HTML Abandoned Sistersitting / Housesitting [Day 11 Scene 01] [i107760]

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I released a small , that wasn't really planned - I've spent some time this weekend writing the new content of course (next "real" update will come this month as well!), but also I've also retouched old scenes / dialogue from the first and second days, and most importantly for myself, the conversation with Mike, the coach, in the second day ("DAY02.SCENE03").

This was probably the worst written dialogue in the game, and it's long bothered me. So now that I've (hopefully) improved that, I'd like new readers to not have to read that old dialogue, and get the other improvements for the first two days as well. I added a poll to the thread, where new readers/old readers can give feedback on the new (and improved) dialogue.

So, there's not much new content - only a diary scene and one more scene that I'd released already as individual scenes on my Patreon, and this minor update is aimed towards new readers - rest assured though, another update will come this month that completes "DAY08", and it has quite an exciting scene in it, something to look forward to.

Last edited:

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
Did you download the bugfix version? It works on my end.
It's a text-only game as explained in the FAQ, it has no images. It's still worth a try according to many people that do not usually like text-only games, though.
everything worked out perfectly that time now looking forward to updates keep up the great work :)

Reactions: i107760

finndem

Aug 13, 2020
I look back at Mike, whose eyes are following my sister; he is the head coach of the Select team, and saw the potential in my sister and has been teaching her personally for a few years already. She comes to practice every Saturday and maybe once or twice during the week, if time permits. Mike also visits us at our home three times a week since our $manwomanToBoyGirlRel are willing to employ him privately for some extra personal guidance outside of the team training.
Came across this in my playthrough.

m0us3r

Nov 28, 2020
Thanks, fixed this on my local branch, don't feel like releasing bugix update just for this. A bit of sloppy editing, thanks for catching it.
Did you check all the corrections? Apart from a couple of $manwomanToBoyGirlRel, there was toWords($ and a couple of incorrect scene names (like .PART1 in the second diary entry).

In general, the diary entries are OK. If you want to improve them, maybe you could just make them as normal paragraphs/scenes, only with special CSS.

The story is interesting. Can't wait for the next update.

The dialogue with Mike is OK.

Thank you and good luck!

PS. Why just blue or brown? Both are too good to lose either; there should be a path with both. :)

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Did you check all the corrections? Apart from a couple of $manwomanToBoyGirlRel, there was toWords($ and a couple of incorrect scene names (like .PART1 in the second diary entry).
I diffed the file, and think I got everything. Thanks for the corrections, didn't test this update as well as I should have.

Glad to hear you liked the story, the next update will come out in a couple of weeks, and thanks for the feedback.

I'm indeed not fully happy with the diary scenes yet, but I don't care too much to spend too much time improving them, so for now it'll likely stay this way until I get a good idea in my head and feel like tinkering with it (I enjoy writing, coding somewhat, but the styling really isn't for me).

PS. Why just blue or brown? Both are too good to lose either; there should be a path with both. :)
Personally just not a big fan of harem, and it doesn't really fit my outline of the planned story I have written. Plus, in my mind, Julia would not like sharing.
Once the game is finished, it's something to consider though (as an alternative ending to the Sarah path), but for now due to time constraints I really just want to keep pushing forward the main route I have in my head, since I'm motivated to write right now and enjoying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neurosss and m0us3r

John Woodbridge

Honorable member with ethical values
Donor
Jun 3, 2017
Thank you so much for your great performance, in fact, in two ways for me.

I explain.
First, it's so refreshing to discover through your "game" a new way writing an adult story without Visual Novel style, because the lack of pictures really don't affect the Reader's addiction to it IMHO, especially with your slow step-by-step story. I love it and it changes so much from others "Fast-sex" games (Fast-food either not recommended by nutritionists ;)).

In a second hand, each reader can imagine his own character appearance who will meet inconsciously his own fantasies and creating addiction to them, thanks to your descriptions with not too much details which leave a lot to our imagination.

I like also the way you suggest interactions between Julia and her bestfriend Sarah which means a lot of confusion for the poor big brother. So real in fact compared to real-life stories.

In conclusion, I can't wait for your next update and wish you a full success in the future. Continue like that captivating us !!

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I stayed up way too late reading your story. I feel bad that I don't know who has what color eyes!

Where is the story set? I was thinking Pasadena but with Mike just coming back from the states I guess it's in another country.

Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to finishing it.

John Woodbridge

Honorable member with ethical values
Donor
Jun 3, 2017
Hello,
To help you to choose, little sister Julia (or whatever Name you gave her) has blue-eyes and her bestfriend Sarah (or whatever Name you gave her also) has brown-eyes.
But, maybe as for me, the choice will be very difficult to do, each way is so tempting ...

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Some bad news, it looks like staff has silently retracted their Rule 7 approval for the patch being allowed on the thread. I have no clue what is going on, I am trying to get into contact with them. I have not been notified of this change in policy in regards to my game, and I'm very surprised about it, given I'd gotten explicit consent before even listing the patch on the thread.

In conclusion, I can't wait for your next update and wish you a full success in the future. Continue like that captivating us !!
Where is the story set? I was thinking Pasadena but with Mike just coming back from the states I guess it's in another country.
I think you mean Paul, and he just came back to the States from abroad. It's set in the United States, with some rough idea towards having it set around a NYC suburb.
Glad to hear you like the story! And thanks for the kind comment.

But, maybe as for me, the choice will be very difficult to do, each way is so tempting ...
It's not the final choice, you can still keep thinking about it for a few more updates. It basically just adds a "point" towards the Sarah path if you choose her in the dream choice event. Glad to hear you liked the game, thanks for playing it.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Some bad news, it looks like staff has silently retracted their Rule 7 approval for the patch being allowed on the thread. I have no clue what is going on, I am trying to get into contact with them. I have not been notified of this change in policy in regards to my game, and I'm very surprised about it, given I'd gotten explicit consent before even listing the patch on the thread.
You can thank this dude here... he used your game as an example in a troll/crying thread and one of the mods caved...

https://f95zone.to/threads/troll-trap.106762/post-7470365

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
You can thank this dude here... he used your game as an example in a troll/crying thread and one of the mods caved...

https://f95zone.to/threads/troll-trap.106762/post-7470365
Sad to see the Staff caves to that, with no discussion with me, when prior to posting this thread I contacted Staff and got Rule 7 approval explicitly. I still haven't heard anything from the Staff, this is very disappointing.

Rule 7: Content (a game, image, video, story, animation, etc.) depicting nudity or sexualization or sexual/erotic activity involving prepubescent character(s) is prohibited. A "prepubescent character" is one that visually shows no sign of puberty, or if non-visual is otherwise clearly intended to represent a prepubescent character. 2D and 'unrealistic' depictions are generally looked upon more favorably. As this involves some discretion, if you are unsure ask a Staff Member.
Even with the patch applied, my game features girls 13+ years old. They do not even fall under Rule 7, and even if they did, the " ...'unrealistic' depictions are generally looked upon more favorably." clause should very much weigh in my favor since I do not have any visuals, just text.

I'm very sad, and honestly, kind of feel betrayed. I've always followed all the rules, I've been here for 6 years and never gotten into any trouble.

Last edited:

yamipleb

Oct 27, 2018
pretty stupid move by people to reply to such obvious bait
learn to click the ignore button when you come across those types
best way to get rid of them is depriving them of attention/recognition

gmouz

Apr 7, 2020
I don't know what I did wrong with setting up the game but every time the landlords or his wife name need to come up they always appear like in this picture instead of the name I gave them at the Start Game screen. It's a minor problem but is there any way to fix this?

a.png

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I don't know what I did wrong with setting up the game but every time the landlords or his wife name need to come up they always appear like in this picture instead of the name I gave them at the Start Game screen. It's a minor problem but is there any way to fix this?
View attachment 1634618
I tend to refer to them in terms of "relationship to the protagonist" rather than name, which would be the cause of that. You have given me an idea though for a next update, where the names will be used in certain circumstances that should fix this "confusion" / immersion being broken.

And yes, it can be fixed! By you, even. Create a "preset.js" file in the same folder as the ".html" file, and put this in the file:
Code:
SugarCube.State.variables.ManRel             = "Henrik";
SugarCube.State.variables.ManShortRel             = "Henrik";
SugarCube.State.variables.ManRelly = "Henrik";
SugarCube.State.variables.WomanRel = "Anne";
SugarCube.State.variables.WomanShortRel = "Anne";
SugarCube.State.variables.WomanRelly            = "Anne";
This will change all mentions of "Landlord" / "Landlord's wife" to the above (if you want different names, you can rename them). There is also a patch made by a modder, that changes these terms to... something else, it can be found on "lewdpatcher" or similar sites.

Reactions: gmouz
4.50 star(s) 31 Votes