VN Ren'Py Siren Song [v0.1.1] [Jonesy]

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes

*Jonesy*

Obscenely Wholesome
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
What's Up Everyone?!

It's been a couple of weeks and I wanted to give everyone a quick update.

I honestly didn't get as much done as I wanted to over the past couple of weeks. My brother was in the hospital so I've been more focused on things related to that.

That said, I have made some progress. Right now I'm working on the second to last scene of the first night (Charlie's birthday). As I mentioned before, the second day will most likely not take as long to create because I went more in depth (almost moment-to-moment) for her birthday. If I were to guess, I'd say I'm at about the 2/3 point of completion, but who knows? Maybe I'll get struck by some crazy idea and take the second day onto some tangent. If I do, I'll let you guys know, but as it stands, I'm feeling good about being done with chapter 2 either by the end of July or before then.

I'm really excited by how things are turning out. Charlotte is so damn cute and I like writing her a lot, but they just met another character that is giving Charlie a run for her money on the cuteness scale. We'll just have to see how that all pans out!

Proud Charlie.png

Is it just me, or does Charlotte look awfully proud of herself for some reason? I wonder why?

Anyway, back to work. These images aren't gonna render themselves!

Until next time, be excellent to each other and party on, dudes (and dudettes)!

~ Jonesy

*Jonesy*

Obscenely Wholesome
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
Man, this is getting good!

I am usually a pretty humble guy, but I have to say, I am proud of myself for how well this is turning out. I hope you all feel the same way once it's released.

In the past two weeks, I have gotten a lot done. That said, there's still a lot left to do.

I am currently working on the last scene of Charlie's birthday. After that will be day 2 of chapter 2, where they will finally catch up to the music festival tour. Day 2 will go a whole lot more quickly than day 1, but it will set up the story for the foreseeable future.

I still have a lot of music to pick out and insert. Then the edits, rewrites, re-renders, etc. I am also going on vacation in early July. If all goes well, and I don't get eaten by a grizzly bear on vacation, I am confident that this chapter will be finished by the end of July.

Ch2 BdayShow 66.png

Charlotte's a Pinball Wizard, there has to be a twist!

OK, gotta get back to work if this thing's ever gonna get released!

Until then, take care of yourselves and each other!

~ Jonesy

Jun 30, 2020
Man, this is getting good!

I am usually a pretty humble guy, but I have to say, I am proud of myself for how well this is turning out. I hope you all feel the same way once it's released.

In the past two weeks, I have gotten a lot done. That said, there's still a lot left to do.

I am currently working on the last scene of Charlie's birthday. After that will be day 2 of chapter 2, where they will finally catch up to the music festival tour. Day 2 will go a whole lot more quickly than day 1, but it will set up the story for the foreseeable future.

I still have a lot of music to pick out and insert. Then the edits, rewrites, re-renders, etc. I am also going on vacation in early July. If all goes well, and I don't get eaten by a grizzly bear on vacation, I am confident that this chapter will be finished by the end of July.

View attachment 3756417

Charlotte's a Pinball Wizard, there has to be a twist!

OK, gotta get back to work if this thing's ever gonna get released!

Until then, take care of yourselves and each other!

~ Jonesy
Looking forward to finding out if Charlotte does indeed have a supple wrist.

It ain't Quadrophenia, but what really is?

Reactions: *Jonesy*

*Jonesy*

Obscenely Wholesome
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2022
The end is in sight!

I've written the ending scene of chapter 2 but not the two or three scenes leading up to it. I have the first act of the second day finished. I know more or less how I'm going to connect the two, I just have to write and render the details. I'm taking some time right now to make corrections and hammer out some of the details before working on the final sections of chapter 2. If I don't, I'll get too excited and rush to the ending. I'm also inserting the music into each scene today. I'm crawling out of my damned skin I'm so thrilled to release this chapter!

Ch2 Driving 81.png

(I swear, every time Charlotte changes her hairstyle, I kinda fall in love with her all over again.)

Like I said in my previous post, I'm taking a week-long vacation starting on the 10th. But that shouldn't keep me from finishing this up before the end of the month.

As usual, my highest tier Patreon and Subscribestar peeps will get first dibs and I'll stagger the release down the tiers until finally releasing it here for free/volunteer donations. I'll keep you all posted about the actual release date as it approaches.

Anybody out there with a crazy tour story to tell? Drop it in the comments. Maybe I can incorporate it or something similar into one of the upcoming chapters!

Until next time, be nice to your drummers and bassists. They only seem expendable.

(Psst! All my rhythm section peeps! I'm also a drummer, so don't get too mad at me!)

Anyway - love y'all,

~ Jonesy

4.80 star(s) 5 Votes