RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
If Frank didn't at least let the lawyer know what he saw, then he was an idiot; your lawyer can't protect you if he doesn't know what's going on. Unless your attorney has a record of claiming he couldn't give you effective council because you told him you were guilty, so he couldn't put you on the stand. (There was a story in the US TV show from the 1980s or 1990s, Picket Fences). Anyway, as someone noted, it may have been alluded to (or come out somehow) in such a way that the judge might not be able to take absolute official notice, but may still have factored it into things.

We also don't know just how long the divorce took (as best I can recall). Not sure just how long Lilly and Abby have been over 18. If things started before, and there was a chance Shannon might have had gotten custody of Abby, even just for a short while, then trying to make things as calm as possible might actually have been warranted. Weird things can happen....

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
shannon would have needed some serious shit on frank to gain custody of abby since she's not related to her any ways.

Reactions: rudy007

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
shannon would have needed some serious shit on frank to gain custody of abby since she's not related to her any ways.
Even those of us who don't find Frank's mental progress frustrating would admit that he's likely to err on the side of caution. Shannon has acted as her mother for over a decade. Even assuming she never adopted Abby, Shannon could (and probably did) make up some lies that might make leaving her in Frank's care seem like a bad idea.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Custody? They are all definitely over 18 so there is no custody to speak of. LOL
Certainly true today. As I noted in my post above, I'm not sure how long the divorce dragged on, and how close to 18 Abby was when it started (she may have been over 18 when it started, in which case it would have been moot all along). Odds are against there being a significant period where she could have inadvertently wound up under Shannon's care, but even a month or two would have been something I would have wanted to avoid.

Estuana

Nov 14, 2020
Assuming the game is set in Canada due to the fact Abby can drink legally, custody would not have been a part of the divorce. Easy cases can be resolved in a month, although the average time for a divorce to be finalized is between 4-6 months, and the cases that drag on longer are generally due to the cast actually going to court. Since all we saw is the resolution, which was just meeting with a judge in her office, this case was not brought to court.
When you file for divorce you must state the reason at that time, so Frank bringing it up in the settlement meeting would be useless as the judge already has that information.

tresson

Sep 17, 2017
I'm not sure what strategy has Shannon's lawyer suggested; hear the judge out and then bring your A game in crying? She was guilty... She was too passive in the beginning. Her lawyer didn't prepare her at all. And that lawyer is famous for being no bullshit one. All in all, bad.
But I was laughing after MC thought "and that's where I get screwed..."
Your assuming she followed her lawyer's advice.

Reactions: rudy007
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes