HTML Abandoned Sistersitting / Housesitting [v0.10.0 Fixed 4] [i107760]

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes

Mtexplorer90

Jan 26, 2019
Your game is a seriously promising start. Both the writing and pacing so far are engaging and are an interesting departure from many similar html games that get into the "action" too quickly. Moreover, I'm impressed at the quality of your writing as a non-native english speaker.

Keep up the good work! If you need assistance proofing or otherwise, please reach out!

Reactions: i107760

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
i107760 there's a bug in the tv scene showing me the previous options after raping the girl in incest mode.

i107760

Sistersitting / Housesitting Developer
Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Your game is a seriously promising start. Both the writing and pacing so far are engaging and are an interesting departure from many similar html games that get into the "action" too quickly. Moreover, I'm impressed at the quality of your writing as a non-native english speaker.

Keep up the good work! If you need assistance proofing or otherwise, please reach out!
Glad to hear you liked the story, I'll hopefully have an update for you soon. If you spot any spelling mistakes or other errors, just post in the thread and I'll fix them. Are you American by chance? If so, I'm also very interested in any comments where I made weird choices of words, or other cultural inconsistencies.

i107760 there's a bug in the tv scene showing me the previous options after raping the girl in incest mode.
Yep, aware of it, have it fixed. I might release a v0.6.2 today that includes new incest patch mechanic, and a fix for this and other issues. Thanks for the report!

I was planning to release the next update today, but I'm not happy with the writing. Going to delay it a bit, and rewrite things. Sorry for that.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
and a fix for this and other issues
like the hardcoded difference in age with Sarah?

typo / accidentaly a word:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm not so sure. they need balanced nutrients, true. But they need a loooot of calories as well. i'm reasonably sure franziska von almsick (german gold medal swimmer) had a calorie intake in excess of 4000 kcal.

Last edited:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
like the hardcoded difference in age with Sarah?
It's a little hard to fix, because I am using spelled out ages instead of numbers, making it not possible to just easily do "brother age - sister age". I'll just leave that be for now, and act like it breaking is just one of the minor immersion problems when you stray from my intended settings.
I don't really remember what word was there, I'll rewrite that piece of dialogue. Thanks.

Last edited:

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
It's a little hard to fix, because I am using spelled out ages instead of numbers, making it not possible to just easily do "brother age - sister age". I'll just leave that be for now, and act like it breaking is just one of the minor immersion problems when you stray from my intended settings.
it is possible but requires a whole library of numbers to be typed out. i cant find any ready made code other than this on the quick

easier would probably be to have an array ["zero","one","two",ETC] and get the entered text number with
bro_age_numeric = array.indexof(string.prototype.tolowercase(bro_age))
sis_age_numeric = array.indexof(string.prototype.tolowercase(sis_age))

Last edited:

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I'm not so sure. they need balanced nutrients, true. But they need a loooot of calories as well. i'm reasonably sure franziska von almsick (german gold medal swimmer) had a calorie intake in excess of 4000 kcal.
Yeah, I am aware. Might have to rewrite that scene a little, but I do think there are better sources of carbohydrates for her (whole grain pasta, rice, potatoes, beans and such) and she needs a lot of protein too. The nutritionist will tell him all this, that she needs to eat seven light meals a day, and the food he should be making.

it is possible but requires a whole library of numbers to be typed out. i cant find any ready made code other than this on the quick

easier would probably be to have an array ["zero","one","two",ETC] and get the entered text number with
bro_age_numeric = array.indexof(string.prototype.tolowercase(bro_age))
sis_age_numeric = array.indexof(string.prototype.tolowercase(sis_age))
I rather accept the immersion breaking than add javascript for non-essential functions. When people change the story's settings from what I intended, small inconsistency errors like this will pop up, and should just be accepted. Just like I won't adapt her dialogue for different age settings, I'm not gonna put this much effort into one mention of the relative age difference. Thanks for trying to think with me, though.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I am looking how to scroll to the top of a page once you click the next page links and this might do it...

// This prevents the page from scrolling down to where it was previously.
if ('scrollRestoration' in history) {
history.scrollRestoration = 'manual';
}
// This is needed if the user scrolls down during page load and you want to make sure the page is scrolled to the top once it's fully loaded. This has Cross-browser support.
window.scrollTo(0,0);
Thanks mate. This works, will implement it in v0.6.2, which I'll upload soon.
EDIT: v0.6.2 is uploaded, has several bug-fixes and new way to load patch, as well as the scrolling to the top on replace passages.

Last edited:

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
I just read the added in drunk rape scene, and holy shit, that went south really really fast. Made me feel really bad, didn't expect a little drink would turn your character into a uncontrollable lust machine. I'm hoping in the future, there will be a scene where you can pick a option to give in to your lust or not, and not have a super dark bad end if you picked the wrong choice. Maybe something not involving alcohol, and if it's leading towards a bad end,maybe have the brother's self conscience tell you that "maybe this is a bad idea..." and give you a option to salvage the situation instead of an instant game over.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
I just read the added in drunk rape scene, and holy shit, that went south really really fast. Made me feel really bad, didn't expect a little drink would turn your character into a uncontrollable lust machine. I'm hoping in the future, there will be a scene where you can pick a option to give in to your lust or not, and not have a super dark bad end if you picked the wrong choice. Maybe something not involving alcohol, and if it's leading towards a bad end,maybe have the brother's self conscience tell you that "maybe this is a bad idea..." and give you a option to salvage the situation instead of an instant game over.
I hated writing the rape scene, and basically rushed it, hence it kind of sucks. It's patch only, and I'm probably going to rework it entirely, or just remove it since it's really not my kink/fetish. It was first written, before I posted this game here, to make fun of people that wanted to get sexual content very quickly, hence he is basically a lust machine as you said. I'll probably just remove it now that the game is getting some more content, and a good reception despite the slow pace.

Reactions: Ranoyos

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
I hated writing the rape scene, and basically rushed it, hence it kind of sucks. It's patch only, and I'm probably going to rework it entirely, or just remove it since it's really not my kink/fetish. It was first written, before I posted this game here, to make fun of people that wanted to get sexual content very quickly, hence he is basically a lust machine as you said. I'll probably just remove it now that the game is getting some more content, and a good reception despite the slow pace.
Yeah,it feels a little out of character, you can definitely tell that scene feels sort of...shoved in there(excuse my pun.) I know that different people have different tolerance to alcohol, and people have varying degrees of effect from consuming alcohol, but it feels a bit unbelievable considering the story seems to imply that the brother regularly drinks alcohol and still has enough control not to jump the little sister in the past.

On another note, I don't know if it's just me, but the difference between a younger sibling that's...eighteen and the one in the "Patch" makes a whole WORLD of difference to me. The writing is good enough that it really made me feel bad for having ANY sort of sexual feeling towards the sister if she was any less than eighteen, so that's saying something. However,if you scale the ages up, it confuses my brain a bit. Maybe that's just me,it's a bit hard to explain, but it just feels like a completely different atmosphere.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
why not simply add a warning ie: *rape/bad end* next to the choice or something its a shame when devs remove content because then basically it was made for nothing and a waste of time no?
some people would probably like the scene even if its a bad end (haven't read it yet). and don't get me wrong i'm not asking you to write more scenes like that if you don't want to but personally i never understood removing content that doesn't actively harm the game ie bugs or the like.
I just hate how badly written and out of character it is. And it adds the "rape" tag to the thread, despite not being my kink at all, causing people that filter out games with rape to miss my game. And people looking for rape, will find my game, and by very disappointed for 99% of the game. So for me as a dev, it's kind of bad as well, on top of hating the scene myself. It would take me more work, to actually fix the scene, than to just disable it entirely.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
oh and btw as of currently you can't "filter out" tags you can ignore a game with the tag yourself but can't have it not show up on newest just fyi.
I see, then I'll just hide it behind a warning label that reads: "WARNING: RAPE, non-canon. I hate this scene myself:" and then later think about reworking it entirely to not be so shitty.

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
On another note, I don't know if it's just me, but the difference between a younger sibling that's...eighteen and the one in the "Patch" makes a whole WORLD of difference to me. The writing is good enough that it really made me feel bad for having ANY sort of sexual feeling towards the sister if she was any less than eighteen, so that's saying something. However,if you scale the ages up, it confuses my brain a bit. Maybe that's just me,it's a bit hard to explain, but it just feels like a completely different atmosphere.
Scaling the ages up sadly does not make the dialogue different, so you can't age her up entirely, she will always feel younger than 18. But, it's better than nothing for people that do not like underage content. Although, I kind of was hoping, that my writing would be good enough that people normally NOT into underage content, would find themselves aroused as they read my game ^^ Sadly, I am not a masterful enough writer to emulate Nabokov, who had people sympathize with a child raping scumbag.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Just read what is there so far and it's promising I have a couple of questions though, first even though you have said it's not your kink are you planning more rape scenes or a dark/evil route of sort? Also I'm getting NTR vibes based on how the story may possibly go after what was mention so far, will this game have it?

i107760

Modder
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2016
Just read what is there so far and it's promising I have a couple of questions though, first even though you have said it's not your kink are you planning more rape scenes or a dark/evil route of sort? Also I'm getting NTR vibes based on how the story may possibly go after what was mention so far, will this game have it?
Non-con sex really is not my kink, so I doubt I'll be writing any more scenes like it. Kind of regret writing it in the first place, since the writing is so bad. I still get the urge to just delete it. There will not be NTR, I guess the stuff with the coaches can kind of sound like it, but I didn't think about NTR when I was writing it, as it's also not my cup of tea. Not ruling out that I might never write an one-off scene that involves something like it, but probably not.

Reactions: dragoduval

Ranoyos

Jan 6, 2019
Like what4j said a few pages back:

Always remember, while it's good to take suggestions/criticism, try to keep writing what you want.
Don't feel pressured to throw in content just for the sake of doing so, as many of us are patient and willing to wait, just write at your own pace and remember not to stretch yourself too thin trying to appeal to TOO many different requests.

All in all,keep up the good work,I'm looking forward to future chapters. If you never mentioned it,i never would have guessed that english wasn't your first language. Hell, english is MY first language, and i find that sometimes some of my sentences seem awkward.

Reactions: Orlox

Karnewarrior

Oct 28, 2017
Ah, so there is vaginal sex in the game. It's just drunken vaginal sex.
Too bad I don't really like drunk sex - non-con is my kink and so is loli. Whatever though, the cute vanilla stuff is pretty good too.
Definitely want to slip inside Sarah as well as the Little Sis, but the latter takes precedence. It'd be nice to see that kind of option in the future. Doubly nice if Sarah turns out to be a kinky little vixen who's not afraid to "clean up" her friend...

Gully

Oct 3, 2017
I chose infrequent. The writing is good. Don't get all tied up in semantics and polls. Your work is on par with the best of the text based classics.

(Pictures later, take your time,)

4.50 star(s) 31 Votes