c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Not quite.

0.4 > 0.1.6

0.16 may be "zero point sixteen" or "zero point one (point) six". In this case, it's "zero point sixteen". So 0.4 < 0.16.

The earlier 0.42 should have been 0.4.2. 0.16.1 > 0.4.2.
Why I'm thinking that the number from a version control software has the least potential for interpretation? Of course then you must explain why number 9442 and 9469 has "only" the same playable content...:D

I think some devs doesn't think about "right" versioning of their project before they start and a lot of us user can't understand the difference in the number. Even that the final version is 1.0 is mostly not correct. Probably this is the version a software have when the first version is released, but most times it is only the point that bug fix comming visible for the user of the software.

What makes it more difficulty is that we have now all games that are in "middle" of the development.

Higher number equals (by most) newer version. Fact is that a point in the version schema is not equals to a point between "normal" number.
A point in version schema is rather a new section.
So for SL
0.4 = "0" section "4" vs "0" section "16" = 0.16
0 = 0 so, you can ignore this part
4 < 16 so, 0.16 is the newer version than 0.4

And in addition for 0.16 vs 0.16.1
0 = 0, 16 = 16
but "" vs "1"? if not given a explizit number behind a "lower" part of the version number you can substitute that part with 0
Thus: 0 < 1 and therefore 0.16.1 is newer than 0.16

Usally if you go to the "lesser" parts of the version number the change between to numbers also becomes lesser. E.g. a 0.0.1 incrase is most likely a bug fix, when a 0.1 increase can be a new feature (or story part) and a 1 increase is something big and can have some great changes.

Or you can lock , were it is most likely better explained

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Why I'm thinking that the number from a version control software has the least potential for interpretation? Of course then you must explain why number 9442 and 9469 has "only" the same playable content...:D

I think some devs doesn't think about "right" versioning of their project before they start and a lot of us user can't understand the difference in the number. Even that the final version is 1.0 is mostly not correct. Probably this is the version a software have when the first version is released, but most times it is only the point that bug fix comming visible for the user of the software.

What makes it more difficulty is that we have now all games that are in "middle" of the development.

Higher number equals (by most) newer version. Fact is that a point in the version schema is not equals to a point between "normal" number.
A point in version schema is rather a new section.
So for SL
0.4 = "0" section "4" vs "0" section "16" = 0.16
0 = 0 so, you can ignore this part
4 < 16 so, 0.16 is the newer version than 0.4

And in addition for 0.16 vs 0.16.1
0 = 0, 16 = 16
but "" vs "1"? if not given a explizit number behind a "lower" part of the version number you can substitute that part with 0
Thus: 0 < 1 and therefore 0.16.1 is newer than 0.16

Usally if you go to the "lesser" parts of the version number the change between to numbers also becomes lesser. E.g. a 0.0.1 incrase is most likely a bug fix, when a 0.1 increase can be a new feature (or story part) and a 1 increase is something big and can have some great changes.

Or you can lock , were it is most likely better explained
Yes...sometimes. There is no universal standard for these things, so it basically devolves to "does the number/letter combo look bigger or smaller", with "bigger or smaller" taken with a grain of salt.
And if the dev changes in midstream (0.42 < 0.16 because 0.42 is really 0.4.2), then it can get really confusing!

Reactions: Thermophob and c3p0

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I loathe that software numbering scheme.

0.4 > 0.16
0.04 < 0.16
It doesn't work that way. Software versioning is not decimal. Milestone versions have full numbers like 1.0... You can have a lot of versions between demo release (0.1) and first milestone version 1.0 or bewteen two milestone versions (1.0 and 2.0)... 0.04 doesn't really exist. You can have for example 0.16.4 which would mean 4th bugfix release of 0.16. There is no new content just various fixes.

Reactions: DorcasAurelia

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
It doesn't work that way. Software versioning is not decimal. Milestone versions have full numbers like 1.0... You can have a lot of versions between demo release (0.1) and first milestone version 1.0 or bewteen two milestone versions (1.0 and 2.0)... 0.04 doesn't really exist. You can have for example 0.16.4 which would mean 4th bugfix release of 0.16. There is no new content just various fixes.
Can't we use the ?:p

Versioning is not defined from a standards body (e.g. ISO). Where I work, it is usally vv.xx and we usally beginning with 00.10.
I don't find it this the best solution and I think Z.Y.X would be more rational.

But the for most case use one - and only one - system and define what which part of the number stands for what (and never change a running system, only if you have to:D).

Reactions: Thermophob

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Can't we use the ?:p

Versioning is not defined from a standards body (e.g. ISO). Where I work, it is usally vv.xx and we usally beginning with 00.10.
I don't find it this the best solution and I think Z.Y.X would be more rational.

But the for most case use one - and only one - system and define what which part of the number stands for (and never change a running system, only if you:D).
Ok, you have point. But my intention was to explain one of most popular approaches. I might be wrong, but it seems Perverteer follows approach I have described.

Reactions: JJsworld and c3p0

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Ok, you have point. But my intention was to explain one of most popular approaches. I might be wrong, but it seems Perverteer follows approach I have described.
I think your right.;)
I've also explained this in my post above:geek::whistle: - Ok, more messy and ....:cry:

Reactions: Thermophob

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Man, what a ride!

The game is awesome! Was playing from two days straight, and the whole sex scenes were awesome. Susan is one of the best Milfs around, together with Linda from Milfy City. Bella and Rachel too, and while I feel Liza kinda bland so far, she's a cutie too.

Near to the end I was in relationship with all the girls and I started to consider if the love relationship with Bella was a bad idea, but looking how that brat was too attached to me, my heart melted. Also, it's pretty awesome that Susan was such a dom, I love that on her being the Mistress, and being such a gentle woman out of Discreet.

Well, I'm on the Harem path following the romance option for Bella, and I think I did everything right. I just hope that soon both Liza and Susan will jump on the incestuous love bandwagon and everyone will be up to do something really nasty.

I'm just thinking about some girls that sadly vanished. The one from the supermarket and the ones from Belugio. I thought it was funny that the boards and related stuff on the island were on Brazilian Portuguese, but I'm not complaining xD I wish that here the things were so liberal like they were on the island.

Thank you for the game @Perverteer I'm certainly dropping some dollars to help the development. It's not much, but it will be the best I can do for some months. And please continue to make some amazing games!

JJsworld

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2018
Come on Update... Can't wait to see what Perverteer has planned, for my harem... Bella & Rachel onboard, Bella seducing Liza, so hope she brings her onboard... Anticipation is killing me !!!

Perverteer

Peddler of Unspeakable Goods
Game Developer
Nov 19, 2017
Hmm, so I saw that survey, and in one or two cases, I wondered what would be the appropriate answer.
F.Ex. I'm a big fan of Story, even and especially in Erotic VNs, but SL so far isn't one of those I come back to for the story.
It has great scenes, and plenty of them, but I think you could scramble the days to remove any coherence and it wouldn't detract too much from the experience. So am I giving wrong feedback, when I imply something is valuable, but it doesn't actually apply to the product in question?
The survey is also very much about future developments. I'd like to do a more story-heavy VN after the development of Sisterly Lust is finished, so that's the reason why that option is there.

Man, what a ride!

The game is awesome! Was playing from two days straight, and the whole sex scenes were awesome. Susan is one of the best Milfs around, together with Linda from Milfy City. Bella and Rachel too, and while I feel Liza kinda bland so far, she's a cutie too.

Near to the end I was in relationship with all the girls and I started to consider if the love relationship with Bella was a bad idea, but looking how that brat was too attached to me, my heart melted. Also, it's pretty awesome that Susan was such a dom, I love that on her being the Mistress, and being such a gentle woman out of Discreet.

Well, I'm on the Harem path following the romance option for Bella, and I think I did everything right. I just hope that soon both Liza and Susan will jump on the incestuous love bandwagon and everyone will be up to do something really nasty.

I'm just thinking about some girls that sadly vanished. The one from the supermarket and the ones from Belugio. I thought it was funny that the boards and related stuff on the island were on Brazilian Portuguese, but I'm not complaining xD I wish that here the things were so liberal like they were on the island.

Thank you for the game @Perverteer I'm certainly dropping some dollars to help the development. It's not much, but it will be the best I can do for some months. And please continue to make some amazing games!
Thanks Arthoneceron! Those vanished girls might make an appearance in the future... As for the Brazilian Portuguese, Belugio is supposed to be one of those islands discovered by the Europeans somewhere in history. The loose morals are entirely fictional.

V.016.1 the threway with Kira and Ana is still buged after this image it jump directly to rachel scene.
At this point I'm at a loss why it still happens. Would you be willing to share a save with me so I can have a look at your story variables and make a possible fix?

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
I played the first two updates... has this game gotten any better? I remember it being over-the-top, the character renders seem to have gotten better which is a plus, the writing was a bit much for me

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou
4.50 star(s) 329 Votes