3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
What do the choices at the start mean? Are the events part of the game or separate?
They are just the Halloween and Christmas Specials. Though I don't know whether they are part of the story or a standalone different story. Cause in Christmas special we play as Lockheart, not as Voldemort.

I too would like to know whether the specials play a part in the story or not, and if they do then what's Lockheart got to do with it.

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
Is this normal?

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'gui/game_menu.jpg'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gui/game_menu.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3315, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3834, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 2555, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 263, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/layout.py", line 824, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
File "renpy/display/transition.py", line 368, in render
top = render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 688, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 623, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 287, in get
surf = image.load()
File "renpy/display/im.py", line 704, in load
raise e

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Six Serpents 0.2.3
Thu Dec 23 22:29:11 2021
That's a bug I will look into. Someone in this thread was kind enough to point out a potential fix (renaming the game menu). I hope to fix this issue as soon as possible.

compressed version please
It's not on our list yet to make a compressed build. However, we are always looking at ways to make the build smaller. As long as the images don't take a hit in quality.

What do the choices at the start mean? Are the events part of the game or separate?
It will be meaningful later in the game.

I can't hide text by pressing default mouse button, how you do it?
Can you provide me the error you get?

Liking the story so far, some proofreading/spelling/capitalisation tweaks still needed e.g. Hermione instead of hermione, McGonagall instead of Mcgonagall, also a random () over MC's fake name at the start.

Press H.
Thank you for pointing out the issues.

They are just the Halloween and Christmas Specials. Though I don't know whether they are part of the story or a standalone different story. Cause in Christmas special we play as Lockheart, not as Voldemort.

I too would like to know whether the specials play a part in the story or not, and if they do then what's Lockheart got to do with it.
You play as Voldemort, but the default name before you can enter your own is "Gilderoy Junior Lockheart". The issue is that you can't enter your own name before the Christmas/ Halloween event, so this is clearly something I need to change. Thank you for pointing it out.

Reactions: potspipe and mma456

mma456

Dec 2, 2018
That's a bug I will look into. Someone in this thread was kind enough to point out a potential fix (renaming the game menu). I hope to fix this issue as soon as possible.

It's not on our list yet to make a compressed build. However, we are always looking at ways to make the build smaller. As long as the images don't take a hit in quality.

You play as Voldemort, but the default name before you can enter your own is "Gilderoy Junior Lockheart". The issue is that you can't enter your own name before the Christmas/ Halloween event, so this is clearly something I need to change. Thank you for pointing it out.
It's good to know that we play as Voldemort in the Halloween and Christmas events and not as Lockhart. I never liked Lockhart and I'm also not fine with the idea of there being 2 playable MC's, such as Voldemort and Lockhart.

But now that you said that it's just Voldemort I feel a little assured:HideThePain:

Also, is the Halloween and Christmas event part of the story or just a standalone story?

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
It's good to know that we play as Voldemort in the Halloween and Christmas events and not as Lockhart. I never liked Lockhart and I'm also not fine with the idea of there being 2 playable MC's, such as Voldemort and Lockhart.

But now that you said that it's just Voldemort I feel a little assured:HideThePain:

Also, is the Halloween and Christmas event part of the story or just a standalone story?
It's not part of the real story, since it would be weird to have fucked Milliesweet at Halloween, when in her real story you haven't even seen her boobs yet.

Reactions: Frankohh and mma456

rwerwerty

May 3, 2019

While loading <'Image' u'gui/game_menu.jpg'>:
So the problem is that in your gui folder file "game_menu.jpg" is a PNG,you need to replace it with jpg.Just open game_menu. file with photoshop and save it in jpg format with name "game_menu"

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
I am going to work on resolving the bugs, and some other things people find annoying. I don't know when I will publish the fixed update, but I think it will be somewhere in the first week of January. I hope you understand, since this week will be very busy at work (I need to finish some things, deadlines etc).

f95_usr

Jun 25, 2017
I am going to work on resolving the bugs, and some other things people find annoying. I don't know when I will publish the fixed update, but I think it will be somewhere in the first week of January. I hope you understand, since this week will be very busy at work (I need to finish some things, deadlines etc).
You made a beautiful game, which takes time, take care and we'll be here :)

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
You made a beautiful game, which takes time, take care and we'll be here :)
Thank you very much for your compliment! We will keep working hard to keep making the game better which every release.

A quick update: I was able to fix the bugs mentioned earlier. Saving works for me, and there's even an in-game menu when you pause the game! Not sure when I will be able to release this update, since I want to fix some dialogue issues too. I also want to experiment with releasing a RenPy build for web to see how that works.

I coded two new features, the gallery mode I showed earlier and a very simple combat system. However, both of these are buggy, so I want to improve them before I put them in the game. I think a lot of people would like to have a nice gallery system, wouldn't you?

Deleted member 1684328

Game Developer
Oct 2, 2019
hi i presume people have already reported the bug when trying to save the game since you can't save currently
Yes, I already fixed the issue. It will be published with a major update.

Looks super interesting, will definitely be keeping this on my watchlist!
Thank you!

until the inability to save is remedied, this one goes on a back burner.
The fix will be released in the next major update.

Reactions: Zane11
3.90 star(s) 8 Votes