mk40

Jul 23, 2018
not sure what the purpose would be now but it had some interesting concepts.
It's like a retrospective about what he did back then. He is probably using this as inspiration for his next game, since it has a bigger scope in term of content apparently.

*from my understanding, take this with a grain of salt ;)

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Does anyone know if it's possible to do some simple modding with this game? It uses Unity Engine, so I though it would possible to do some basic texture swap for example, but I wasn't able to find any of the textures/sprites (wich should have been in "resources.assets" normaly). Apperently they would be located inside "StreamingAssets/game_bin" (based of the size of the folder), but none of the files have extension, so that's a dead end (with my knowledge at least).

I was orginaly just interested to take a look at the assets and do some personal edits for fun, but recently I was thinking of maybe doing a couple edits in order to "tone down" the gore/blood parts. Could be interesting I think...
Looks like Uu made a response to your question.

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
Looks like Uu made a response to your question.

Yeah. I was pleasantly surprised to see my message there. :D

And well, as expected, that won't be possible for Sinisistar. But he said he likes modding, so it's something he might consider for his next game, like for example having built-in mod support to add your own characters and such.

So fingers crossed he will be able to add modding support for his next game, that would be amazing!

Reactions: Beyo and Furabia

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
Very neat that he took the time to address your modding question.

It's interesting because as far as I know, the whole games's modding culture is very much "underdeveloped" in the east when compared to the west for a number of reasons... which in the end means that developers usually don't even consider that possibility and so their games that end up being very difficult to mod.

So it's a shame that it won't be possible for Sinisistar... but at least he's seriously considering having mod support from the start for his next game which is nice.

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
Maybe this kind of stupid question, does anyone know what is Uu new game title they're working on?
In one of the author , there was a mention of "Oden". I though it was the name of the new game, but apparently it was the work in progress name for Sinisistar. So I don't think there is any name set yet.

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
If anyone is interested, I did a custom background and box art for your Steam library. So if you're like me and like to keep things organized, feel free to use it. ;)

1616682415923.png

By the way, here's the source of the original artwork:

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
On pixiv, there's quite a collection of fan-art dedicated to this game.

jbloggsey

Mar 4, 2017
As of today there's some bad news - release has been postponed a little while longer as the nature of their personal lives are changing a little.

But there's good news too! After this postponement period both devs look like they're going to be working on their projects more full-time(ish, from what I can understand) which means updates will come out faster and with "greater power"!

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
As of today there's some bad news - release has been postponed a little while longer as the nature of their personal lives are changing a little.

But there's good news too! After this postponement period both devs look like they're going to be working on their projects more full-time(ish, from what I can understand) which means updates will come out faster and with "greater power"!
At least postponed for 2 months, right?

Someonewhocan

Feb 9, 2019

Feels like normal for me postponed (-1) then gonna full time (+1) = 0 nothing bad and nothing good

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Yeah, I read the update yesterday. From what understand, Google translate says that the game's engineer will have to wait about two months or so before he's done with work at his company. While the game development will have its coding postponed, the game will have its art brushed up on by Uu.

noonenonenot

May 13, 2018
I am hyped! It has been a long time since I have felt this hyped for a game. I don't mind waiting , as long as it doesn't happen like it did with parasite in city sequel, which apparently is not going to happen.

mk40

Jul 23, 2018
Guys, can you all make this game to 32-bit so I can play, pls:cry:
I already knew my computer was old but it stands strong for 10 years to me and I dont want to abandone it :mad: (the truth: I dont have money to buy a new one, bleh :p:ROFLMAO:)

So, pls~
Sinisistar is already a 32 bit game.

GTA89

Mar 16, 2018
Guys, can you all make this game to 32-bit so I can play, pls:cry:
I already knew my computer was old but it stands strong for 10 years to me and I dont want to abandone it :mad: (the truth: I dont have money to buy a new one, bleh :p:ROFLMAO:)

So, pls~
Windows XP in 2021? You should really be careful. Any computer connected to a network with that OS is as safe as an unlocked luxury car in Detroit...

4.30 star(s) 63 Votes