virtt

Aug 18, 2018
OMG...Scale Garden...Fuck y'all, I'm not old!
Yes yes grandpa, your grandchild is coming to visit at 8 so lets take the pill and get dressed, okay?

Tbf though, last time I heard Scale Garden mentioned was around the time they crucify a guy named Geesus or something.

JohnJameson

Jan 19, 2017
On second thought, the last activity from Scalegarden was in 2021, which was an announcement of a new game development start, followed by complete silence. So either we will hear some good news soon (a new Scalegarden game), or... well, let's hope for the best anyway.

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
Wow an old ScaleGarden release, whenever I see their games pop-up on F95 I always have this feeling of both absolute love (I love their art style and h-content) and at same time absolute hate (their games are insanely long winded and grindy)

From time to time I say to myself okay this time I am going to finish a ScaleGarden game. But whenever I try it I never manage to do it, I just always get bored eventually, I've tried it on both Fort Rhodes and Lightning Gear (Flash Gear? translation is a bit wonky so not sure what it is called in English) but I failed to finish either games. Not even sure how far into them I got

I do hope they release a new RPG game, their games do seem to be getting better. Rhodes Fort was a lot less grindy and a bit faster paced than Lightning Gear. So who knows maybe they eventually release a game I can actually complete lol!

Reactions: Fakeuser002

Crossfire260

Aug 6, 2020
How does one defeat the last crab which is enclosed in the wooden room with the window?
I was wondering the same thing. Not 5 mins in and I'm already lost.

EDIT: Nevermind I figured it out; Start at the top right of the upper deck entrance, take 6 steps to you're left and you'll find the entrance to that room. Hope this helps.

Baemz

Sep 10, 2017
These games are pretty unique, I guess it's worth a play. Pretty slow and pretty dark, as far as i remember from rhodes and the other one.

Btw. I see Scalegarden and M1zuki comes to mind, I hope hes ok. I hope he's fine...

Eldiran

Mar 7, 2019
Hum, this bring nostalgia!

This author have, back in the day, a vlog when he spoke about his next game. I went here periodicaly to see the progression of the game he made, and even see that he doesn't protect the acces of his site very well. Like one part of the site url was called "project10" so i just change that by "project9" and would have acces to all of these drawing of these game who will never be release. Most of them where just old design (which is already cool in itself) but since he never created another game since ages, a lot was put into the creation of this game who never gonna see the light of the day, sadly.

Now he has put some drawing from the dlsite blog something like 3 years ago but it wasn't the same design. I've always wonder what have happen to the man, why did he stop creating these so unique gems? Now that i'm better at japanese, maybe i should dig a little into it, i dunno : )

Sonnymafia

Aug 24, 2017
I created a mod to make the game less grindy to better enjoy the story.

I lowered the encounter rate to about 1/4 and increased the exp by 4x, which should be good enough to minimize random battles and avoid being underleveled.
I don't think it's a big loss since the battle system is REALLY basic: only 2 attacks (punch and attack with equipped weapon), and the battles are just a continuous attack-heal cycle and some battles are scripted.

I still testing the mod, and I don't yet know if the game is well balanced, so I added the skill "Surrender" to lose the battle on purpose.
If you find a bug or something you think it will make the mod better, let me know.

Reactions: PotatoLord