Collection Mod Others Sims 4 Conversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

H00TZYS

Aug 25, 2018
Yall are gonna make me throw out all the ye ye ass haircuts in my game after this! This thread is GOAT :love:

Pro tip: Try copy and paste an EA normal map with straight hair texture on it (or experiment with your own texture) apparently the Glass shader was updated to react with bump maps and emissive maps

I found out about this when I pasted the wrong bump map to remove the shader shine and saw weird lines on the hair. Years ago alpha hair was flat cause the shader wont work with normal mapping

Now they work as well like the Simskin shader!

Thank you isnt enough for the time and tutorials you guys put together for this thread. Stay safe and take care

XOXO

Casty38

Dec 22, 2020
Thank you for clarifying, guys! I'm a total zero in SL and I'm mega-grateful to you for being here (no mention sharing knowledge and conversions - hugs to everyone who shared :love: )
There's one other question that's been bothering me...when I download the grids from SL, doesn't my nickname or any other info about me show up anywhere? It's like no one will know afterwards who downloaded it?

hereforthecc

Nov 18, 2020
SL is too much for my shitty laptop.
Can someone just give me the .dae file of the pc and I will do the conversion myself.

Madliesa

Jan 13, 2021
okay so I've made it to putting the hair on the Ref file but I am left with a gap at the side.
I can't wrap my heart around how I can get rid of it. Is there a way to 'push' it closer to the base?
Can anyone help?
Schermafbeelding 2021-01-21 om 20.28.31.png

rouxinola

Jan 10, 2021
okay so I've made it to putting the hair on the Ref file but I am left with a gap at the side.
I can't wrap my heart around how I can get rid of it. Is there a way to 'push' it closer to the base?
Can anyone help?
View attachment 996307
g = move
s = scale
r = rotate

mouse scroll =resize the halo influence area proportional editing

hope this video that I recorded helps you (if the video not showing yet, is because is beying processed)

Madliesa

Jan 13, 2021
g = move
s = scale
r = rotate

mouse scroll =resize the halo influence area proportional editing

hope this video that I recorded helps you (if the video not showing yet, is because is beying processed)

Thanks a bunch! I finally got to the correct menu (I think) but it's still moving the entire hair instead of the desired section :/

Madliesa

Jan 13, 2021
Okay as much as I'd love to learn this, I think this is beyond my capabilities to grasp.
I'd hoped to be able to convert more mens hair & some decent dreads but...yeah. Lately I'm even fucking up exporting and it's frustrating the hell out of me.

Reactions: passion4fashun420
Status
Not open for further replies.