VN - Ren'Py - Single Again [v1.24.1] [Clever name games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Jove76

Nearly all of the more negative perceptions of this game seem rooted in the "slowness" and/or the visual style. The latter of which did not appeal to me initially either, to be fair. In my estimation, both aspects fit this perfectly - This is what would happen if Pixar made x-rated movies.
    I find the characters, writing, and visual style create a uniquely charming experience, which I thoroughly enjoy. Managing to hit notes of genuine emotion in this genre is, in itself, a fairly remarkable accomplishment.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

popabear

[v0.12]
    What it is:
    Daughter incest harem VN with a sloooow slow burn. It's sometimes good, funny and sexy and other times really really boring. There don't seem to be many choices impacting the story. I get the feeling there's plenty of illusion of choice going on. I don't know for sure because I havent played through it a second time and honestly I'm not going to, because of the enourmous amount of filler content. Just speed clicking through this game takes hours and hours.

Pros:
    + Natural dialogues. The quality of the writing is definitely above average. The author is quite good at giving the different characters a believabe "voice". It's too bad really that the subject matter is too often very dry and uninteresting.
    + Sexy scenes. Dev knows how to deliver light teasing correctly. There isn't a lot of lewd scenes, but what's there is quite good.
    + Slow burn. If you enjoy stories where the protagonists really take the time to get to know each other before playing hide the sausuage then you'll probably enjoy this one.

Cons:
    - Slow burn. And I mean really slow. Glaciers move faster than this.
    - Baby faces. It's a bit uncanny honestly.
    - Ungodly amount of filler content. I guess the dev is going for a believable slow burn but my god does it go on forever. Dinner conversations about boring stuff. Conversations about conversations you had earlier. Inner monologues. Dream scenes. It's like the dev is channeling all his considerable power into creating the absolute maximum amount of filler content. It really got on my nerves by the end. This point is the main reason I'm not giving this game a higher rating.
    - Pussy ass MC. My second major gripe. You can try to play as an asshole/assertive MC early on but the game instantly punishes these choices with game over scenes. MC is never the driver behind things happening. He is just a passive spectator. The girls are being extremely overt in their attraction to him but since he's a chronic pussy ass bitch he will always just do nothing. When a penetration scene finally happens with one of the main girls it's litterally her jumping on his cock while he goes "oh no, don't". It's kinda pathetic. His inner monologue reveals he is attracted to the girls but his outward actions are those of a grandmaster buddhist monk.
    - Horse cock. A regular big dick would have sufficed. It's just too comical that the MC is packing a baseball bat.

All in all, I could recommend this to those of you who feel a slow burn romance story is what's most important. Or if you're really into stepdaughter incest. If you're here for a fap though, forget about it. You'll have to invest multiple hours before you get any action with any of the main girls, and MC only gets to put it inside once (not counting uninteresting side character). For a game that's 3.5 gb that's a really low lewd-to-file-size-ratio.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Frim der Wel

[v 0.11]
    This is a strange one. Graphics is.. strange (characters look a bit creepy and doll like but you get used to it quickly). Writing is OK. Sex scenes are fine.

Story is neither particularly interesting nor original. In particular the evilness of the Ex is way over the top, the MC is painfully clueless some times (including weird "no, X cannot be into me, or could she?" while X is basically shaking her tits in front of MCs face), MC has the usual horse-cock and unfortunately once again all males other than the MC are basically monsters and the MC has to rescue all his harem members from them. ugh.

BUT, having said that: On the plus side the characters are kind of nice, there are many moments of sweetness and good dialogues and character interactions and traces of character development.

So in the end it turned out to be quite enjoyable.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

jmcronshaw

So full disclosure I love characters that are super capable and appear to have it all together but are just a bit insane, so I love this game and I love Rebecca who is one of the MC's "daughters". If everything else was just average I would probably still like it quite a bit because of her, but nearly all of the characters are nuanced, interesting and well written. You play Frank (you can change it) an about to be divorced guy who needs some breaks in his life and kinda starts to get them thanks in large part to his three "daughters" (they aren't blood related) The plot is good too if a bit meandering at points but it's always moving somewhere mostly due to the efforts of... you guessed it Rebecca. She would make a really interesting MC but I completely understand why Frank is. The visuals and animations are pretty good though i could see some being put off a bit by the art style. The only real negative for me is Frank, he tends to do a lot of internal moralizing and mental hand wringing that can be a bit too much at times. The only caveat i would add that this is not a game for people who want all their LIs to be submissive, demure virgins. The LIs are all unique and nuanced, some are submissive, some are shy, some are foul mouthed and sexually experienced and some are manipulative, but deep down you can tell they have affection for the MC. So i could certainly see certain players not enjoying the game but i highly recommend it for everyone else
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Paarl

The game is very good, the design of the 3 main girls of the Asian girl are very good, maybe the test images do not do them much justice
    I didn't like the "fairies" thing I think is completely out of the game's theme, also something "bad" is that they first made the sex scene to Lilith than to Rebecca, that Rebecca and even Abigail were more willing, Outside of that, the H scenes are very good, maybe he needs more H scenes with Rebecca in the pool
  6. 5.00 star(s)

taciotjota

The story is very good, great animations, charismatic characters, without doubt one of my favorites so far, great expectations, it's just taking a while, but it doesn't get in the way, you have to have the narrative first
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Kayzee12

If i'd use one word to describe this game, it'd be - "Annoying". In my time playing adult games I have come across my fair share of slow burns, but maaaaaan, This game is literally satan roasting you in the flames of hell fire.

For probably the 100th time, we have the same cliched storyline of father and his 3 daughters, except in this game, they're not his daughters ( Step-daughters,, Also who the fuck know how this idiot was married for more than 10 years and had 2 partners in this time , yet no child of his own?? is it because the author wants to keep this incest free or did the MC say.. Nn..No... I ccc..a I can't to his wives too...) this MC is the epitome of resisting temptations that the devil would literally accept defeat to him.

So, welcome to the game that will torture you with un-necessary dinner talk, painstakingly boring swimming pool games, 500 lines of text while cycling between 2 renders back & forth..then more pool time because that Asian chick didn't yet see your pool. and if thats not enough, bombard you with the same POV daughter kissing you ( camera ) animation for the 20th time in a day.

Meet Abigail, the perfect (step)daughter and loved by all, and since she's the cream de la creme of this game you probably wouldn't get to have sex with her till the end. Watch her sleep naked in your bed every night without anything remotely interesting happening.

Meet Lillith, the bratty sister.. Doesn't give a fuck and hates the MC. and since she's now managed to piss off more than half of the fanbase to the point they dont care about her , by the rules written in the holy book of cliches, She has to be the one who getd banged by the MC first. ( LOL, Becca... Fuck you ). Watch the story go for a toss as this girl who hates the MCand wants to kill the MC for sleeping naked with her sister suddenly fuck your brains out the same afternoon.... because of a stupid Bet ?? Lol.

Meet Becca, your 3rd stepdaugter..the vixen. Watch her manipulate yourself and her sisters with the plan to form your very own mini harem because .........Seriuosly... Y..Y...yo.. you, CCC aa Ca Cant!!!.. No, I mean really- you cant. Youre a fuckin sissy. Seriously, the game would be much better with her as Main Character.

So, put together in simple words....The Dev fucked up the character progression hard. I'm thinking he probably wanted to increase the audience, so he went on with Abigail's story until the point he realized he went too far.. Abigail was already sleeping naked in his bed, while Lillith still hated him and Becca had like just 3 scenes untill then..So, he kept stalling Abigail content by making her sleep naked for like atleast 10 ingame days without anything interesting happening between them( #Blueballs) and then sacrificed Lillith by having her bang the MC due to some stupid bet with Becca and covering the dirt with the most cliched excuse- Hey, you know I hated you and all but secretly I've been fantasizing about you.. ( Hell !! She wasn't even ready to hug him the previous day ).Becca on the other hand is a character that literally holds this story together but all we have with her are stupid bar & pool teasing scenes.And then one day she suddenly meets the MC and tells him her daddy fetishes and her mini harem plan.

Final Rating : Download an auto-clicker and set click interval 50m/s. Save your mouse/save your keyboard.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

nooberpwnge

Great renders. Characters have more depth and are more interesting than most games. Has kept me interested up through this point and has some unexpected turns. Lots of fun. Look forward to future updates
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Delambo

I fucking love this game, everything about it. The Hybrid drawn style, the deep characters and relationships with them, the clever dialog and well thought out plot. And those girls, I want to father and pleasure them all until end of days
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Paul Newmon

Very well done story. Each character has a distinct personality that is totally relatable. Although there is absolutely No incest, it just seems like that anyway. I also like the inclusion of a lesbian couple, of which one is bi.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3558129

I played this game the first few updates but it didn't stick for me.
    Then i got back at a later update and now its one of my favorite games on this site.
    I like the slow burn and the strugle the MC have with his thoughts, he's not just a big perv who finds it totally normal to lust after the girls around him.
    Every girl is destinctly different, and have their own personalities.
    Only girl i dont really like story or personality wise is Mei, but hey, we all have different tastes!
    This game is really worth a playtrough!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Helios82

At first I wasn't sure what to expect, another game with 3 sisters and the single dad. But as the story goes on, you get caught up in the game with very few sexual scenes and a lot of dialogue that holds together. As we go along, we see that our entourage evolves and trusts us more and more. It becomes even personally embarrassing, so immersive the story becomes. Forgetting the childish faces, we really want to go further in the father/father-in-law relationship. Adding a divorce scene adds a little spice. It allows us to meet other characters. In short, I love the story, the characters are attractive (even if Lilith remains a little bitch), the scenes are well done, the story holds the road and is quite realistic (like the dreams with the fairies naked). I don't always give a maximum note to a game, but here I love the story and it's already very long, I hope it will never stop :)
  13. 5.00 star(s)

cuteelf

I...
    :love:...
    Li'l Lil.

A rare combination of top-notch writing + great models/renders + ultra cute characters. My only complaint would be the MC lines, too many "..." and witless remarks. Its beyond me how a bunch of young girls would be in love with someone sporting a personality like this. But thats a minor issue. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute, got lucky i didnt find the game earlier so i had the pleasure of playing from start to v. 0.11 in one go... now comes the hard part of anxiously awaiting further updates....

5/5
  14. 4.00 star(s)

TheSkeptic1

*I haven't finished the game yet, will update when I do if anything changes*

The general concept of the game is awesome. I love what it's supposed to be about. Rich in its storytelling, but I do believe there is such a thing as monotony in the vain of excess.

Pros:
    Characters are cute, albeit not very realistic-looking.
    Genre(s) are highly desirable
    No bugs that I've experienced

Cons:
    Characters could really use some better renders and variation
    This is the only game I've played from recent memory where I have to manually proceed between scenes. This is annoying and the dev should make them auto-proceed when you click/hit SPACE.
    Not sure whether there's any translation to English, but things like "to/too" and "their/they're/there" and "your/you're" are really distracting.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 554794

I loved the story it took me 3 days to finish it loved every second as it feels like a roller coaster it has great animations a small problem is that the icons of the characters don't always show what the ladies face looks like but that is a very minor detail on Android even so would recommend it 24/7
  16. 5.00 star(s)

keanuxxx

Amazing Story In my opinion, yeah not alot of sex but if you play for the story the sex is just a bonus played it twice to current update just wanting more, the relaships all seems real unlike other games you can feel the pain, the joy, the love and the conficts everyone is sharing, too cant wait for more
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Exavius

One Word Review:
    Great.

Two Word Review:
    Fucking Great.

Three Word Review:
    Really Fucking Great.

It's more a story game from what I can tell, than it is a jack-off game, but it has quite a few scenes.
    The story? In all honesty, even if there were zero scenes, and this was a completely SFW game, I'd still play it, the story, and the characters are really that good.
    There are other games with decent/good stories, and characters like WVM, Rebirth, and Love of Magic.
    But this IMO trumps all of them, by a wide margin.
    The only close one is Rebirth, and that's only because I like the WoD universe, and it's based on that.
    So if you don't mind reading, and don't just want a jack-off game, 100% recommend this game.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

BartPS

I'm rating Single Again with ***** because:

1) The story is engaging and I have developed a strong emotional investment in the characters.
    2) Because of that connection, the sex, when it happens is so much more erotic.
    3) I like the slightly manga-ish look of the three main females. To me, it fits perfectly with the MC's world view. He thinks of "his girls" as characters in a (non-erotic) Japanese anime, which makes it all the more shocking to him as they mature into horny young adults.
    4) The MC's struggles with their behaviour and his own lust make him very relatable to me.
    5) While spelling mistakes are common, they are reducing, and I don't find them intrusive. I'm guessing that the dev is a native English speaker, who was educated in the 80s and 90s when literacy problems became severe throughout the English-speaking world. All devs should be appreciated and assisted with English, rather than abused and ridiculed.

For many players, some, or all, of the above points are reasons for hating, or at the very least, being frustrated with this game, and that's fine. It would be a boring community if we all agreed.

Hopefully, this outline will help you decide if you would like to download and play the game.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Socky34

This was a really fun story so far. There are a little bit of slow parts that I fast forwarded through but I did stay for a lot of it. Several times the story got me and makes me wish I was a father too (in a non-sexual way) which not a lot of VN's can do that.

I also love the fact that Becca is basically like L or Lelouch with planning stuff, which is definitely new to me and fun. I'm looking forward to more!
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Pudthumper

One of my favorite games. While the burn is sometimes painfully slow, I much prefer a conflicted protagonist over one with no compunctions. Makes for greater realism and higher satifaction when progress is made, for this perv at least. Not that there is anything wrong with a wham, bam, thank you ma'am for a quick fap. But I do enjoy a good emotional rollercoaster.