3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
Lots of kinda bugs. Nobody?

- game_menu.jpg is missing. I changed it to main_menu.jpg
- sometimes there's no scene/background, so it's just text on an empty checkerboard 'background'. E.g. during say "With your doubting and confused followers ..." and the next 10 lines
- no Load menu item

I always add a few unren scripts for debug/console and rollback etc. Maybe that breaks it, but ususally they don't. I haven't tried without.

Reactions: MarcelPappas

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Lots of kinda bugs. Nobody?

- game_menu.jpg is missing. I changed it to main_menu.jpg
- sometimes there's no scene/background, so it's just text on an empty checkerboard 'background'. E.g. during say "With your doubting and confused followers ..." and the next 10 lines
- no Load menu item

I always add a few unren scripts for debug/console and rollback etc. Maybe that breaks it, but ususally they don't. I haven't tried without.
I hope to solve those in the 0.3.

Reactions: majdaddin

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
To fix the error when you go into the game menu

Go to SixSerpents/game/gui and change game_menu.png to game_menu.jpg
Thank you for proposing a possible fix, I will try to fix this as soon as possible.

when will the game be on android?
We will not support Android.

It's still more soild and believable than The Cursed Child
Even conspiracy theories are more believable than Cursed Child.

name of the artist?
I will ask him if he has a profile somewhere.

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
Found the game just today, played it and can say that it's a pretty neat game, never thought I'd be playing as Voldemort in a Harry Potter game but here we are. After completing the latest update of the game, I can say that there are some praiseworthy things and also some very unsatisfactory or outright inadequate features to the game. I will just focus on the 'bad' things for now.

Things the game can/needs to implement:-

1) Sound effects and music. The game feels empty and unimmersive due to lack of sound effects and any music in general. In fact, I don't even know why there's an option to fiddle with sound volume when the game doesn't even have any.

2) An option to go back to Main Menu and also a load file while playing the game. The game currently doesn't have this option, the only way to access the main menu and a load file would be to close the game and restart it again.

3) All the characters have the same purple font color for their character while talking. Maybe having a variation of colors for different characters would be a good change. For example:- Voldemort having green font color whereas Hermione having scarlet color would be a nice change of pace. The same monotonous purple color for everything gets boring.

4) This might come as a stretch since the game currently only has 3 sex scenes. But my major problem with the sex scenes is a two-fold problem. First that the sex scenes are too short. And second, that the sex scenes have too much of an emphasis on inner monologue's and not much active interaction between the characters. The character's rarely interact with each other while having sex, all they do is talk in their heads instead of talking to each other and I find that annoying. And to make matters worse there are large info-dumps on things which we don't really need while having a sex scene. Like while fucking Narcissa, there are 14 sentences of info-dumps but Voldemort and Narcissa only interacts with each other ONCE. Only. One. Fucking. Time! Maybe tone down the inner monologue's and info-dumps a little and increase the active participation of the people who are fucking, let them talk and interact with each other more and maybe also increase the sex scenes in general, they feel too short.

This pretty much sums it up, I don't know whether I missed something or not but these are some of the most glaring issues I have with the game. I can imagine the game being fun after some time of maybe a few months and when most of these features are addressed to. The game is good and I hope the developer good luck.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Found the game just today, played it and can say that it's a pretty neat game, never thought I'd be playing as Voldemort in a Harry Potter game but here we are. After completing the latest update of the game, I can say that there are some praiseworthy things and also some very unsatisfactory or outright inadequate features to the game. I will just focus on the 'bad' things for now.

Things the game can/needs to implement:-

1) Sound effects and music. The game feels empty and unimmersive due to lack of sound effects and any music in general. In fact, I don't even know why there's an option to fiddle with sound volume when the game doesn't even have any.

2) An option to go back to Main Menu and also a load file while playing the game. The game currently doesn't have this option, the only way to access the main menu and a load file would be to close the game and restart it again.

3) All the characters have the same purple font color for their character while talking. Maybe having a variation of colors for different characters would be a good change. For example:- Voldemort having green font color whereas Hermione having scarlet color would be a nice change of pace. The same monotonous purple color for everything gets boring.

4) This might come as a stretch since the game currently only has 3 sex scenes. But my major problem with the sex scenes is a two-fold problem. First that the sex scenes are too short. And second, that the sex scenes have too much of an emphasis on inner monologue's and not much active interaction between the characters. The character's rarely interact with each other while having sex, all they do is talk in their heads instead of talking to each other and I find that annoying. And to make matters worse there are large info-dumps on things which we don't really need while having a sex scene. Like while fucking Narcissa, there are 14 sentences of info-dumps but Voldemort and Narcissa only interacts with each other ONCE. Only. One. Fucking. Time! Maybe tone down the inner monologue's and info-dumps a little and increase the active participation of the people who are fucking, let them talk and interact with each other more and maybe also increase the sex scenes in general, they feel too short.

This pretty much sums it up, I don't know whether I missed something or not but these are some of the most glaring issues I have with the game. I can imagine the game being fun after some time of maybe a few months and when most of these features are addressed to. The game is good and I hope the developer good luck.
Thank you for your valid criticism! The game is still in development, and I am sure it will get better as we add features and fix bugs. For the 0.3, there are plenty of things that I am planning to fix and add. Again, thank you for your compliments and feedback. It's important to get feedback to achieve our goal of making this the best HP parody game.

Cant freaking save without the game crashing!
I am aware of this issue and will try to fix it in the next update.

SkyDrive101

Nov 9, 2019
Is this normal?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/game_menu.jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/game_menu.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3834, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2555, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 824, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 368, in render
top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 688, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 623, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
surf = image.load()
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 704, in load
raise e
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/game_menu.jpg'.

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Six Serpents 0.2.3
Thu Dec 23 22:29:11 2021

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes