JQuillon

Oct 10, 2023
Do we have estimated time for next update?Can someone remind me?
Nothing yet, but two months feels about right for the smaller updates, so, around end of October, maybe?

(I guess it dependsn though, as CNG is also probably working on their next game for Patreon--it would be great if both 1.24.2 could be 1.24.3 could be out by the end of the year, but apparently, the plan was to have the first release for the new game after 1.24.2, so I guess we'll have to wait and see...)

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Nothing yet, but two months feels about right for the smaller updates, so, around end of October, maybe?

(I guess it depends if CNG us also working on their next game for Patreon--it would be great if both 1.24.2 could be 1.24.3 could be out by the end of the year, but apparently, the plan was to have the first release for the new game after 1.24.2, so I guess we'll have to wait and see...)
Oh, new game? I didn't know that CNG was already planning a new game.

JQuillon

Oct 10, 2023
Oh, new game? I didn't know that CNG was already planning a new game.
It's all because of Patreon. CNG's account was suspended during the summer, and it could get banned at any time, basically. So the plan is to have another, totally incest-free (even step-cest, etc.) game on Patreon, and Single Again on SubscribeStar (like MrDots did to wrap up Dating My Daughter).

Of course, this will mean the Single Again updates will take twice as long to come out, as CNG apparently plans on alternating between both games, but that's probably the only way he can keep going at this stage, Patreon's policies being what they are.

Reactions: underoath27

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
the first chapter of the new game/prequel out already, Rebecca's Reckoning. Plus there is the Fractured Fairy Tales stuff, but I haven't played that yet.
FFT has same chars as this so same problems with patreon aka not that inside rules.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
FFT has same chars as this so same problems with patreon aka not that inside rules.
I don't really care either way, it's not canon to the main story so it's kinda low on my priority list, maybe I'll give it a go when it's finished

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
And that, at least for me, is going to be the beginning of the end. Might be just me, but i´m not willing to wait even longer for a release.
I think it CAN work, but CNG might need to find support in the form of someone who can at least help him with the new project.

Other devs also manage it to some extent, and if there are problems, then it is partly due to things that are beyond their control.

I can understand your concern, but for now we shouldn't stick our heads in the sand.

Reactions: Maxxxed69

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
i've never been a fan of dev's doing multiple projects at the same time.
i can understand having to work on the same things while your creativity kinda wants to take a other turn at some moments.
that would probably not be good things for artists.
but i've never really seen it work well, and only sometimes it in a doable state , CNG right now is barely in the doable state with his bite sized spin-off's IMO.

best way to say how i view it is with a old saying : "the hunter who chases two rabbits losses both"

Reactions: Maviarab

Koushiro

Apr 18, 2019
i've never been a fan of dev's doing multiple projects at the same time.
i can understand having to work on the same things while your creativity kinda wants to take a other turn at some moments.
that would probably not be good things for artists.
but i've never really seen it work well, and only sometimes it in a doable state , CNG right now is barely in the doable state with his bite sized spin-off's IMO.

best way to say how i view it is with a old saying : "the hunter who chases two rabbits losses both"
While your point is certainly valid, this is more of a "the hunter who chases his adopted daughter loses his income" situation. So its not like CNG has much of a choice other than work on both games or abandon the one guaranteed to eventually lose him his income, which is Single Again.

Reactions: sorco2003

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
While your point is certainly valid, this is more of a "the hunter who chases his adopted daughter loses his income" situation. So its not like CNG has much of a choice other than work on both games or abandon the one guaranteed to eventually lose him his income, which is Single Again.
well he actually does have a choice. its just stay with the stability off his current work or risk going with a new things which could be worse but also better.
personally i'd say focus on the current project while putting in a little work for the 2nd like writing so when he finishes this he can just go on to the 2nd project.(that seemed to work for caribdis)
still CNG's choice he won't be able to please everyone regardless of which one he picks

Koushiro

Apr 18, 2019
well he actually does have a choice. its just stay with the stability off his current work or risk going with a new things which could be worse but also better.
personally i'd say focus on the current project while putting in a little work for the 2nd like writing so when he finishes this he can just go on to the 2nd project.(that seemed to work for caribdis)
still CNG's choice he won't be able to please everyone regardless of which one he picks
You realize his account got taken down by Patreon because the incest right? Last time I had checked, it had been reinstated, but Patreon could take it down permanently at any time. That means over a thousand dollars a month just gone, poof. Most authors can't survive a sudden loss of that much income. It also means CNG can't just move wholesale to subscribestar because a lot of people can't use it, hence again the loss of a thousand+ dollars.

Hence making a non-incest game for patreon so that he can continue to receive the money he requires to make Single Again. It's a shitty outcome, but the other is stop Single Again completely and only focus on a Patreon-safe game. And since, I assume, a decent amount of his fans are incest fans, they may not stick around for just a non-incest game anyway.

3.80 star(s) 207 Votes