MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
after 5 months what was that ?
We paused development until last month, we didn't promised regular updates nor anything ever, and we mentioned multiple times that the first demo was a tech demo just to get a better sense of what we should do.

Now its its own thing, since now it has a team behind and I am only doing the code for it, so you can expect proper updates from now on

FaiRTaiL

Nov 8, 2017
We paused development until last month, we didn't promised regular updates nor anything ever, and we mentioned multiple times that the first demo was a tech demo just to get a better sense of what we should do.

Now its its own thing, since now it has a team behind and I am only doing the code for it, so you can expect proper updates from now on
i didnt mean regular updates, so this one is another demo then.. good luck

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
i didnt mean regular updates, so this one is another demo then.. good luck
I would say it's more a proper start to the game's story. Oftentimes when you play a demo to a video game, it doesn't begin at the point where the full game would start. It shows you an area that has been completed and put into place for you to try out a part of the game.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I would say it's more a proper start to the game's story. Oftentimes when you play a demo to a video game, it doesn't begin at the point where the full game would start. It shows you an area that has been completed and put into place for you to try out a part of the game.
Story wise I agree, in media res, but tbh we found out too difficult to explain why everyone was still so shocked about everything after a year, and also didnt really worked well how we envisioned the corrupting process.

Here now things are going to change fast, since business and out of town investment will reshape the city just in few weeks,so you'll get to that point of the first demo in not so long (i.e. you already see it when the TV anchor is already changed so quickly, and people "celebrating" in the streets), but now you will go through the initial shock and the process of transformation from the beginning, at least we believe thats better

Now game development wise: The first demo had a lot of complications, required also a looot of new assets for the UI, upkeeping the code, and a long etc. and it didn't helped the story too much, since people complained, and I think rightfully, that it was a lot of grind and empty space in the game. Now it's better focused and I think everything serves a purpose, instead of wasting people's time and our time, effort and money with filler

Nymphonomicon

Jan 10, 2019
Story wise I agree, in media res, but tbh we found out too difficult to explain why everyone was still so shocked about everything after a year, and also didnt really worked well how we envisioned the corrupting process.

Here now things are going to change fast, since business and out of town investment will reshape the city just in few weeks,so you'll get to that point of the first demo in not so long (i.e. you already see it when the TV anchor is already changed so quickly), but now you will go through the initial shock and the process of transformation from the beginning, at least we believe thats better

Now game development wise: The first demo had a lot of complications, required also a looot of new assets for the UI, upkeeping the code, and a long etc. and it didn't helped the story too much, since people complained, and I think rightfully, that it was a lot of grind and empty space in the game. Now it's better focused and I think everything serves a purpose, instead of wasting people's time and our time, effort and money with filler
I like the progress so far and look forward to how the story will grow.
But, if I may make a suggestion, I'd like to see more- a lot more- choice options for the player. The spaces between them can drag, so you should engage the player more. An example of a scene I feel could use one is the grocery store where Magda is shocked to find people having sex. When the cop asks if she wants to join in, the player could be prompted to have Magda think it over for a moment before she refuses or just flatout refuse like she already does.

Reactions: MaraTDuoDev

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I like the progress so far and look forward to how the story will grow.
But, if I may make a suggestion, I'd like to see more- a lot more- choice options for the player. The spaces between them can drag, so you should engage the player more. An example of a scene I feel could use one is the grocery store where Magda is shocked to find people having sex. When the cop asks if she wants to join in, the player could be prompted to have Magda think it over for a moment before she refuses or just flatout refuse like she already does.
Right, well I am not the writer so, this feedback is helpful to give it to him and discuss more about it.

edit: Thinking about it IIRC I think it even had less choices before and I speaked to the writter to add more lol, we'll talk and plan changes like this for future updates and changes

PinaColata

Nov 16, 2017
just a question how come my game ends before i get to even do anything or even see some of the scenes that are in the gallery like the maid outfit the the stripper one

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
just a question how come my game ends before i get to even do anything or even see some of the scenes that are in the gallery like the maid outfit the the stripper one
The first demo was to get the concept, mechanics, story and other stuff out. After the feedback we received, and pausing the project due to its costs and time we were investing in it, we redid it, starting the story on other point (earlier in time), you'll get there soon though (as in in the next few updates), but in the current one they are no present

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
In other words for everyone: Think of this demo as a new thing, is the same story and characters than the first one, but its not a continuation. We will continue the story from this new point

ILCjr

Dec 27, 2018
Yep, just as I thought, I still want to beat the shit out of Joshua... It is a good restart, artwork is done well, needs to be proof read a little more. I look forward to the next update.

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Game has unavoidable NTR?
Depends of the character, there will be different routes.
The husband is probably unavoidable, you'll likely have the choice between the son or someone else/others in the future tho

We discussed about a "more pure" route but to be honest, it is very likely we wont go since its a lot of extra work and we are already in a shoestring budget

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
Fool me once this is the same way the Dev for the Decent reeled me in, just call the game what it is a slut trainer (
Sinful Valley is a game about a female protagonist and her household's economical struggle while trying to keep normalcy during changing times. Will she be able to keep her peaceful life as it was? Will she change with the city? Will she eventually throw her past away and find a new and exciting life?
That will be up to you!) Choices dont matter

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I am in for slow build ups and stuff, but there is so much text and it is a bit annoying to understand what is thinking and who does it - maybe some classic italic and added names might help .. and not just normal text without names. I skipped some text, just because it is so much ... maybe I missed something, but there were several times where it felt like rambling or that it is just filler text. I bet you can cut half of the text and still have the same information and story in the game. And the worst part - there is no pay off for all that reading. The 2-3 pics are just a glimps of lewd content. There is not a real scene in this 0.2 version.

And I am not a big fan of multiple protagonists .. maybe the tag should be added. As far as I can estimate, we play the whole family?

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
Fool me once this is the same way the Dev for the Decent reeled me in, just call the game what it is a slut trainer (
Sinful Valley is a game about a female protagonist and her household's economical struggle while trying to keep normalcy during changing times. Will she be able to keep her peaceful life as it was? Will she change with the city? Will she eventually throw her past away and find a new and exciting life?
That will be up to you!) Choices dont matter
Then don't play it if you dont like the themes on it, no one is forcing any of you to do so, and I am not obligated to make a game specifically catered to you unless you gonna produce it in its entirety, which I doubt you would

MaraTDuoDev

Game Developer
Dec 4, 2016
I am in for slow build ups and stuff, but there is so much text and it is a bit annoying to understand what is thinking and who does it - maybe some classic italic and added names might help .. and not just normal text without names. I skipped some text, just because it is so much ... maybe I missed something, but there were several times where it felt like rambling or that it is just filler text. I bet you can cut half of the text and still have the same information and story in the game. And the worst part - there is no pay off for all that reading. The 2-3 pics are just a glimps of lewd content. There is not a real scene in this 0.2 version.

And I am not a big fan of multiple protagonists .. maybe the tag should be added. As far as I can estimate, we play the whole family?
Yes, we just have been receiving that feedback, we will change that and make it clearer

edit: Ups forgot to answer, you play everyone but the husband, he is not a protagonist. And yes I will add the tag

Last edited:

TheImage

Professional Bystander
Staff member
Community Liaison
Donor
Aug 14, 2016
No fighting and stay on topic. You have been warned.

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes