scottstone7

May 28, 2019
While I agree that I'd like Frank to be her actual dad, for my own preferences, it wouldn't be a surprise that Shannon simply slept around a bunch and doesn't even know who Becca's bio-dad is.
Could just as easily be a random guy that she had a one night stand with, met him at a party, doesn't know his name, never looked for him, etc. Shannon is a heartless bitch, who doesn't care about anyone but herself, so any selfish action is well within the realm of probability. Including, but certainly not limited to, not even bothering to look for Becca's biological father. She treated her daughters more like possessions than family, so why would she put in the effort.

Looking forward to finding out the eventual answer, though I do share your concern depending on what it may be.
Personally, I agree with this. It’s been a while since I did a full playthrough, so correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to remember Trevor going to the same high school as Shannon and Frank. That being the case I wouldn’t put it past Shannon for having been knocked up by Trevor back in high school while she was with Frank. Would make sense on her part to get scared of telling Frank the truth and then breaking up to run off and meet up with Trevor later. She most definitely seems to have been the type and with their recent history as evidence I’d say it’s a safe bet. I’d go so far as to say it’s a pretty good fit for her character personality, given that after things end with her and Trevor, she gets upset that her high school ex hooked up with her “friend”, so she must steal him back even after her “friend” has passed. Shannon fits a very real and very sad but thankfully not super common personality type. I’m not sure if there is a clinical name for it or not, I just call it the Dysfunctional Queen B personality.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
Personally, I agree with this. It’s been a while since I did a full playthrough, so correct me if I’m wrong, but I seem to remember Trevor going to the same high school as Shannon and Frank. That being the case I wouldn’t put it past Shannon for having been knocked up by Trevor back in high school while she was with Frank. Would make sense on her part to get scared of telling Frank the truth and then breaking up to run off and meet up with Trevor later. She most definitely seems to have been the type and with their recent history as evidence I’d say it’s a safe bet. I’d go so far as to say it’s a pretty good fit for her character personality, given that after things end with her and Trevor, she gets upset that her high school ex hooked up with her “friend”, so she must steal him back even after her “friend” has passed. Shannon fits a very real and very sad but thankfully not super common personality type. I’m not sure if there is a clinical name for it or not, I just call it the Dysfunctional Queen B personality.
Her bio says that she met Trevor after she moved away, which is now implied to be as a result of her getting pregnant and her family wants her away from 'bad influences'

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
Shannon appears to have a variant of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD).

She basically thinks she's better than everybody else, feels entitled to anything she wants, and her envy of having what others do is strong enough for her to sadistically seek it out.
Basically she doesn't care who she hurts to get what she wants, might even enjoy if they get hurt in the process.
She thinks she deserves it, and sees other people as tools more than people; a means to an end. With how angry Shannon seems to be most of the time, it's almost as though she feels slighted for not already having everything how she wants it to be.

Makes you wonder a bit if there was a previous trauma that led to her being this way, or if she always was.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
While I agree that I'd like Frank to be her actual dad, for my own preferences, it wouldn't be a surprise that Shannon simply slept around a bunch and doesn't even know who Becca's bio-dad is.
Could just as easily be a random guy that she had a one night stand with, met him at a party, doesn't know his name, never looked for him, etc. Shannon is a heartless bitch, who doesn't care about anyone but herself, so any selfish action is well within the realm of probability. Including, but certainly not limited to, not even bothering to look for Becca's biological father. She treated her daughters more like possessions than family, so why would she put in the effort.

Looking forward to finding out the eventual answer, though I do share your concern depending on what it may be.
I'm repeating what I said elsewhere, but as much fun as the bio-dad option is, this makes much more sense than "Oh no, I got pregnant with my boyfriend. Lets run away so he'll never know and meet someone brand new and marry them so no-one will ever know I got pregnant out of wedlock, even though anyone with a brain and the wedding and birth dates could easily figure it out." (and I like Frank).

Reactions: Maviarab

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Her bio says that she met Trevor after she moved away, which is now implied to be as a result of her getting pregnant and her family wants her away from 'bad influences'
This implication doesn't really work for me either. The family moves her and then lets her get married to either a random family friend or a completely random boy she just met without seeing if the boy that got her pregnant was interested?

This is why I'm in the "probably not bio-dad" camp, 'cause if she told them she didn't know who the father was, it would make more sense to get her out of that environment and be willing to have her try to start a family without all the baggage that would obviously be surrounding her.

Reactions: Maviarab

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Makes you wonder a bit if there was a previous trauma that led to her being this way, or if she always was.
The spoilers contain information from Becca's side story, click at your own risk.

As for that, I have a hunch: I think her toxic personality is a product of her own mother's upbringing. In Becca's side story, it's mentioned that Shannon was raised strictly by her mother. Interestingly, Shannon's father is never mentioned. Now this may have the following reasons:

Shannon's father left just as Trevor did years later.
It is pure coincidence and Shannon's parents were rather old-fashioned, in the sense that the wife stays at home and the husband works and earns the money.

Since Shannon already showed a rather unpleasant personality from her first narrated appearance when Jess turned up, it is strongly likely that this “me first and after me the deluge” personality was instilled in her by her parents. It's quite conceivable that her parents taught her this and they in turn learned it from their parents.

After she was then dumped by her parents to her aunt, Becca's great-aunt, I assume to keep the embarrassment of teenage pregnancy a secret and not to protect her from bad influences, her bad qualities were then probably reinforced by her aunt.

So if we assume that at least part of her family comes from a toxic home that they continue with their own children, then I also assume that Lilly would have been the prime candidate to become the next member of this toxic cycle if she didn't have Abby and Frank. After all, let's face it, yes, Frank is rather passive and they haven't had a good relationship for a long time, but Frank would have raised hell for Lilly too if Shannon had tried what happened to her.

And as for Becca's boyfriend: after the events of the side story and the circumstances that her good friend knows about Becca's plans, I'm very convinced that all the stuff about her boyfriend is made up. She just won't have admitted it yet because she didn't want to admit too much of her plan and the boyfriend will just have been a buddy who helped keep Shannon away from her. I don't think it's far-fetched since we know Shannon was extremely jealous that Abby and Frank were close and up until that point everyone but Frank thought Abby was Frank's biological daughter. So I think it's quite conceivable that if Lilly hadn't had such a bad relationship with Frank and Becca hadn't had her “boyfriend”, she would have thought her own daughters were competition all the more.

ccxvidonaferens

May 25, 2022
Given the trend for alliteration shown with the side stories so far (Lilith's Longing, Rebecca's Reckoning) how about everyone have a go at guessing the title for Abby's. On the kind of jokey side I'll go with Abigail's Anal Avalanche, and on the more serious contender side I'll go with Abigail's Awakening

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Given the trend for alliteration shown with the side stories so far (Lilith's Longing, Rebecca's Reckoning) how about everyone have a go at guessing the title for Abby's. On the kind of jokey side I'll go with Abigail's Anal Avalanche, and on the more serious contender side I'll go with Abigail's Awakening
Abigail's Angry (because you fucked her sisters :ROFLMAO: )

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Abigails Awakening feels fitting.

Dr. Mick

Nov 21, 2017
In that same vein:
For the more serious side - Abigail's Apprehension :unsure:
For the joke one - Abby's AAAaaaahh... :sneaky:

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Abby's Aberdeen Adventure.

There's no need for a serious one, you nailed it.

Reactions: ccxvidonaferens

DaFinker

Apr 24, 2024
Abigail's Angry (because you fucked her sisters :ROFLMAO: )
Abigails Awakening feels fitting.
In that same vein:
For the more serious side - Abigail's Apprehension :unsure:
For the joke one - Abby's AAAaaaahh... :sneaky:
Abby's Aberdeen Adventure.

There's no need for a serious one, you nailed it.
Abigails Alcohol Adventure.
Make it like a bad romance novel or Hallmark movie:

Abigail's Awakening

The banner can show Abby hugging Frank with longing in her eyes while he wears a Fabio wig. ;)

3.80 star(s) 207 Votes