HTML Abandoned Sistersitting / Housesitting [v0.10.0 Fixed 4] [i107760]

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes

Emogir

Aug 23, 2019
This isn't right. I came here because flat is justice, and now, just a few hours later I'm sitting here with a huge smile on my face from the interactions between mc/sister and mc/sarah (and giggling because "do we get noods? :sneaky:" at the end of day 6). Damnit, author, your writing is too good, and I despise this so much that I will continue to follow this project very closely.

• Red Heart
Reactions: i107760

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
Ok I guess this is soon to be abandoned. Why even start with these interesting projects if you won't invest in them after the initial release..bah

XanderGod

May 9, 2019
All the good stories end up getting abandoned Q.Q
I don't think the game is going to be abandoned
Look at A Family Venture, it's a game which hasn't had an update since last year, their developer may be more active, but i wouldn't loose hope just yet.
Not every body has the time or money to work on a game while going to "actual work".
And when looking at his Patreon you clearly see that it is not even nearly profitable enough to even consider working on the game full time

xtinct

Jul 29, 2018
Thank you author for the great work i was really immersed,i hope we can see your work completed and not abandoning it halfway hope we see new update soon

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
I like this game, but if you could add one or two pictures it would be great, you know, just for entertainment purposes... XD

Beaba

Sep 30, 2019
The author is MIA. Even on patreon he hasn't posted since Feb.
That's very concerning.
I just hope Covid didn't got him before he could update his Patrons.
I am praying that is not the case and wish him good health.

WhoWantsZion

Jul 24, 2018
The author is MIA. Even on patreon he hasn't posted since Feb.
actually, they have been somewhat active, all i could find was this tho
dunno if this reflects on this at all but they are still alive, just not actively working on this i guess

victorydale

Jul 10, 2020
I'm still optimistic that this project will be continued, but in the meantime, does anyone have suggestions for games, text adventures, or just stories similar to this one? Ideally well-written, with a relatively slow buildup before getting into any explicitly lewd content?

oshtoshashlyk

Mar 5, 2020
they are still alive, just not actively working on this
lol, is anybody even surprised anymore when this happens? It almost feels like it's normal for devs to just abandon their project after collecting their patreonbucks for a few months. Some people might view it differently, but it really is a literal scam when it becomes this blatant. Not even Early Access games on Steam are this bad, for fuck's sake.

• Angry
Reactions: kiawbs and anon8525

Eponymous_01

Nov 6, 2020
lol, is anybody even surprised anymore when this happens? It almost feels like it's normal for devs to just abandon their project after collecting their patreonbucks for a few months. Some people might view it differently, but it really is a literal scam when it becomes this blatant. Not even Early Access games on Steam are this bad, for fuck's sake.
Admittedly, there's plenty of examples of devs abandoning projects and not being clear with patrons about it, but that's not what's happening in this case. I'd been a patron back in Feb when i107760 last posted. They said they were struggling with mental health, that updates would be infrequent or not at all until the situation changed, and that while patreon support was still appreciated they understood anyone dropping support in response to the drop in activity.

If after that update patrons still choose to continue support, that's their choice and not the dev scamming them.

Last edited:

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Hey all, it's been a long time. I understand all the worry that I went and croaked or abandoned the project, but that's not the case. I've just posted " " for my Patrons, along with an explanation of why it took so long.

Basically, I was dealing with severe burnout and depression. I made a Patreon post a few months back, where I explained to my Patrons that I was dealing with this, and that development would most likely take a while. I was hoping to have a lot of free time in March/April while I was undergoing counseling, but things didn't go to plan.

I wrote quite a bit in March-April, but due to my state of mind, or just being hyper-critical of myself, everything I wrote was really bad. This discouraged me and I stopped having fun when writing, so I decided to take a break from it.

I then ended up moving to a different city in May, and started working on the project around the start of this month. A bit of a rough start, because I'm rusty, and still not feeling 100%, but I hope to work on the project as I figure out my financial situation (no income right now due to moving, so that is my first priority).

I'd really love to support this project and the next ones, but I need the development to be quicker. (sorry)
Don't worry, I understand completely. However, you also gotta understand that I'm not in it for the money, and that I have no intention of making this my primary source of income. Just following my work is more than enough support, I consider my Patreon to be purely "tips" to help motivate me and for people to show their appreciation of my work.

This isn't right. I came here because flat is justice, and now, just a few hours later I'm sitting here with a huge smile on my face from the interactions between mc/sister and mc/sarah (and giggling because "do we get noods? :sneaky:" at the end of day 6). Damnit, author, your writing is too good, and I despise this so much that I will continue to follow this project very closely.
Glad to hear you like it, I'm glad my effort spent on developing the characters and their relationship is working out.

I don't think the game is going to be abandoned
Thanks for the faith, and you are entirely right. I don't consider this my job, purely a hobby, I'm not a full time developer or writer.

actually, they have been somewhat active, all i could find was this tho
dunno if this reflects on this at all but they are still alive, just not actively working on this i guess
If you click on the comments I made, you can see that I also wasn't working on anything else. I simply responded to two issues that were relevant to my prior work on that project (most of my work there predates the creation of this game).

As the poster above explained, I announced my "Hiatus" to my Patrons, and I've never considered this project to be commercially viable, and I'm not in it to make money. I'm not paywalling my releases, people can choose to support me monetarily if they want, or not, it's their choice, I'm more than happy for someone to read my story for free and take enjoyment from it.

Tagging the people that were looking for news: LorDClockaN , FGALROD12121234 , oshtoshashlyk , xtinct.

Last edited:

Beaba

Sep 30, 2019
Good that nothing really severe happened to your health where you couldn't reach your Patrons for news.
You shouldn't be too hard on yourself about writting, mainly where every little thing must be 100% perfect and not look amateurish. You must learn your instincts and go to your own feeling, and also not be too picky on discarding paragraphs or whole page or chapter. It happens and it's complete normal to let g and not fell bad about it.
The most important thing is to have fun and enjoy, without pressure.

Good luck and best regards.

Reactions: Eponymous_01

oshtoshashlyk

Mar 5, 2020
Apologies for jumping too quickly to conclusions. I simply get so annoyed at the sheer number of devs who ghost their projects after collecting money for a while.

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes