VN Ren'Py Sins of Summer [Dev Thread]

NeverEast

May 26, 2017
Hey everyone, NeverEast here, and I just wanted to make a thread about an upcoming visual interactive novel I'm currently in the process of making. I'm hoping by making this thread, it will both: get the community involved with the development of the game and also keep you all informed of what's being created (and also keep me on track). This is my first project and I'm currently going at this alone, so please bare with me. Please be advised, content presented is very much a work-in-progress and is subject to change.

Developer: NeverEast - -

Planned Genres
3DCG, Animated, Male Protagonist, Multiple Endings, Anal Sex, Blackmail, Creampie, Group Sex, Groping, Handjob, Harem, Incest, Interracial, Masturbation, Milf, Oral Sex, Sex Toys, Sleep Sex, Titfuck, Vaginal Sex, Voyeurism, School Setting, Sandbox

Story/Plot
The choices you've made in your final year of high school have awarded you with a summer of consequences. The path ahead of you presents you with two choices: study in order to pass exams to enter college this fall or be thrown out onto the streets due to your failings. As simplistic as the task sounds, you will soon learn that things are not quite as straightforward as they seemed. Will you make the most of the summer and atone for your sins, or will more bad choices lead you further astray?

Character Previews
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

More characters and story previews will be posted as development continues, so watch the thread for updates!

Questions, comments, critique, and suggestions appreciated.

Last edited:

Jadon Sancho

Jul 16, 2019
Are you planning on making animations for the game?
I saw your fan art of the character in the game with the black guy, hopefully it will appear in the game. :love:
Your art is amazing, hope you get a lot of support to develop this game.(y)(y)

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: ActiveShooter

hiya02

Oct 14, 2019
The previews look very good and I intend to check this out when you have got the first release out.
I hope you manage to "start small", instead of overwhelming yourself with endless features that will then cause the development speed to slow down to a crawl and the project to fail like SO many others in here.

Jun 6, 2017
I'm glad to see you finally starting this thread. Was looking forward to it since seeing your stuff in the Mom thread. Kelly looks amazing and I can't wait to see Elizabeth. Will probably support once you start putting out more content.
Best of luck!

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeverEast

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Following the thread now. Thanks for doing it and letting us know!

I would like to make a small comment, rather than a suggestion.
I, as someone who would play the non-NTR route, would like to see an MC who is not a wimp, nor a creepy as fuck pervert with rapey vibes on this route.

I think it's one of the things that a lot of games that implement harem and NTR routes go wrong. That the MC is always a loser and a pervert, no matter what route he's on. Or the same formula is always used. On the harem route the typical "From nerd to alpha". And in the NTR route the typical "From loser to even more loser".

While I don't expect an alpha male from the start, it would be nice to have an MC with a neutral to nice personality on the harem route.

But I also see tags like blackmail, rape or sleep sex. Which is not my style personally, so I don't know this will happen on the harem route. For this, I would really appreciate it if you could tell what personality the MC will have. If he will change as the game progresses, if he is different in the different routes, if the player can mold it to his liking, etc.

Thanks a lot and, as always, my best wishes with the development!

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
Looks amazing! I love your renders and your style, and this project looks awesome!

The "not-NTR" sounds perfectly fine (unless you shove the relationship in the player's face as if we're supposed to be jealous, or have any particular feelings at all over a waifu we're specifically not pursuing. Sounds weird, but lots of games go this route for some reason!)

Good to hear about the blackmail tag etc. not being done by the MC; I get miffed when we have to be a douchebag to romance a specific girl. (The aunt though, she could blackmail me all she wants ;) ;) ;))

Looking forward to your first release!

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
No problem for making this thread more public. I want more feedback/comments like this so that I can address them and hopefully get more people onboard.

As for your questions. So the tags you listed, apart from the sleep sex, are are all story related, which is a shame because I don't want to spoil too much. But I can say for certain that it won't be the MC doing the raping/blackmailing in order to score sexual favors, it kills the mood for me as well. As for the loser to hero archetype, there's a little of this in the story, but it's more of a "did you learn from your mistakes?" type deal. Choice will play a big role on the route the story takes, which makes the overall personality of the MC more in the players hands. I just plan to give players the opportunity to do what tickles their fancy rather than forcing them to take a singular route.

Clear as mud, right? It's hard to explain at the moment, but hopefully after I get a release out, and you give it a try, you'll see more of what I mean.
I understand you. It is easier to clarify everything once we have the first contact.

For now, I am quite calm and happy with what you have said.
Again, thanks for responding.

I just want to clarify that my views are from the perspective of a harem route player. So my opinions are focused on this. I do not want to offend anyone. Thank you for your patience. Heh.

And, by the way...

Caring, Loving, and Loyal, "Lizzie" is everything you'd expect from a typical MILF. She's always looking out for those closest to her and is what some would considered to be the perfect wife.
Yeah... This is absolute fucking perfection. Lizzie's description sounds perfect to satisfy my loving mommy fetish. I want to love her and respect her very much.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NeverEast

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Models looks good, lets see if you can juggle both extremes at the same time, many are trying lately, good luck.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Jadon Sancho

Jul 16, 2019
In my opinion, the game would be more interesting if there was a lot of drama, instead of just going in the safe direction of only MC and female characters.

You can refer to Being A Dik to create interesting supporting male characters like Derek, Tommy, Chad, Tybatl, ... or even create villains related to the MC family's work, his aunt, his sister,... then use them to develop content about the bad sides of school like bullying, trapping,... besides interesting activities such as dating, party, ....... and pressure from family can affect MC's studies.

Deybigson

Aug 7, 2018
After I saw these two images I became a fan of your art. Its style, quality and settings. I hope to see a lot of that in the game, I love the reaction on women's faces after seeing a big cock, especially when it's incest. Good luck on the project! Don't pay too much attention to harsh criticism, some just don't like that kind of story.