3.50 star(s) 15 Votes

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
I can promise you it doesn't. My perma-tilt is half of a millimeter at most.

You can check the severity of your tilt here. If you could send me a screenshot of what numbers your controller return that would be very helpful.

nJ3yKCl.png

This is my own controller. As you can see it's got an incredibly minor tilt on both sticks, so I've never had any issues with the controller- that of course doesn't mean others can't run into controller issues.

As for the code... I'm using Gamemaker 2 which has a built in function for setting deadzones and this function sets the deadzones for all axes.
Here's a screenshot directly from their manual:
pYld7tQ.png
My code is near identical to the example given in their manual with the key difference being that I have a line of code identifying which slot the controller is connected to with "global.gpdevice", this is what the first number in the argument is referring to, the second number is what you set the deadzone to.

SQEvw7z.png
As you can see the deadzone is set to 0.2 currently which is a change I've made after recieving your feedback, however on the version you're playing the deadzone is set to 0.1.

Hopefully that solves the issue.

Reactions: makeitso

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
this probably means the deadzones are somehow not working..I'm assuming you're getting a silent error / exception somewhere in your code if you haven't noticed it
There was actually a time when I didn't have deadzones! :HideThePain:
Briefly after I implemented controllers. People were VERY quick to let me know about that.
It's been a long while since, so it would be pretty awkward if they still don't work, with nobody saying anything for over half a year(?), except for ThatWeirdGuyWithAWeirdHat. :oops:

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019

You can check the severity of your tilt here. If you could send me a screenshot of what numbers your controller return that would be very helpful.

View attachment 2437450

This is my own controller. As you can see it's got an incredibly minor tilt on both sticks, so I've never had any issues with the controller- that of course doesn't mean others can't run into controller issues.

As for the code... I'm using Gamemaker 2 which has a built in function for setting deadzones and this function sets the deadzones for all axes.
Here's a screenshot directly from their manual:
View attachment 2437453
My code is near identical to the example given in their manual with the key difference being that I have a line of code identifying which slot the controller is connected to with "global.gpdevice", this is what the first number in the argument is referring to, the second number is what you set the deadzone to.

View attachment 2437454
As you can see the deadzone is set to 0.2 currently which is a change I've made after recieving your feedback, however on the version you're playing the deadzone is set to 0.1.

Hopefully that solves the issue.
perhaps configurable deadzones could be implemented, that could solve this issue and for anyone else who ends up with even more drift, while also letting people set more responsive control if they want to

Reactions: ElliseArt

Renaati

Aug 22, 2020
It's nice to see a game with good art and actual passion behind it. So many soulless clone games on here...

I'm looking forward to the future development. It seems like there's a lot of potential here.

With that in mind, it's sad how many people are being antagonistic with their feedback. I get the game has flaws, but it's still in development and the dev is obviously active and eager to get it fixed up. You can give useful feedback without being angry and rude. Plus, the dev is more likely to stick around and keep working on the game if you don't constantly insult them.

djaxis

Dec 11, 2017
Is there anything I need to do to get this thing to work on windows 11? Besides get rid of windows 11? Kinda crazy I'm able to run cyberpunk 2077 at high settings but this little thing gives me a generic "the app can't run on your pc, please contact the publisher" error. The exe doesn't even hit the task manager so it honestly doesn't even seem like it is actually started at all lol.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Is there anything I need to do to get this thing to work on windows 11? Besides get rid of windows 11? Kinda crazy I'm able to run cyberpunk 2077 at high settings but this little thing gives me a generic "the app can't run on your pc, please contact the publisher" error. The exe doesn't even hit the task manager so it honestly doesn't even seem like it is actually started at all lol.
Try running the .exe in compatibility mode. Right click on it and go to properties, then compatibility, and set it to run in compatibility mode for windows 10. Try compatibility mode for other windows versions if that doesn't work.

djaxis

Dec 11, 2017
Appreciate the input.... but there is no windows 10 compatibility setting. The "best" windows 11 offers is up to windows 8, and it nor any older ones work. On the plus side you actually responded. Been barking up reddit, windows forums, and other topics to pretty much no avail.

Had to recently get a new laptop and decided to at least try out windows 11 (vista really surprised me and despite the hate is still my favorite version of windows) and give it a fair chance. I've run into this issue with an absurd amount of programs.

Troubleshooting does nothing, compatibility does nothing. All I get is the same pop up window "This app can't run on your pc. To find a version for your pc, check with the software publisher." with the only button on it being a "close" button.

Part of me thinks it HAS to be some kind of a redistributable or a driver... but then it goes GTFO wonky on what is affected by it. 3d games. Unity games. Unreal games. Pixel games. It is a literal random crapshoot, with two nearly identical games running on the same engine, being split. One gives the error. One works fine.

Previous versions of this game give the same error.

• Sad

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Previous versions of this game give the same error.
Thank you for bringing it up here as this is an issue I was unaware.
I'm using Windows 10 myself, (and 7) and do not have access to a PC with Windows 11, meaning I can't test this issue out myself. (Yet anyway.)

However this link might be of some help:
(I'm aware this is in regards to running Gamemaker 2, but it should also solve running games created with the software if I'm not wrong.)

Basically, get either the 2019 or 2022 version. Unfortunately I'm not sure which one might work for running SINHER.
  • Visual Studio Community 2022 can be found .
  • Visual Studio Community 2019 can be found .
Hope this helps, and if you do manage to get it running I'd be very grateful if you let me know what worked! :)

djaxis

Dec 11, 2017
Thank you for bringing it up here as this is an issue I was unaware.
I'm using Windows 10 myself, (and 7) and do not have access to a PC with Windows 11, meaning I can't test this issue out myself. (Yet anyway.)

However this link might be of some help:
(I'm aware this is in regards to running Gamemaker 2, but it should also solve running games created with the software if I'm not wrong.)

Basically, get either the 2019 or 2022 version. Unfortunately I'm not sure which one might work for running SINHER.
  • Visual Studio Community 2022 can be found .
  • Visual Studio Community 2019 can be found .
Hope this helps, and if you do manage to get it running I'd be very grateful if you let me know what worked! :)
Super mega appreciate your official input.... but both of them (among a multitude of other hentai game needs) were among the first things I installed the first day I got this abomination. I'm in the middle of unstoppable tasks, but when I wrap up I'll download directly from your links and repair/reinstall those two and see if I can at least eliminate any file corruption on their part.

The thing that BLOWS my mind with all of this is how random it is. Like if it was JUST unreal games, easy breezy to nail down. Ditto on if it was games the obviously used non-english language packs. But even through steam with completely legit legally purchased games that other people have no issues running on near identical windows 11 machines... BLERP! App can't run error window.

Drivers are updated, operating system is updated, enough horsepower for games like cyberpunk 2077 is present. There is literally zero rhyme or reason. Not even age is a factor. Some of the programs I'm able to just double click and run no muss no fuss are from over a DECADE ago.

Push comes to shove I am VERY close to just saying fuckit and screw advanced raytracing and etc and going back to windows 10. At this stage i should be able to find a legal copy cheap vs having to pirate it even. Even if i do that, I'll make sure to have some kind of either secondary or virtual install of 11 to help where and when i can on trying to properly troubleshoot this.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
Sinher-0.31a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

djaxis

Dec 11, 2017
Howdy. Sorry it has taken me 11 billion years to get back to you, but finally tried those redistros, and still nothing, at least for the second to newest version. Did you do anything different with the current version? Cause .31a works fine out of the gate.

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Howdy. Sorry it has taken me 11 billion years to get back to you, but finally tried those redistros, and still nothing, at least for the second to newest version. Did you do anything different with the current version? Cause .31a works fine out of the gate.
Very strange! I've not done anything different with the current version except for the changes listed in the devlog, but it's nothing that should have changed how it runs.
At this point my only guess would be that maybe the first file became corrputed somehow.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Guys how the fuck do I give gifts? I can go into the inventory and press "Use" while next to elise and all the items can be used in that instance, but the relationship stays at 0.
Nice new slime charm anim btw, keep it up

• Red Heart

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
Guys how the fuck do I give gifts? I can go into the inventory and press "Use" while next to elise and all the items can be used in that instance, but the relationship stays at 0.
Nice new slime charm anim btw, keep it up
Thank you.
Try only giving Lise the book items, the other items keep her relationship unchanged or decrease it. The plan is to add more NPC's to befriend, who have different gift preferences. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

djaxis

Dec 11, 2017
That's what I thought, corruption lol, but then I scrounged up a couple of different links to the older version(s) and nope, none of them from anywhere except this latest version works.

Really blows my mind how incomprehensible the failings of windows 11 is.

• Sad

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Thank you.
Try only giving Lise the book items, the other items keep her relationship unchanged or decrease it. The plan is to add more NPC's to befriend, who have different gift preferences. :)
OH MY GOD I FIGURED IT OUT
so you need to talk to her (E) right after you give her the gift, otherwise it has no effect whatsoever...you should probably mention that somewhere or change it, man XD

ElliseArt

Game Developer
Sep 3, 2021
so i got a problem my attack key is bounded and idk how to change it

To change the key you must enter 'Controls' in the start menu, (controls can't be changed when in game, only viewed). Please let me know if you're still having the problem. :)

3.50 star(s) 15 Votes