr, I will look for auto rigging pro tool

I need to learn how to convert this old pc from second live and make it functional :ROFLMAO:
link:
If anyone has late 90s/early 00s objects, please share with me. I was looking for stuff like this just to make a nostalgic ts4 room.
there's this ibook (scroll down)

• Red Heart
Reactions: hereforthecc
D

Deleted member 3137218

i model everything in 2.8 and just export it out as an obj or dae and import that into 2.7.
i absolutely hate the interface of 2.7 and it's a nightmare when i have to use nodes.

for nonfunctional to functional, this might work but

BudzBunny

Mar 1, 2020
I have been wanting to learn this for FOREVER! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and also thanks to those sharing conversions!

My thing is I have never actually played SL and not sure how to even get hair to save for converting. Could you maybe give a quick run down? Also, is that what the copy bot viewer is for (Hydra)? Sorry this all brand new to me.

Reactions: netcat

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
I have been wanting to learn this for FOREVER! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and also thanks to those sharing conversions!

My thing is I have never actually played SL and not sure how to even get hair to save for converting. Could you maybe give a quick run down? Also, is that what the copy bot viewer is for (Hydra)? Sorry this all brand new to me.
You should check out . It's not for the Hydra viewer specifically but they both function the same and the layouts are both similar. It should give you the info you need to get started.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BudzBunny

Casty38

Dec 22, 2020
I have a question that may seem strange to you, but where else to ask it if not here) I know cases when creators complaining about users who converted sl-content to s3 - it seems that their tumblrs were deleted. Has anyone even tried to contact sl-creators about conversions to ts4? Maybe for personal use or free sharing? Do all sl-creators disallow conversions to sims, even though they don't do it themselves, or are there exceptions? I know they totally own their meshes, but I want more information to understand how can I use this content...

D

Deleted member 3137218

I have a question that may seem strange to you, but where else to ask it if not here) I know cases when creators complaining about users who converted sl-content to s3 - it seems that their tumblrs were deleted. Has anyone even tried to contact sl-creators about conversions to ts4? Maybe for personal use or free sharing? Do all sl-creators disallow conversions to sims, even though they don't do it themselves, or are there exceptions? I know they totally own their meshes, but I want more information to understand how can I use this content...
their tumblrs get taken down bc of DMCA. SL ppl have more control over their meshes as per linden labs' EULA and can do this so don't flaunt your goods in a way that it's noticeable. it's why leo recolours her stolen goods and it's why she is on her third tumblr account. a lot of sims 3 people moved over to SL and they frequently spy on other tumblrs but those sims 3 people are usually the older big asian creators (77sims, kiru, spectacledchic, etc). if you're a patreon person displaying SL stuff, they will ding you (and honestly, you should not be reselling conversions on patreon anyways).

the creators that are the worst with DMCA are bigger ones like whatnext, dustbunny, vespertine, nutmeg. you can thank leosims for this as a bunch of them discovered their stuff being sold under leo's patreon and they will dmca tumblrs for even posting images of their stuff in a sims game.

if it's of any comfort, most creators live completely on SL and don't know or care about sims or tumblr (they hang out on flickr, wordpress, and facebook...which is baffling because i did not know people still used flickr). it is frowned upon to convert bc it's how they make their money. my logic is, if your item was created for SL. the sims 4 person is not your customer bc the sims 4 person does not usually play second life. you aren't losing revenue in that regard. if you're copybotting the mesh to upload to the marketplace and sell? that's no good. but this is a pirate site so what are morals lol.

Reactions: Honeycrust

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Not really. I didn't really know that people were doing SL to Sims 3 but I assume they either respected the creators wishes or got caught saying that they owned the hairs they converted before getting in trouble and trying to wipe the evidence. I can't really speak on what SL creators allow or don't since there are like...thousands of them.

Buuut, I would like to assume they don't mind as long as we're not playing Simpliciaty, LYNX or Vlittler passing off what we didn't make as our own on top of charging people a monthly fee to access them. Which is absolutely stupid in the first place since a creator can and will recognize something they created no matter how much they try to edit and change whats stolen.

In fact, Plastic Simz let me know to warn people to be careful if they choose to play the scummy 'creator' game since SL creators can possibly pursue legal action.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3137218

Not really. I didn't really know that people were doing SL to Sims 3 but I assume they either respected the creators wishes or got caught saying that they owned the hairs they converted before getting in trouble and trying to wipe the evidence. I can't really speak on what SL creators allow or don't since there are like...thousands of them.

Buuut, I would like to assume they don't mind as long as we're not playing Simpliciaty, LYNX or Vlittler passing off what we didn't make as our own on top of charging people a monthly fee to access them. Which is absolutely stupid in the first place since a creator can and will recognize something they created.

In fact, Plastic Simz let me know to warn people to be careful if they choose to play the scummy 'creator' game since SL creators can possibly pursue legal action.
i am waiting for the leosims class action lawsuit lol. i have no idea how leo has gone under the radar for so long and she's BLATANT with it. i recognize almost everything she does from big decor creators (loft & aria, fancy decor, whatnext)

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
i am waiting for the leosims class action lawsuit lol. i have no idea how leo has gone under the radar for so long and she's BLATANT with it. i recognize almost everything she does from big decor creators (loft & aria, fancy decor, whatnext)
Most all of them are insanely blatant with their rips, it's unbelievable that people actually pay for this lazy, half-assed garbage.
d.png 28cbf448002ab302fe6856c87c96b81a71d5fa61.jpg 9tlqhirc.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3137218

i always wondered how lynx put out so much stuff so quickly. wow.

honestly at this point, SL creators should just leak the copiers' stuff. if it's out for free, no money to be made on the sims side

StHunters

Jan 18, 2021
Thk you so much!!You wondefulL!!You make my game(personal) so beautyfull!!Thanks you both!HHHeaven kiss- ksmdrs hug!

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
That lynx game over bodysuit was requested by me i gave lynx the textures its not stolen :LOL:
Oh wow, alright xD

I'll give them a pass for that but I'm still convinced that they're still doing some pretty shady business lol

Status
Not open for further replies.