Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
She has the right to appeal against the decision. The judge told her she can but wouldn't advise it. If she can show "evidence" that supports what she said, that could be enough for the appeal to work.
This will of course always depend on where the novel actually plays out because laws differ by country and often even by subnational division. But generally speaking: the chances of appeals succeeding have been severely overstated by popular media, mostly because it makes for a good story (you lose unfairly but then can make everything right). Generally judges hate going against their colleagues if they can avoid it. So new evidence better be pretty damn strong so it must be overturned because the new trial usually doesn't start with an empty slate but with the scales heavily biased towards whoever won the previous trial.

Then again, this (Single Again) is an example of popular media itself, so it can ignore all that and go whatever way the storyteller pleases even if it would never turn out that way in the real world.

Reactions: UncleFredo

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
She has the right to appeal against the decision. The judge told her she can but wouldn't advise it. If she can show "evidence" that supports what she said, that could be enough for the appeal to work.
Not a chance unless the girls recant their former sworn testimony. Which they won't. Her appeal will be held before the original judge. Shannon committed perjury. The judge didn't push it but is aware of it.

So unless one of the girls stands up and says that (for whatever reason) she lied, it isn't going to happen. Realistically all three would probably have to recant.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
But, as I also mentioned in my previous theory post, it's also likely that CNG didn't think things 100% through timeline-wise when writing the character bios.
I'd say it's more likely to be a possible mistake than Chekhov's pregnancy timing.
I was on the fence about that too until I noticed how exact the timing was, plus Abbys lampshading about how that scene seemed there to say that Frank and Shannon had a lot of sex on that particular weekend (and I guess a flash of Shannons butt), with 'Jess and I weren't that close at that point' seeming to be a minor digression.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
I was of the mind shannon was daddy's girl and it was quite possible she was doing him and pinned the pregnancy on trevor, my guess is mom found out dad was diddling her daughter so she was sent to aunts, it would have been too early to know she was preggo from MC.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
So I just had a thought, about Becca masterminding everything - She could've potentially been the impetus for Trevor and Shannon getting back together, and even the MC walking in on it. I have to wonder if she would have gone that far, and, what the MC might do when/if he finds out, assuming she did.

I certainly think she's capable of it.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
I was of the mind shannon was daddy's girl and it was quite possible she was doing him and pinned the pregnancy on trevor, my guess is mom found out dad was diddling her daughter so she was sent to aunts, it would have been too early to know she was preggo from MC.
I mean it would be something, but I don't think that's it

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
This will of course always depend on where the novel actually plays out because laws differ by country and often even by subnational division. But generally speaking: the chances of appeals succeeding have been severely overstated by popular media, mostly because it makes for a good story (you lose unfairly but then can make everything right). Generally judges hate going against their colleagues if they can avoid it. So new evidence better be pretty damn strong so it must be overturned because the new trial usually doesn't start with an empty slate but with the scales heavily biased towards whoever won the previous trial.

Then again, this (Single Again) is an example of popular media itself, so it can ignore all that and go whatever way the storyteller pleases even if it would never turn out that way in the real world.
If you go by Blacks Law which has almost universal standing. Unless you speak of Sharia states. False in one thing, False in everything. meaning if your testimony is deliberately untrue in one point then the entire testimony is tainted and must be disregarded.

tsunku

Engaged Member
Nov 6, 2017
Nope, chapter 2 has been integrated into chapter 1 - which now isn't really "chapter 1" anymore but the whole game. You can safely delete the other save folder.

Edit: damn, ninja'd by stahalle.
whew! i almost deleted the new update thinking it was just bugfixes haha, glad i didn't. thanks!

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
Soooo wtf happened to Abby's face? and why was it changed when she was perfect?
TLDR Daz software update. The old version being used did not support new assets and had limited choices (like clothing) so it was updated to the latest. The latest version broke some non-stock models like Abby. There is a discussion on the Discord with suggestions being made to improve the new models. We will have to wait to see if things change, but going back to the previous version of Daz is not an option.

Reactions: Jehuty206

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
If you go by Blacks Law which has almost universal standing. Unless you speak of Sharia states. False in one thing, False in everything. meaning if your testimony is deliberately untrue in one point then the entire testimony is tainted and must be disregarded.
Not an expert on this but strongly with the universality, claiming that "many jurisdictions have abandoned the principle as a formal rule".

However, even with this, the disregard of one statement would - in a real court, as we established anything can happen in fiction like here - not automatically overturn a judgment. Again, depending on where you are.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
So I just had a thought, about Becca masterminding everything - She could've potentially been the impetus for Trevor and Shannon getting back together, and even the MC walking in on it. I have to wonder if she would have gone that far, and, what the MC might do when/if he finds out, assuming she did.

I certainly think she's capable of it.
not out of question but doubt we will find out if she did.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
someone has saves please ? from the last version because Idk why my saves are gone... thanks
If by the last version you mean 1.14, those saves were in a different program and cannot be integrated into 1.15. You need to continue a 1.13 save.

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Not an expert on this but strongly with the universality, claiming that "many jurisdictions have abandoned the principle as a formal rule".

However, even with this, the disregard of one statement would - in a real court, as we established anything can happen in fiction like here - not automatically overturn a judgment. Again, depending on where you are.
Also - Keep in mind that the original ruling can only be overturned if new evidence is delivered for any wrongdoings PRIOR to the ruling. Anything that happened AFTER the ruling will not be taken into account. So - Anything that Frank or the girls or anyone does after the date the ruling is made, simply has no effect on the original ruling and cannot be taken into account. That ruling (and the divorce) can only be overruled if Frank or any of the girls (or any other one involved) can be proven without any doubt to have lied to, or hide something from, the judge.

As that is not the case the ruling is final and cannot be overrun. Shannon cannot re-open the case without very strong evidence (assumptions and rumors is not enough, she needs hard undeniable evidence), and a new case on the same premises is not possible once a ruling is made. Later behavior is no evidence that can be used in a old case.

Last edited:
Reactions: yltohawk

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
SO.... even if shannon finds out about this winfall ( and his new lawyer will do his best not to advertise the fact, if she does he will move to block her till his generous retainer is used up) he is protected because even though the rich mother died before the divorce the fact the lawyer didn't inform him until the judges gavel came down puts MC above reproach (financially anyway)

g6107419

Nov 25, 2018
If by the last version you mean 1.14, those saves were in a different program and cannot be integrated into 1.15. You need to continue a 1.13 save.
Do you have such a save you could share? I'm sitting from 1.14 and obviously these saves are useless now sadly

Rjlonewolf

Feb 15, 2022
SO.... even if shannon finds out about this winfall ( and his new lawyer will do his best not to advertise the fact, if she does he will move to block her till his generous retainer is used up) he is protected because even though the rich mother died before the divorce the fact the lawyer didn't inform him until the judges gavel came down puts MC above reproach (financially anyway)

I have seen a lot of concern as to if Shannon could attempt to request claim on the new property which MC and Abby have acquired. While most of the comments about being notified after the judgement are somewhat true, the biggest reason why even if Shannon did file a motion to claim that MC did have said property as an asset prior to the judgement, the fact that it was not signed for by the MC and Abby until after is the real reason. The property did not officially become theirs until signature AND filing for title exchange (which the lawyer would be filing next). This is what the lawyer meant by stating he waited until judgement before contacting MC and Abby. And to be clear, the process that Shannon would be filing would be a Motion to Set Aside Judgement and not an appeal. If done correctly, she would include in the declaration that MC had as an asset and was aware of said asset at time of judgement and refused to include. The motion would be easy to file and it would be during the response phase that MC lawyer would file motion to dismiss and they would prove that ownership didn't occur until after judgement and the motion to set aside would most likely be dismissed. As for Shannon discovering of the sexual relationships, she has already signed judgement during a recorded session with the judge where she accepted the judgement after being informed the judge would take Shannon's claim seriously and would allow for an investigation. Even though she did not admit to providing a false claim, accepting the judgement without allowing the investigation would make it difficult for her to get any investigation afterwards. As the story update recently did verify that the country the story takes place in is in fact Canada, which does not recognize any relationship other than blood related as incest, and allows for the legal relationship between consenting adults, there is no legal issues here.

Oct 29, 2017
Small typo on line 2034 of script 1.15.rpy: Frank should be [Frank], so that name changes are respected. Typo exists in both the mod and the base game.

Same typo on lines 2045, 3103, 3202, and 3292.

Line 6115: "You're our old man"

Reactions: Piso Mojado
3.90 star(s) 199 Votes