VN - Ren'Py - Single Again [v1.24.1] [Clever name games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Unexpected Error

Well, in the beginning I was able to enjoy the VN to a certain extent, but as time went on it turned out to be bad. The story has a simple but entertaining concept, but the execution could be a lot better.

The main problem is the protagonist who is constantly whining
    (which is particularly annoying during sex scenes) and apparently does not have the slightest degree of backbone and a few logic errors in the story itself. Lilith is a stupid cunt and it doesn't get any better when I am confronted with a game over screen after I gave her what she wanted. (Not going into detail here because of possible spoilers)

Also, it doesn't realy matter what I choose when I can decide things - it has not much or nearly zero impact to the story - the outcome is always beeing forced in everthing anyways. So I don't know how much sense it makes to give choices in the first place when they are fake.

All in all, i wish the protagonist would complain less, show more back bone and not allow himself to be treated like a toy all the time. He is simply a whimper and the story feels artificially drawn out.

Renders look okay, characters kinda cute (except for the mom, but that could be intended)

Final scoring: 3/5 unfapable due to constant "mimimi" could be better, but certainly worse.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Toasty_Sloth

This is may be a top tier game for me just for the characters and flow of the animations even the story is great.... slow but great. My only problem is there is a lot of dream sequences that don't need to be there or should be shorter so the story can pick up pace. I personally don't like the dream sequences that is just like movies where they throw a nude scene to get a couple extra tickets sold, but that is just my personal opinion.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

wingzero1101

V0.13
    This game is good so far I like the story and the characters.
    And as anyone else with the honesty to tell you... i had tears in my eyes from the first moment we see Lilly on the other side of that door.
    I really like Lillys story arc. Spoilers ahead. The fact the MC kept at finding out what was wrong with her, her wanting him now as her dad and the ditto line when she was leaving. Melting my heart. I like the lewd stuff but love the family part of it.
    This is one of the few "adult" game here where I have actually felt for the characters. Plot isn't stupid as it is in most of these kind of games or visual novels, and characters have depth in them and are not just mindless fuck robots.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

FutasForLife

This started off as an interesting but quickly turned into the most angsty repeating shit ever. I gave it 3 stars mainly because I enjoy the 3 step daughters a lot each of them have their specific points that you like and dislike about them really getting you invested in their stories. But the MC GOD the freaking MC. I understand the morality of the whole situation even if they aren't his biological daughters but the creator needs to know when to stop. The MC pervs out on his daughter legit every time he sees but also somehow manages to act like a virgin. The of course outta nowhere some smoking hot chick meets the MC and fucks him within minutes of knowing him. That's kind of the worst thing for me in these games where one or a few female characters are the main focus but some random sex scene is thrown in to idk give you a quick fap?

Like the daughters, the story is alright, MC is terible.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3589835

Whoa this was a huge game with lots of content and choices. This game starts off as a very very very slow burn. So if you're looking for a quick fap this is no the game for you. However, if you enjoy a compelling storyline with good character growth this is the game for you. The sex scenes are absolutely amazing and if you are patient you will be rewarded greatly later on in the game.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

das1234

v0.13
    This game is about a dude trying to be a dad for his three stepdaughters after a break up and the various drama that ensues.
    If you play this game, expect a slow buildup. There are not really any choices, but i will prefer a good story over choices any day.
    The dad gets kind of annoying repeating the same internal monologue debates over and over, but the girls to me feel the most real out of any game i have played. The drama hit me exactly where it should have.

If you like a slow burn and some emotions with your H then this version has enough content in my mind to recommend.
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Lord Soth

Played this from the start and got hooked right away, pretty much.
    The girls are all cute, even though the oversized eyes kind of freaked me out at first, but that grew on me too.

The story is definitely slow burn...I mean really slow. That can be fine if the story is gripping enough. The real problem is the MC. Every update he just moans constantly and wrings his hands, while leching over the girls. It's got real fucking tiresome...but apparently the soy boys seem to love it, god forbid you bring it up. Each update just has the same drawn out inner conflict monologue and for me, it makes it a chore now to go through. Same with all the stupid dream scenes, just...arghhh.

Thankfully the girls are distinct in their personalities. Becca is the hot scheming one without her, well nothing would happen. Lilly is feisty and passionate while Abby is loyal and loving. They all want this hand wringing daddy for some reason, fucked if I know why...most would give up by now.

3 stars for what started out great but has been dragged down by the cringy, drawn out hand wringing, sorry, but that shit is getting old and I ain't the only one saying this. Fix that and cut out the stupid dream shit, et voila...would be 5 star stuff.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Vechernyaya

The story is boring, with an insufferable protagonist and main girl.
    There is only one route, the harem, and all choices are meaningless, except for a couple of optional sex scene with secondary characters. And with this, sex scenes are forced on the player, since you are forced to the 3 main girls.
    The MC suffer from the huge cock disorder that make all sex scene ridiculous, implying that the female characters have no internal organs.
    There is a lot of cringy unskippable small animations that are really annoying.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

JJ mustang

This is a great update. Story is fun and fresh and wow the animations are outstanding for this update. You really get a feel for the personalities of all the characters. Would like to see a bit of close up in the renders as the art is exceptional. Well done.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

polycentric

(Review up to version v0.13)

This is, simply put, the most engrossing and emotionally-satisfying adult game I've ever played! The story is grounded in a way that most other game plots aren't, the characters feel 'real' and they talk to each other like normal humans.

I don't usually become this engrossed in adult games but this really tugged at my heart-strings multiple times and I can't help but want to watch the characters grow as the developer evolves the story. It's a 'slow burn', but worth it if you're a romantic at heart and you love a good story.

Rating: 6 starts out of 5 ;)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

FelixMajor

An amazing game! It's a slow burn with a lovely story that is at times quite sweet. It's a rarity in that I found myself really being taken with the story and getting a bit emotional at times. I dare say it could be rewritten without the sexy elements and still hold up as a visual novel. The kinky elements are excellent though!

The art is well done. Some may find the eyes to be a little off-putting. Personally I found that they grew on me with time. They were used to great effect as an additional level of story telling.

Do yourself the favor of relishing the slow play of this game.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Herbii

The game started out fairly well, a nice slow burn. When it comes to the incest taboo, slow burns are nice, as well as the morality struggles that the characters should have. It makes it more believable, and the payoff is better once the relationship finally starts. There can be too much of a good thing though, and this game proves it.

The internal and external resistance that the MC displays has been going on for far too long in the story... and he's not even related by blood to any of the girls. Even after finally having sex with one of them, he tries to say it will never happen again. It's just grating and annoying to play through. The MC should have went "all in" about 3 chapters ago... but it's still going.

*Spoilers Next Paragraph*

Lilith's path also took a complete 180 that was very unsatisfying. She's the "tsundere" character that the MC eventually wins over, but she jumps the MC's bone the second she gets over her hatred of him. For a game that was a slow burn, and considering the MC's resistance, it just felt rushed. We later learn that one of the things that motivated her was a "bet" with Becca, which goes to cheapen the whole event anyway.

Conclusion:

The animations are nice, and the writing quality is good, but the MC's constant resistance and the progression of some of the characters just make this annoying to play through and a bit of a disappointment compared to what it could have been.
  13. 2.00 star(s)

Genji

The game story is interesting but its real sloooooowwww.I dont know why Dev put MC as a coward sissy guy,its annoying tbh and nothing much happen(it takes hours before we finally got some sex scene) ,I feel like Dev purposely dragging the game and story after awhile and the character progress doesnt change much.Its like he put lots of filler after filler before we got some sex scene and character progress.So,if you expect this game focus on sex scene,no it doesnt because MC is pretty much coward,goody two shoes and dense just like any manga MC.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Bocho

Interesting plot, with a lot of crumb and fun. The personality of the girls has a wide range.
    The images are quite good... Very good

The only downside is that they take a long time to get into tune.
    And they take a long time to get the next update.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

theickobicko

Greg game!
    One of the few I would play even if there were no sexual scenes in. The story is very simple slice of life, but the characters and writing are great and compelling (although there are some specific Grammer mistakes that are constantly throughout the game, like too instead of to and things like that)
    The only negative I have is that new versions comes out very rarely, but maybe that's why it's better than most.

P.s. I played it on my old tablet, then I bought a new one and didn't manage to transfer the saves, so I had to play it from the start just for one new chapter, and I still enjoyed everything although I have played it before.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

vexx_

This is the first time I'm giving a game a rating and I never thought it would be because of the story, I've never been so captured by narrative, let alone something on f95 that didn't have a lot of sex scenes. Well done.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Hordragg

Fear not this night. You will not go astray.
    This is a masterpiece.

I'd say it's still undecided whether putting this off for god knows how long was pure genius or made me out to be the dumbest thing to ever grace this earth. On the one hand I got to play hours full of a touching story with engaging characters I now deeply care about, while on the other hand it was so addicting, I sacrificed all but a few hours of sleep just to experience it.

The story is believable, well thought out, and accompanied by high quality renders. And while it being a slow burn and the overall look of most of the models may not be everybody's cup of tea, I immensely enjoyed both. The lewd scenes are great, albeit sparse, but to my mind, that just keeps them exciting as well as very satisfying to reach.

Granted I'm practically stricken with the nerdy older sister type, Becca's easily making the top of that list. She's the sexy debauched Sherlock to my Aaron Adler. Her ability to empathize, her plotting, her scheming, her teasing, her looks… I love all about her! Yet anything I feel for her pales in comparison to my longing (and damn you if you can't see what I did there) to make Lilly happy. Her coming to Frank, asking him to finally be her dad was the first time an AVN brought actual tears to my eyes. So I was really surprised to have that happen to me in the side story again; on the flashbacks that made Lilly realize that Frank's always been there for her… it just felt so good, so liberating really.

Time well spent doesn't even begin to describe it. I enjoyed it so much, I may actually start a second playthrough just to experience it all over again. It's just that good.
    Review based on 0.12
  18. 5.00 star(s)

sadfuck

Version Played: 0.11

This is hands down one of my all-time favorite games. The characters are loveable, the story is interesting and the creator tries to add some originality to the models.
    The MC can drag his feet a little too much for some people's tastes, but given the situation he's in, you can understand his internal conflict. I look forward to each and every update.

Positives:
    + GREAT characters
    + FANTASTIC writing
    + Consistent updates

Negatives:
    - Theme not for everyone
    - The attempt to make the characters anime-esque(?) is not for everyone
    - Not a ton of sexual content (but what's there is good!)

I also highly recommend the side-story "Lilith's Longing."

Like this? Try!: From what I've played, it's really hard to come up with an exact match, but assuming you're into character-driven games and characters who don't solely exist to be the MC's cocksleeve and actually have interactions with one another: Harem Hotel
    Note to Devs: Thanks for a fantastic game! If I were to be greedy, it would be nice to get some content with the judge and Mei's mom (even just a nude render), though I doubt either's in the cards.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

DoOver

I'm about halfway through the walkthrough and needed to comment on a few things:
    • I appreciate the models are different shapes/sizes yet all are 'slim' and sexy in their own way. The really big eyes are almost too big in some scenes that it looks comical and not proportioned properly, but they are nice to look at too.
    • I appreciate there is NOT the cliche of one blonde, one brunette, one redhead. I realize when making a game/VN that it may be tempting to appeal to different audience preferences by including one of each hair color, but I'm glad between sisters to have the same hair color...as that makes more sense .
    • This is a visual novel. Not a grinding game with puzzles or mini-games (thank the adult VN gods!) and it's not about how quickly can I build my harem game. I'm starting to get into the story and enjoy and care about what happens to the characters.
    • This feels like a slow corruption VN, which I'm totally down for.
    I'm looking forward to finishing the rest of the current v0.12 and expect I'll be looking for more from this project.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Jaroslav

Jedno z mála děl, které je vzrušující. Sakra dobrá práce. 9/10. Mile mě to překvapilo i přes tunu skipů. Tohle se opravdu povedlo.
    One of the few works that is exciting. Damn good work. 9/10. It pleasantly surprised me despite a ton of skips. This really worked.