R3DC0D3

Mar 22, 2019
so you basically can't rename anything without breaking shit and also i don't read japanese so i have to get rid of all of the reflection garbage before i can do anything resembling a rewrite :skull:. I have my decomp compiling atleast so thats nice.
I'm already doing that and I'm more or less halfway on renaming everything. The project is more or less decently organized (japanese naming aside), the guy went on making a custom engine that basically renders vector graphics (in the worst possible way, using the CPU as a rasterizer). The way everything is handled makes sense, it's just VERY hard to work with without a lenghty rewrite. I managed to recompile the game in .Net 8.0 with only a couple of issues on resources loading (wichi locks me at the main menu). Unfortunately I've had very little time to work on it due to being extra busy w/ dayjob.

I think it could be possible to plug SDL (maybe using Silk.Net) and translate all the draw calls into GPU compute friendly operations, moving the rasterization on GPU and effectively solving the performance issues of this game (which only increase as you up the resolution).

lewd_alt

Dec 31, 2022
I'm already doing that and I'm more or less halfway on renaming everything. The project is more or less decently organized (japanese naming aside), the guy went on making a custom engine that basically renders vector graphics (in the worst possible way, using the CPU as a rasterizer). The way everything is handled makes sense, it's just VERY hard to work with without a lenghty rewrite. I managed to recompile the game in .Net 8.0 with only a couple of issues on resources loading (wichi locks me at the main menu). Unfortunately I've had very little time to work on it due to being extra busy w/ dayjob.

I think it could be possible to plug SDL (maybe using Silk.Net) and translate all the draw calls into GPU compute friendly operations, moving the rasterization on GPU and effectively solving the performance issues of this game (which only increase as you up the resolution).
I have a compiling-decompile that also runs if you want :)
The decompiler I used (ilspy) fucked up the resource loading stuff really bad so i just rewrote it :skull:

I'm currently working on dumping all of the assets to json files because the current format is terrible. its an encrypted gzip file filled with serialized C# data types. From what I can tell everything is drawn using cardinal splines, and those honestly shouldn't be that expensive to draw even on the cpu. I imagine the performance issues are elsewhere.

Edit:
Dave is my VM user (I refuse to run windows on hardware)

in case you want to reference it

Last edited:

R3DC0D3

Mar 22, 2019
I have a compiling-decompile that also runs if you want :)
The decompiler I used (ilspy) fucked up the resource loading stuff really bad so i just rewrote it :skull:

I'm currently working on dumping all of the assets to json files because the current format is terrible. its an encrypted gzip file filled with serialized C# data types. From what I can tell everything is drawn using cardinal splines, and those honestly shouldn't be that expensive to draw even on the cpu. I imagine the performance issues are elsewhere.

Edit:
Dave is my VM user (I refuse to run windows on hardware)

in case you want to reference it
From what I've seen the draw function is very unoptimized and basically reassignes the surface pixel by pixel at every draw, on a single core. Some pieces also make use of gradients and transparency in a very bad way.
I used a combination of ILspy and DnSpy at the beginning as both had stuff working and stuff not working. Thanks for the working decomp, I'll see if I can merge the resources part with my current code base which has now way too many renames going on.

It will probably need to wait until this weekend tho.

Reactions: bingusdingus

Orc Wizard

Mar 14, 2017
Too bad the devs left the game as is, there is a stupid amount of potential in this, only played until my debt was at 4 billion, figured out that once ur finished with the debt you don't have a goal anymore despite having more stuff unlocked, which sucks ass, no point in playing with the new girls if you got no more goals (which by the time I unlock them I'll be sick of the repetitive gameplay)

But yeah, this game is a diamond in the rough with nobody to process it.

Reactions: CivilizedHangman
Oct 2, 2022
Too bad the devs left the game as is, there is a stupid amount of potential in this, only played until my debt was at 4 billion, figured out that once ur finished with the debt you don't have a goal anymore despite having more stuff unlocked, which sucks ass, no point in playing with the new girls if you got no more goals (which by the time I unlock them I'll be sick of the repetitive gameplay)

But yeah, this game is a diamond in the rough with nobody to process it.
While your correct about there not being much to do after, the game is good enough that people who like it should at least see the debt paid, in my opinion. While the gameplay is repetitive after a while, the point of it is to be something of a mad scientist and see what you can whip up through the breeding. Though using this game as a blueprint, I can see someone making something even better than this.

HITMAN2247

Jun 25, 2020
So I decompiled the game and boy is there some fuckery in there, so every bodypart has it's own class and connection type, and apperently c# has reflection. So instead of having like a static enum member for designating the connection type for every class the, the guy decided to get the type name as a string and he basically just looks it up in an enum to get the connection type. so you basically can't rename anything without breaking shit and also i don't read japanese so i have to get rid of all of the reflection garbage before i can do anything resembling a rewrite :skull:. I have my decomp compiling atleast so thats nice.
hope you can do someting to make this game better

Draven_Ra

Apr 25, 2021
So does anyone have issues saving? I can't save the game so I can't go far in the game, which is annoying to say the least. Is there any way to fix this issue?

SnoopyFx

Boobie Baron
Donor
Mar 6, 2023
So does anyone have issues saving? I can't save the game so I can't go far in the game, which is annoying to say the least. Is there any way to fix this issue?
Are you saving with the Json? The only time ive ever had trouble saving is when using that method as when i progress too much, i couldnt make a new save, the game would just freeze up. Try using the regular saving method.

cmxh

Nov 22, 2022
Guys, I tried to expand floors and rooms with dnspy but didn't work well, I tried to expand floor buttons in Mods→対象 but it didn't work cause of compilation errors, if you have any plans to update the game in the future, please consider expanding them, thanks a lot.:FacePalm:

4.30 star(s) 20 Votes