HTML Abandoned Sistersitting / Housesitting [Day 11 Scene 01] [i107760]

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
game abandoned?
This game, which was really promising (I've supported it for a while), was basically abandoned after the first release. The last full release is about 11 months old (or maybe more, I honestly don't remember), to give you an idea of how slow development is.
Too bad, I wanted to believe but lost any hope a long time ago :\

carter111

Jul 26, 2017
This game, which was really promising (I've supported it for a while), was basically abandoned after the first release. The last full release is about 11 months old (or maybe more, I honestly don't remember), to give you an idea of how slow development is.
Too bad, I wanted to believe but lost any hope a long time ago :\
really? I remembered him releasing lots of updates albeit really small ones and then a post asking the community if they preferred bigger monthly updates or smaller weekly ones and the community voting for the former one... but maybe I am wrong on this.. regardless it's a shame he let the game die..

wstlndwarrior

Mar 1, 2020
New update is out, you can find the entire changelog on my Patreon, . I hope you will enjoy it, it took a while, but it's a big one with around 7500 words. If you have feedback, let me know.

EDIT: I have added a poll for feedback on the diary, forgot to do that at first.
I just wanted to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the story so far. I can't wait to see what happens as we progress. Thank you so much for sharing!

• Red Heart
Reactions: i107760

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
Really sad the game is dead, if you add a couple of pictures here and there (nothing too fancy) and then we expand the story it could be enjoyabled

wstlndwarrior

Mar 1, 2020
I have been waiting a year for anything further on this game. Loved it when I first read it. I hope it isn't truly abandoned. :(

• Red Heart
Reactions: i107760

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
New update is out. My Patreon post can be found .

This update focuses on life at home and the reaction to the date; they discuss it with each other, and then life goes on.
The last scene of the day is supposed to convey them somehow growing closer, but simultaneously, having a rift develop in the way they see each other. I hope I managed to do this right; I was quite rusty when writing this scene due to my extended absence, and it took some time to get back into the groove.

I'm pretty happy with how the update turned out, and I didn't edit it as much as I would've liked due to time constraints (it's the weekend now; I plan to get some rest and spend time with friends and family).I would have liked to make an "engine" improvement to change the way the text conversation was rendered between Sarah and the boy, as well as to make the "blue/brown" selection a little better (the link at the footer should only be clickable/visible after you click blue or brown), but I need to think of how to do this, and I don't want to delay getting this update out.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I just wanted to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the story so far. I can't wait to see what happens as we progress. Thank you so much for sharing!
I have been waiting a year for anything further on this game. Loved it when I first read it. I hope it isn't truly abandoned. :(
Things aren't going so well for me right now, thanks for the support. Hope you'll enjoy the new update. I'll be taking some more time off in February, but I'll be moving in with my uncle—I'm not sure if I'll be in the mood to write. So I'm not sure when the next update is going to be, but I have no plans to abandon this project as explained in my Patreon post.

Yet another dev who scams people into paying his rent while half-assing a project for months on end, only to abandon it at the end.
If you think $15-$20 bucks a month can pay rent, then you're just delusional. I'm not in this for the money—I'm not strapped for cash, and I have always said that any money pledged is treated purely as a tip.
If I was in it to make money I would use graphics, and write about a different subject and not write such a drawn out romance.

But thanks a lot for your comment. When a close family member of yours is dying, I hope you get loads of comments like these. My hobby is never going to be more important than my family or my job, I will write when I feel like doing so and I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Last edited:

Fyo

Aug 14, 2017
Things aren't going so well for me right now, thanks for the support. Hope you'll enjoy the new update. I'll be taking some more time off in February, but I'll be moving in with my uncle—I'm not sure if I'll be in the mood to write. So I'm not sure when the next update is going to be, but I have no plans to abandon this project as explained in my Patreon post.

If you think $15-$20 bucks a month can pay rent, then you're just delusional. I'm not in this for the money—I'm not strapped for cash, and I have always said that any money pledged is treated purely as a tip.
If I was in it to make money I would use graphics, and write about a different subject and not write such a drawn out romance.

But thanks a lot for your comment. When a close family member of yours is dying, I hope you get loads of comments like these. My hobby is never going to be more important than my family or my job, I will write when I feel like doing so and I don't care what anyone else thinks.
Members of f95zone have trouble comprehending the idea of people being able to do whatever they want with their money. To my knowledge, you never promised anything, and as such anyone giving you money is doing so with no reasonable expectation for anything in return. Some people seem to think that the minute a person opens a Patreon they are at best a salaried employee, and at worst some sort of indentured servant.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Some people seem to think that the minute a person opens a Patreon they are at best a salaried employee, and at worst some sort of indentured servant.
Are you think it's wrong to think that? If a person "opens a Patreon" (I guess you mean creating a price tag for something, not just Patreon account), it always means he/she/they wants to get money from people. Always. No exceptions. 'Cause if you're doing something as a hobby and not for the money you wont publish anything on Patreon. If we're speaking about adult content, there's this site, there's sites like itch.io and the like where ereryone can get what others publish without paying any money. So if someone publish a thing with a price tag it always means that someone offering some kind of deal to people. "You're giving me money I'm giving you product" - that's the usual deal. So I see no reason to treat such person other that someone who owns to his/her patrons. That's the way capitalism works.
And more of that, Patreon has certain rules (like incest ban) so people were forced to change product and having a patch for people wanting to play product as it was intended. Patreon is not the only platform for publishing your own content but people are still there. Why? The answer is obvious - for money. So if someone thinks that devs publishing on Patreon are doing it not for the money that someone is deluding himself.

rick911

Jul 28, 2017
Are you think it's wrong to think that? If a person "opens a Patreon" (I guess you mean creating a price tag for something, not just Patreon account), it always means he/she/they wants to get money from people. Always. No exceptions. 'Cause if you're doing something as a hobby and not for the money you wont publish anything on Patreon.
Patreon is literally a play on "patron/patronage". It was a medieval system where the rich would basically pay to support a bard or artist whose work they enjoyed.

Yes, people start Patreons to earn money. Duh. But the entire point of Patreon is for people to earn money supporting their hobbies. Just because he's not "doing it for the money" doesn't mean he can't earn money.

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
Just because he's not "doing it for the money" doesn't mean he can't earn money.
Typical western double standards. If he's not "doing it for the money" he's not using Patreon. Simple as that. It's a hypocrisy to think otherwise.
And you read only half of my words. I said that Patreon is not the only one platform, there are others. But if you aim to earn money Patreon is the best. That's why all the devs with incest in their games are still there. It's only for money.

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
DUDE I WAS THINKING ABOUT THIS GAME WHEN I WOKE UP AND LO AND BEHOLD! sorry for all caps but this was wild man.
Yo dev, don't get discouraged by some comments here. I myself played this a year ago and left it at that, if you ended up releasing an updated then fantastic, if not, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

So whatever man, hope 2022 treats everyone good. Cheers for a good narrative.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I guess you mean creating a price tag for something
My game was first posted on /hgg/ (8chan) and F95Zone, and I also have an itch.io(from which I do NOT accept donations at all)—I don't paywall anything, all my updates are available to the public the moment they release.
I really don't care where people download my game from, the Patreon purely exists as a tipjar. I like seeing people read my game, that is the only reason why I publish it instead of just writing it for myself. Seeing people leave me some money helps to keep me motivated.

But if you aim to earn money Patreon is the best. That's why all the devs with incest in their games are still there. It's only for money.
I at first tried to put my game on SubscribeStar, not Patreon. However, it took months before my page got verified, so in the end I moved back to Patreon (24 hour verification time).
The Patreon censorship didn't affect me, since I was planning on changing my story for possible future legal problems even without posting it there. Luckily, a kind modder has provided a patch that can be automatically applied and works across versions meaning the censorship doesn't affect the readers at all.
In any case, this is the last time I'll comment on this—please let the thread stay on-topic. If anyone has any questions about the game itself or any feedback on the update, let me know.

Last edited:

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
i107760 Ignore the haters. It only takes five seconds to see that all your work is published free and without restrictions. Glad you were able to find some time to offer us a continuation to the story. Everyone needs a break from time to time, we're all human. Life always finds a way to hit you with the ugly stick. Wishing you god speed and best of luck.

As far as scripting issues you mentioned, there's a tons of modders on these forums. Just ask and someone will probably able to assist you.

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes