HTML Abandoned Sistersitting / Housesitting [Day 11 Scene 01] [i107760]

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
It's good to see you back writing once again, family and friends and personal events in life should absolutely take priority over a few nerds jacking it.

Sorry to read about the life troubles you're currently going through, stay strong!

Keep doing what you enjoy

• Red Heart
Reactions: i107760

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
As far as scripting issues you mentioned, there's a tons of modders on these forums. Just ask and someone will probably able to assist you.
I should be able to figure it, if I can't, I'll make a post. Main problem is me being rusty and not having touched SugarCube/JS at all for a long time (all the "coding" I do in my day job is some simple Python/R/STATA/SAS).
Sorry to read about the life troubles you're currently going through, stay strong!
Thanks for the encouragement. I do personally feel bad about not delivering, but it's not conductive to worry about it - my emotions are a bit out of whack and I kind of regret my comment where I lashed out by now.
Damn this is good.. any txt based game similar to this?
I don't think so? Last time I checked, there were basically none, which is also a big part of the reason I ended up writing this. Glad to hear you liked the story!

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLaughingMan-Aoi

lionarslan

Jun 11, 2017
In any case, this is the last time I'll comment on this—please let the thread stay on-topic. If anyone has any questions about the game itself or any feedback on the update, let me know.
I'm sorry for any inconvinience I may cause, my words was never directed at you personally.
It's just really annoying when some hypocrites declares that it's wrong for people who gave someone their money to await something back from that someone. If I take money from someone I consider myself in debt till I do the thing I was paid for. And those who pay me money have every right to whine or be angry at me if I don't do it in time. For me it's what paying in advance means.
I'll stay on topic further, sorry again.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
DUDE I WAS THINKING ABOUT THIS GAME WHEN I WOKE UP AND LO AND BEHOLD! sorry for all caps but this was wild man.
Precognition? A super power? It seems like you really did know it would be updated, that's quite amazing...

Oh nice, nice. This is one of those games that stays in the back of my mind, and every once in a while I just wonder if it's still alive. Good to see it be updated.
I think I've seen you comment on it before, glad to see you're still interested in it ^^ If you've forgotten the story, you can just start over - that's a slight benefit of my snail-pace release speed.

Reactions: Mwanted

itsreal

May 18, 2019
If I take money from someone I consider myself in debt till I do the thing I was paid for.
There are a couple of types of relationships where money is exchanged. "Pay for service" is only one of them. "Let me buy you a coffee" is another.

I'd gladly buy the author a coffee. He doesn't owe me anything in return.

If you feel always "in debt" when someone gives you money, you'll always be a slave to money.

Tend

Feb 14, 2018
Honestly in most text games, even in visual novels I skip through, but yours was basically the first where I read everything! You're a pretty talented writer I have to say and I really like the story. Hope you can continue working on it...personal life has priority though of course. :)

weeblekeneeble

Aug 17, 2020
Excellent writing and good usage of specific detail to set a scene. You show great care in where you give detail and when you leave something ambiguous for the reader and the end result helps bring the reader into immersion with your setting. It also begs some curiosity of your background considering the included details of this story (write what you know and what not) and I find myself compelled to continue reading when you update next. I come from a very different lifestyle (blue collar, poverty, deadly health condition) and yet when I play through this I feel like a young man of a rich background forced into growing up to make sure his sister has the best future possible. Thank you for letting me experience this world and I eagerly await to read the conclusion of this tale.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Just out of curiosity, is the "stern" path viable now? I remember asking years ago, Idk if something changed in the meantime :p

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Just out of curiosity, is the "stern" path viable now? I remember asking years ago, Idk if something changed in the meantime :p
No, because my slow release pace I'm only working on the main route now. I still have a collection of notes for that path but it's not written out. That path doesn't really suit my personal tastes so it's not a priority for me (though I do want to write it at some point, because it could be challenging/fun to go out of my comfort zone).

Sep 21, 2018
New update is out. My Patreon post can be found .

This update focuses on life at home and the reaction to the date; they discuss it with each other, and then life goes on.
The last scene of the day is supposed to convey them somehow growing closer, but simultaneously, having a rift develop in the way they see each other. I hope I managed to do this right; I was quite rusty when writing this scene due to my extended absence, and it took some time to get back into the groove.

I'm pretty happy with how the update turned out, and I didn't edit it as much as I would've liked due to time constraints (it's the weekend now; I plan to get some rest and spend time with friends and family).I would have liked to make an "engine" improvement to change the way the text conversation was rendered between Sarah and the boy, as well as to make the "blue/brown" selection a little better (the link at the footer should only be clickable/visible after you click blue or brown), but I need to think of how to do this, and I don't want to delay getting this update out.
Really thinked you died, thank you for your work.
frankenstein-its-alive.gif

• Hey there
Reactions: i107760 and Daasss

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
The girl on the cover is cute! It's why I opened the game. Normally I'm not rly too much a fan of text game, but I decided I will try your game because I like the tags and the description.
She's cute indeed. Let me know if you liked it; thanks for giving it a chance.
Thank you for letting me experience this world and I eagerly await to read the conclusion of this tale.
I grew up poor too, luckily if I ever have children they won't have to worry about that—it's not fun, and it was my primary drive during childhood to work hard and crawl out of it (of course, it doesn't just involve working hard—everyone's circumstances are different and some luck is required).
The childhood described here is purely a figment of my imagination, in fact, I had considered an alternate setting where you were downtrodden, broke and abandoned by your parents, but it was too dismal and just too negative of an atmosphere.
Not to mention I wouldn't be able to incorporate any of the swimming which I enjoy writing about (both because it's my hobby, and because I believe it's a good setup for exciting scenes) because it is a very expensive hobby ^^.

I'm really happy you liked the game this much, consider leaving a review if you want—I rely on the reviews to convince people to give the game a shot. A lot of people don't like text-only games, and having a high average score makes them try it despite their dislike. Of course, not everyone is going to like it in the end but some of them will.

Really thinked you died, thank you for your work.
I'm alive, yes. I remember you commenting on the game in the past, thanks for continuing to follow the development!

Last edited:

TheLaughingMan-Aoi

Jan 22, 2022
I liked it a lot! I didn't expect to like it very much, but I finished the game already. I don't think I ever read that many words in a row :ROFLMAO: I love the sister, she's so cute. I hope you keep writing about her more, I don't like the other girl as much.
I'll leave a review too since you asked.

Reactions: Fyo and i107760

liaoji

Sep 25, 2017
The game is awesome! I am a reader myself and have played plenty text-based games myself, the only complaint I have would be that the game now is way too short. Story wise, I like the idea of having the other girl around to interact with even if I were to choose the sister instead. Having the final decision on day 6 (or is it just a placeholder?) seems like a bad idea tho unless you are planning on something else. It would make the story more interesting to have a bit more struggle in between imo. keep up the good work!

Reactions: i107760
4.50 star(s) 31 Votes