Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3137218

i'll drop the link for the sandbox i use -
this one doesn't allow weapons so you won't get blasted into the air or bothered. this map is usually quiet too so you can be left alone

if the map is crowded, rez it as an attachment so you don't lose the item. most will come back to you (in your lost and found folder) but i've had issues with inventory where it doesn't.

you can also try going on an open sim map but i haven't done that in years

StHunters

Jan 18, 2021
Exllent answer HHHeaven! For example, I am deprived of the talent to create in 3D space, so I can only use the creations of other creators. I am not trying to sell or impose anything, I just play for my own pleasure. And if someone likes something from what I get, I just give it away, for free ...

D

Deleted member 3137218

By the way, about ethics and morality - I came across this in the store. Just a few days ago I saw this hairstyle at Brandy Sims folder(or Kiko - not sure,delete anyway ,in game looks like shitt)
5 or so years of them selling stolen shit on patreon and it always looks like shit in game. this is why their stuff ends up leaked. lmao. people know it's not worth the cost.

hereforthecc

Nov 18, 2020
Anyone wants to add me on secondlife to help me out? I'm on the verge of pulling my hair out. I took a job and didn't receive shit. Also the people on secondlife are embarrassing, fucking weebs and furrys greeting each other with ''konicchiwa''

My username is: poopoo3000
Mind, I look like a lesbian out of 2010. my outfit is horrendous.

rouxinola

Jan 10, 2021
Of course it's possible for people to take inspiration from SL creations and make their own spin on it and I have seen that before. You can tell that the creators owns it by the unique signature/creation style/spin they put on everything they create! Some even create for both SL & Sims (i.e. NitroPanic).

But, I really have a hard time believing that both Vittler & Lynx creating the exact same dress, with the exact same textures was just plain inspiration. Even if it isn't from SL, it's still a ready made mesh that neither of them made and are profiting off of.

Also, I would say that we aren't angels ourselves because we're porting meshes from SL to use in the Sims but none of us here are claiming them as our own creations and selling them for profit.
take inspiration but give credit. it costs nothing to do so. all good artists do so. most of these "i sell SL on patreon" people are not "taking inspiration" but straight up stealing and reselling stolen content.

most of these conversion people do not like giving credit bc a) they're narcissists who need the ego boost of being seen as a god bc they can use blender (huge issue within sims 4 custom content community) and b) it "reveals their source". you may think i'm being harsh but these people view everyone as competition instead of community which is why they steal and copy with zero regard.
what I meant was that maybe they had taken the same idea of a real outfit and not from a creator of secondlife, I based my referring placement that no one sent a photo of the referring SL (I haven't seen at least, maybe someone has sent and im blind? actually no it matters, I talked about using inspiration from a real outfit and not from SL) like the comparation they did with stealthic (original creator) x simpliciaty, you know? a comparison image, only has a photo of lynx and vittler but no reference to the SL on this dress.

yes and i'm not saying that we are doing as much bad as they do, just that what we are doing in theory would not be "legal" as much as we are making publicly available and giving credits but we are using a ilegal program to rip protected content by copyrights, maybe that could get us into trouble later? this is my fear, because when and if the creators get information that links to the forum and this subject, maybe they don't want to know if we are giving credit or not, this is what I meant, I am not criticizing what we are doing here, just saying that maybe we will sink in the same boat and that this is everyone's fear, I believe.

I converted some IMVU hair and gave credits, my tumblr was never dropped, maybe because of my correct attitude (??) I don't know, maybe because I didn't get to the original creators? perhaps because I did not use patreon (at the time there was no such thing as patreon sims etc) giving credit is, without any question, an essential and mandatory thing, the least we can do.

StHunters

Jan 18, 2021
what I meant was that maybe they had taken the same idea of a real outfit and not from a creator of secondlife, I based my referring placement that no one sent a photo of the referring SL (I haven't seen at least, maybe someone has sent and im blind? actually no it matters, I talked about using inspiration from a real outfit and not from SL) like the comparation they did with stealthic (original creator) x simpliciaty, you know? a comparison image, only has a photo of lynx and vittler but no reference to the SL on this dress.

yes and i'm not saying that we are doing as much bad as they do, just that what we are doing in theory would not be "legal" as much as we are making publicly available and giving credits but we are using a ilegal program to rip protected content by copyrights, maybe that could get us into trouble later? this is my fear, because when and if the creators get information that links to the forum and this subject, maybe they don't want to know if we are giving credit or not, this is what I meant, I am not criticizing what we are doing here, just saying that maybe we will sink in the same boat and that this is everyone's fear, I believe.

I converted some IMVU hair and gave credits, my tumblr was never dropped, maybe because of my correct attitude (??) I don't know, maybe because I didn't get to the original creators? perhaps because I did not use patreon (at the time there was no such thing as patreon sims etc) giving credit is, without any question, an essential and mandatory thing, the least we can do.
Why should we be afraid? We DO NOT SELL any of their creations - we do not extract any monetary benefit. By the way, I carefully read them TOU - cases of free and personal conversion are not included there. So play with pleasure - convert - but do not try to sell your creations for exclusive access on Patreon!And btw ppl spend money too for get staff for converions!Peace and love!

D

Deleted member 909046

Yes but for example plazasims and astya meshes are all exported from other games and they are locked in patreon and there are thousands of conversions from other games both in sl and the sims shouldnt this be illegal? why are they not in trouble?

StHunters

Jan 18, 2021
And by the way, well, Stealthic wrote a big post on the theft of her meshes from SL simplicati, and what? Where is the court and the loud process? Monetary punishment and judicial penalties? I will not say anything about the rest. Nobody wakes up to wring their nerves for a dollar.Only cryposts in internet- the services of a lawyer pay off as part of the plane and no one will initiate any claims for the drawn pixels.

D

Deleted member 3137218

this is a pirate site and you're worried about legalities?
you can always give credit if that helps your feelings. but just be decent and don't sell. if that's not enough, don't redistrubute.
simple as that.

rouxinola

Jan 10, 2021
ok, too intimidating for simple placement, OKURRR I will not continue this, you understand the way you want and I am not here to keep trying to make you understand that I am not wanting anything besides expressing my concern if it causes the forum to collapse, this is it, NO MOREEE, I'm here for the same reason as you, knowledge and sharing... SOOOO

even this is my progress, it’s horrible, but I thought about starting with something short so I don’t have to worry so much about rigging the hair >b<

AND I DONT KNOW WHYYYY but my transparency in blender dont work T_T (2nd image)

Screen Shot 01-21-21 at 02.13 AM.PNG

Screen Shot 01-21-21 at 02.22 AM.PNG

rouxinola

Jan 10, 2021
And by the way, well, Stealthic wrote a big post on the theft of her meshes from SL simplicati, and what? Where is the court and the loud process? Monetary punishment and judicial penalties? I will not say anything about the rest. Nobody wakes up to wring their nerves for a dollar.Only cryposts in internet- the services of a lawyer pay off as part of the plane and no one will initiate any claims for the drawn pixels.

I could say that he gave an alternative to simpliciaty of removing patreon's hair, so he didn't continue the threat? maybe!? idk

but actually, if i was stealthic, i think i would be too lazy to file a lawsuit, to take years and consume my psychological kkkkkkk

43880420_548190542308594_5722185310712889344_n.jpg

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
Can I put the clay part in this area? will conflict with hats?

View attachment 995544
It'll conflict with most of EA's hats but other custom content might be a different story. I did it the way I did because I want the hair textures to remain as clear as possible. But! You can try to fit it all in the Hair box however it's okay to go outside the lines sometimes. EA's CAS texture maps are so stupidly constrictive.

Reactions: Honeycrust

rouxinola

Jan 10, 2021
Yes but for example plazasims and astya meshes are all exported from other games and they are locked in patreon and there are thousands of conversions from other games both in sl and the sims shouldnt this be illegal? why are they not in trouble?
I really dont know about this creators, plazasims i think i've heard of it, anyway, they shouldn't convert things from mimimi games like SL and IMVU, discontinued games like skyrim etc, i've seen many of content on The Sims 4, i've never heard that it could generate a problem, maybe all this racket is just for games that generate some kind of exchange, sales and spending of real money, I don’t know, anyway I’ve never really seen any creator being sued, regardless of the game in question from where the content was taken ... maybe the creators of SL are just a flash in the pan? anyway i don't know if i would risk being silly to share the content behind paywalls

rouxinola

Jan 10, 2021
It'll conflict with most of EA's hats but other custom content might be a different story. I did it the way I did because I want the hair textures to remain as clear as possible. But! You can try to fit it all in the Hair box however it's okay to go outside the lines sometimes. EA's CAS texture maps are so stupidly constrictive.
I hate uv map sims 4 cause we dont have too much choices, I miss sims 2 with the possibilities about make a uv map texture per any uv island LOL

I will try to fit the clay area into a place that not cover any other cc T_T thank youuuu

Cove Holden

Mar 6, 2018
ok, too intimidating for simple placement, OKURRR I will not continue this, you understand the way you want and I am not here to keep trying to make you understand that I am not wanting anything besides expressing my concern if it causes the forum to collapse, this is it, NO MOREEE, I'm here for the same reason as you, knowledge and sharing... SOOOO

even this is my progress, it’s horrible, but I thought about starting with something short so I don’t have to worry so much about rigging the hair >b<

AND I DONT KNOW WHYYYY but my transparency in blender dont work T_T (2nd image)
It's okay to express your concerns and sorry if we come off as rude, I don't mean to at least. We're just letting you know that there's nothing to worry about as far as getting into any kind of trouble. If you still feel uneasy, you don't have to push yourself to do anything that you don't want to.

If it makes you feel better; a creator, Cospaysimmer, got into trouble (Patreon was taken down) for converting outfits (form what I'm assuming were triple A games) for copyrighted characters so we'd be more likely to get in trouble for that than this.

Anyway, transparency with older versions of Blender is really odd imo, rest assured that it won't display that way in game as long as you follow my tutorial. If you want to make render, I really recommend using Blender 2.8x or 2.9x since it handles it a lot better.

Reactions: Honeycrust
D

Deleted member 3137218

If it makes you feel better; a creator, Cospaysimmer, got into trouble (Patreon was taken down) for converting outfits (form what I'm assuming were triple A games) for copyrighted characters so we'd be more likely to get in trouble for that than this.
oh wow so that's what happened to them?! damn disney doesn't play i guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.