BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
Nickkarv and I have been talking a bit, but absolutely nothing is set in stone at this point.

I want to make this abundantly clear, so people don't expect a deadline or any form of date because at this point there's still absolutely no guarantee it will lead to anything, and I know from first-hand experience what a letdown it is to get your hopes up and receive fuck all.

Once again, I implore those with the proper skills to get in touch with me (or Nickkarv, if he's available and willing, I can't make promises or guarantees on behalf of someone else after all) if you want to start contributing.

The earlier you show yourself capable of and interested in working on this project, the more creative influence you're likely to have.

Right now it's pretty much just "How the fuck does this game actually work behind the scenes, and how do we even begin to replicate it in a way that doesn't result in the same flaws and drawbacks the original suffers from?".

So, Nick is digging around in the game files, and I'm trying to gather intel as best I can.

Neither of us are artists, and using vectors like the original game does (at least I think it does, there aren't nearly enough actual images present in the game's internal files, and IIRC there are none whatsoever pertaining to the actual slave girls) might risk having a similarly negative performance impact.

Tl;Dr: Shit's hard, man. Send dudes.

SnoopyFx

Mar 6, 2023
Nickkarv and I have been talking a bit, but absolutely nothing is set in stone at this point.

I want to make this abundantly clear, so people don't expect a deadline or any form of date because at this point there's still absolutely no guarantee it will lead to anything, and I know from first-hand experience what a letdown it is to get your hopes up and receive fuck all.

Once again, I implore those with the proper skills to get in touch with me (or Nickkarv, if he's available and willing, I can't make promises or guarantees on behalf of someone else after all) if you want to start contributing.

The earlier you show yourself capable of and interested in working on this project, the more creative influence you're likely to have.

Right now it's pretty much just "How the fuck does this game actually work behind the scenes, and how do we even begin to replicate it in a way that doesn't result in the same flaws and drawbacks the original suffers from?".

So, Nick is digging around in the game files, and I'm trying to gather intel as best I can.

Neither of us are artists, and using vectors like the original game does (at least I think it does, there aren't nearly enough actual images present in the game's internal files, and IIRC there are none whatsoever pertaining to the actual slave girls) might risk having a similarly negative performance impact.

Tl;Dr: Shit's hard, man. Send dudes.
good luck kind sir.

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
The penis is ripped, I repeat, the penis has been ripped.

holy_shit_He_did_it.png

For the sake of clarity, this is more of a "hey look, something happened" than a "great, now let's start replicating the game in Godot!"
Nickkarv still 100% deserves the praise though. He's already done more than I could've ever done without him, considering my current (lack of a) relevant skillset.

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
From what I could understand myself, the image doesn't actually "exist" as an image in the game files, but rather had to be ripped from the game while it was rendering the image.

Still not 100% sure if we're talking vectors or embeddings or what have you (hoping Nick can clue me in), but man, what was that Japanese fella smoking when he coded this?

(Also IIRC a lot of it is coded in Japanese, so that's... Fun. In the Dwarf Fortress sense of the word.)

Kinrad

May 19, 2019
The penis is ripped, I repeat, the penis has been ripped.
<SNIP>​
Could potentially go ask around 4chan, people there had modded Slave Matrix for a while and the game was very much popular there.

If you say that you're attempting a remake with more content you could probably get some assistance or even some guidance from someone who knows a whole lot more. I don't know much else.

Also I hope you're using dnSpy to take a look into the games .exe - It's the best way to pull out any images you could probably use.

Now I am not sure if this would be possible (just a thought), but think you could use AI Generated art to generate certain parts of the body?

Reactions: Nickkarv and BigCut

Kinrad

May 19, 2019
(Also IIRC a lot of it is coded in Japanese, so that's... Fun. In the Dwarf Fortress sense of the word.)
I remember somewhere in there being a list of all keywords in Japanese. You can translate that and keep a sheet of it on a doc form. I did that when I made the BBMod.

Then when you find something exactly the same, you can translate it directly via said sheet. Unless DNSpy has a way to change/replace all function. Never tried to look for such a function before...

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nickkarv and BigCut

Nickkarv

Jan 16, 2019
I'm using mostly Dnspy to see everything, and I could see the background image and some other audio files that were unencrypted, the rest of them once decrypted were a dump of an object to a binary. which kinda worries me since I haven't heard of dumping an object with some image embedded, it leds me to believe the person made this game is one of those people that could draw bad apple on a graphic calculator, all that vector information makes more sense to dump rather than an image, hopefully I'm wrong.

Could potentially go ask around 4chan, people there had modded Slave Matrix for a while and the game was very much popular there.
I have not checked 4chan, thank you for the lead.

Now I am not sure if this would be possible (just a thought), but think you could use AI Generated art to generate certain parts of the body?
I have thought about it, I still kinda want to check how viable is to rip everything, if it happens to be just vectors I kinda want to lean towards remaking the art, it is possible to rip the body parts and everything else but is just too much work and too much to guess.

I want to bring a human artist tho, I'm not against AI art but I have my doubts about IA maintaining an art style, I could be wrong tho, I haven't used one so maybe that is a non issue?
AI art could be useful to have something to show and draw artist eyes towards the project imo

Kinrad

May 19, 2019
I want to bring a human artist tho, I'm not against AI art but I have my doubts about IA maintaining an art style, I could be wrong tho, I haven't used one so maybe that is a non issue?
If you still want to take a look at AI Art, I recommend you to check out StableDiffusion on .

This will allow you to generate your own AI Images while maintaining an Art Style - that I can guarantee, as I did it multiple times to generate stuff, pretty cool ngl.

Take a look at the Free Cities thread, where StableDiffusion is used to dynamically generate art for the game, there's a wealth of information where you can get it to work. I can help you get it set up as well if you wish.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Nickkarv

Nickkarv

Jan 16, 2019
If you still want to take a look at AI Art, I recommend you to check out StableDiffusion on .

This will allow you to generate your own AI Images while maintaining an Art Style - that I can guarantee, as I did it multiple times to generate stuff, pretty cool ngl.

Take a look at the Free Cities thread, where StableDiffusion is used to dynamically generate art for the game, there's a wealth of information where you can get it to work. I can help you get it set up as well if you wish.
Thank you for that, right now I can't set it up since my ISP decided that the weekend would be the prime time to do maintenance to their infrastructure, so I have no home internet at the moment :HideThePain:, I'll check tomorrow

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BigCut

Nickkarv

Jan 16, 2019
also, to everyone checking this. I'm kinda new on this whole ripping penises and checking decompiled code of assembly files so it will be a while before some substantial progress have been made if at all, don't get your hopes up

Reactions: tifftgyg and BigCut

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
I'm personally already familiar with Stable Diffusion and Free Cities.

Some might say too familiar.

Though to have someone who actually knows how to code instead of just me would probably be a great idea if we go down that route.

AI art feels like a viable backup plan, but I don't think it's ideal. Maybe with SDXL we can get far better results than I ever could on my own (I stuck to 1.5 because I couldn't get XL to work).

I'm nevertheless hoping for a minor miracle that'll let us avoid using AI in favor of something more optimal.

BigCut

Dec 13, 2023
Now I'm thinking "what model could replicate the artstyle of this game?" and honestly I don't think there's a very good fit.

Maybe using a specific anime model and reducing the detail level with a LoRA..?

Training a model on the artstyle of the game is possible, but then it'd have to be through screencaps, since if we manage to rip the necessary files in order to train a model, then we would paradoxically no longer need to train a model because we already possess what we're trying to approximate...

I'm gonna have an aneurysm if I don't take a break from this line of thinking.

Nickkarv

Jan 16, 2019
If we go AI art path I don't think we need to copy the homework of Auto Eden in terms of art, as long as it looks good is good, I was more worried that since it is AI it would not be consistent with the art style of different generated pics, if it is as Kinrad said then AI generated would be a life saver really.

Kinrad

May 19, 2019
Ah yes, AI slop. Can't wait for the creepy dead eyes all AI "waifus" share.
Then honestly you haven't seen good AI Waifus.. lots of people generate stuff without caring for the large variety of settings that certain frameworks provide. Hell, some just create images to masturbate to and then forget.

If you dedicate at least 15 to 30 min on one image, you can genuinely create a good one without the creepy dead eye which you commonly see amongst AI artworks.

Some might say too familiar.
Man of Culture.jpg

• Red Heart
Reactions: BigCut

Worgen

Jan 3, 2018
the problem I see with using AI is that the game, from what I can tell from just playing it and not digging under the hood, feels like it puts pieces together from a bunch of premade parts to make the characters, but I don't know if that is something that can be done with AI. not if you want it to have a consistent look and the large body plan variety that the game can make as is. maybe it can be used to generate a character and then cut up the pic in an image editor for part tracing, but I'm not sure

Nickkarv

Jan 16, 2019
the problem I see with using AI is that the game, from what I can tell from just playing it and not digging under the hood, feels like it puts pieces together from a bunch of premade parts to make the characters, but I don't know if that is something that can be done with AI. not if you want it to have a consistent look and the large body plan variety that the game can make as is. maybe it can be used to generate a character and then cut up the pic in an image editor for part tracing, but I'm not sure
Not sure how powerful AI is in this specific case, the game indeed uses a lot of small parts to make a body, hair, faces, etc. I have seen good sprites that are made with AI so I'm kinda hopeful it would at least look decent, not entirely bought on the idea of it but is not like there is a lot of options without funding.

Also if there is a need to remake the art and we work out the art ordeal I think it would be cool to make it a full new project instead of a 1:1 copy, there is so much to explore with the concept is kinda hard to not get excited with ideas.

4.30 star(s) 19 Votes