Ark Thompson

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2016
I allow myself a bit of self-promotion:

I wrote an open post on Patreon right here:

Those of you who liked Slice of Venture 2 might want to take a read at it cause it directly concerns the future of Slice of Venture 3. If some of you can help us reaching the goal, that would be great ^^

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
I allow myself a bit of self-promotion:

I wrote an open post on Patreon right here:

Those of you who liked Slice of Venture 2 might want to take a read at it cause it directly concerns the future of Slice of Venture 3. If some of you can help us reaching the goal, that would be great ^^
Peakjump is a incredible artist, but the reason your patreon doesn't florish with the amount of effort you put in is simply because the fetishes you put in your games are way too crazy or fucked up and way too fucking abundant to be liked by most people. Personaly I really enjoyed the idea of making videos in SoV2 and some of the scenes involving people, but the game quickly devolved into a bestiality filled atrocity, and i sticked because of the art + hope of human scenes, and god knows I will never touch the hunter. If you want some support, how about tuning your extreme shit a bit down? You don't need to remove it, there's a fairly popular game called The manor that even though features quite a bit of bestiality still managed to make people interested, the difference between medicine and poison is the amount.

You also received continuous, consistent complaints during the whole game's existence about of unnecessarily confusing the gameplay (and guide) was. Hopefully you take those into consideration moving foward.

I'm saying this because the universe has potential if you control your obsessions by not making a whole update based on monkeys fucking someone.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
Peakjump is a incredible artist, but the reason your patreon doesn't florish with the amount of effort you put in is simply because the fetishes you put in your games are way too crazy or fucked up and way too fucking abundant to be liked by most people. Personaly I really enjoyed the idea of making videos in SoV2 and some of the scenes involving people, but the game quickly devolved into a bestiality filled atrocity, and i sticked because of the art + hope of human scenes, and god knows I will never touch the hunter. If you want some support, how about tuning your extreme shit a bit down? You don't need to remove it, there's a fairly popular game called The manor that even though features quite a bit of bestiality still managed to make people interested, the difference between medicine and poison is the amount.

You also received continuous, consistent complaints during the whole game's existence about of unnecessarily confusing the gameplay (and guide) was. Hopefully you take those into consideration moving foward.

I'm saying this because the universe has potential if you control your obsessions by not making a whole update based on monkeys fucking someone.
I have to respectfully disagree on the content part, it's what defined every game in the saga from the start. I mean, even the story is about the sisters discovering their love for animals.
And for whatever it's worth the fetishes included are rarely represented in western games, if at all, so there is a potential market for that. Much like Combin Ation's games.

Is it small? Most likely, I don't think anyone expects Ark to end up with thousands of supporters, not even him. But I also don't think it's as small as people want to believe or perceive it to be.
E.g. there's a poll on https://f95zone.to/threads/become-someone-v0-2-sasuke112.27885/ for future content, and slightly more than 1,000 people voted for zoo stuff (keep in mind we're also talking about RL zoo which most people find less tasteful than drawn art).
Also, people are less vocal about liking extreme stuff because giving someone a weird look based on that is very much a thing.

Also, regarding the Manor is "quite a bit" ~7-10 scenes? Because I don't think there's more, even if that much at all.

What I do agree with though, is the need to create more streamlined games. When you frustrate your audience, it doesn't matter how awesome one thinks an elaborate game is.

Last edited:

Ark Thompson

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2016

I am perfectly aware that the reason I'm not making tons of money is because of the fetishes present in my games. I do have some arguments though:

1) The reason I started making games was because I found that there were too few games revolving around extreme fetishes (I remind you I started making games in 2012, so back then, bestiality was something waaaaaaaaay less famous than it is today). What motivated me (and still motivates me) is being able to make the games I'd like to be able to find myself. I wouldn't have self-funded half of SoV if it wasn't out of passion.

2) PeakJump is indeed a very talented artist. Considering we've been knowing each other for more than 4 years know, I think I can speak safely in his name: If my game was like the top selling stuff (meaning vanilla stuff), I don't think he'd ever bother working with me. I do put extreme stuff in my game, but I also put classic things (heck the first pic of SoV2 is a kiss.) My games offer a variety of situations he finds challenging. So I think my content is actually a plus in having PeakJump motivated (The fact he agrees to come back for SoV3 is proof enough to me that enjoys working with me)

3) There are two kinds of developpers: Those doing it for money, those doing it out of passion. A few of them manage to do both and that's great, but most of the time it's easy to see where someone is standing. It's been a long while I've been aware that turning my games into something vanilla would boost my income. You know what? I know a way to boost it even more: Add furries in the equation. That's how you can see Breading Season was never a game made for the good reasons :p (it was zoo originally.) But am I ready to put aside what led me where I am just for the sake of money? Nope. Even if I've already been told it's a bad move ^^'

4) Even if it's not as big as many devs who arrived here way later than me, my community is what makes me live. I owe them everything and it's thank to them if I can develop naughty stuff everyday. Making a U-Turn right now would be like throwing the biggest flob to their face. Even the people not necessarily enjoying the sickest stuff tell me to keep it to not let people alter how I want things to be done. So I'm definitely not changing anything about it.

5) I'd like to mention that I don't really think what rebutes people is bestiality. It's something VERY common nowadays and you see a shittons of artists drawing their own beast pic on Pixiv even if it's not their main focus. There are tons of games with bestiality in it now. My problem is that it's just a "punishment" fetish in most cases and the games focusing on it are almost non-existant. Anyway, I think people are more rebuted by the possibility to see much more frowned upon stuff like watersports or scat...

6) Finally, you mention The Hunter. It's funny cause if you had followed a bit the development, you'd know I've implemented a fetish selector allowing players to bypass roughly 15 different fetishes if they're not interested by them. Which means that technically, someone here for the "soft" stuff, can play the game until the end without falling on anything "problematic" (I won't hide that it cuts a good amount of the scenes of course). I was actually considering implementing the same option in SoV3.

I won't come back on the complexity of SoV2, I've already released a whole post-mortem about it. Just because I one day received a message insulting me because "clicking on items in the inventory to activate them is conter-intuitive" doesn't mean I have to take people for retards. SoV2 has its flaws, I saw them too late, I learn from my mistakes. But considering the amount of people not wanting to think at all when playing by simply asking "100% save", I'd find it insulting towards the people who DO want to play to make my games just a huge corridor with dialogues and scenes in it.

I already know what I'll do with SoV3 (at least in the big lines) and I already know it will have nothing to do with SoV2. My main problem in my games is that the story serves the lewd while it should be the other way around. And that's exactly what will happen in SoV3.

Sorry for the long post, but I kow you're not the only one thinking this way so I thought I'd express my opinion in details for all the people wondering "why the hell does he keep making so niche games?". You're asking me to turn my games into something that exists by thousands while games like mine can be counted on fingers. And as someone enjoying when artists keep drawing marginal stuff no matter the views because they enjoy it, I find it natural to stay at my post even if I make some compromises like the possibility to select the visible fetishes of my games.

Last edited:

bubdup

Jan 16, 2018
5) I'd like to mention that I don't really think what rebutes people is bestiality. It's something VERY common nowadays and you see a shittons of artists drawing their own beast pic on Pixiv even if it's not their main focus. There are tons of games with bestiality in it now. My problem is that it's just a "punishment" fetish in most cases and the games focusing on it are almost non-existant. Anyway, I think people are more rebuted by the possibility to see much more frowned upon stuff like watersports or scat...
The way i see it, games nowadays tend to be more on the safe side, something that engages peoples fetishes/interests as a majority, which kinda sucks that not many of em try to broaden out to other kinks (from what ive seen, only the SOV series and The Hunter went more on the not so popular fetishes then other games).
I already know what I'll do with SoV3
Im guessing thats to do with the lore on what will happen to the sisters, or the whole entirety of the upcoming game?

Reactions: goditseb

Ark Thompson

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2016
Im guessing thats to do with the lore on what will happen to the sisters, or the whole entirety of the upcoming game?
I know both where I want to go lore-like AND where I want to go gameplay-like :p (That's stuff I've been thinking about for the past 2 years ^^')

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016
I am perfectly aware that the reason I'm not making tons of money is because of the fetishes present in my games. I do have some arguments though:

1) The reason I started making games was because I found that there were too few games revolving around extreme fetishes (I remind you I started making games in 2012, so back then, bestiality was something waaaaaaaaay less famous than it is today). What motivated me (and still motivates me) is being able to make the games I'd like to be able to find myself. I wouldn't have self-funded half of SoV if it wasn't out of passion.

2) PeakJump is indeed a very talented artist. Considering we've been knowing each other for more than 4 years know, I think I can speak safely in his name: If my game was like the top selling stuff (meaning vanilla stuff), I don't think he'd ever bother working with me. I do put extreme stuff in my game, but I also put classic things (heck the first pic of SoV2 is a kiss.) My games offer a variety of situations he finds challenging. So I think my content is actually a plus in having PeakJump motivated (The fact he agrees to come back for SoV3 is proof enough to me that enjoys working with me)

3) There are two kinds of developpers: Those doing it for money, those doing it out of passion. A few of them manage to do both and that's great, but most of the time it's easy to see where someone is standing. It's been a long while I've been aware that turning my games into something vanilla would boost my income. You know what? I know a way to boost it even more: Add furries in the equation. That's how you can see Breading Season was never a game made for the good reasons :p (it was zoo originally.) But am I ready to put aside what led me where I am just for the sake of money? Nope. Even if I've already been told it's a bad move ^^'

4) Even if it's not as big as many devs who arrived here way later than me, my community is what makes me live. I owe them everything and it's thank to them if I can develop naughty stuff everyday. Making a U-Turn right now would be like throwing the biggest flob to their face. Even the people not necessarily enjoying the sickest stuff tell me to keep it to not let people alter how I want things to be done. So I'm definitely not changing anything about it.

6) Finally, you mention The Hunter. It's funny cause if you had followed a bit the development, you'd know I've implemented a fetish selector allowing players to bypass roughly 15 different fetishes if they're not interested by them. Which means that technically, someone here for the "soft" stuff, can play the game until the end without falling on anything "problematic" (I won't hide that it cuts a good amount of the scenes of course). I was actually considering implementing the same option in SoV3.

I won't come back on the complexity of SoV2, I've already released a whole post-mortem about it. Just because I one day received a message insulting me because "clicking on items in the inventory to activate them is conter-intuitive" doesn't mean I have to take people for retards. SoV2 has its flaws, I saw them too late, I learn from my mistakes. But considering the amount of people not wanting to think at all when playing by simply asking "100% save", I'd find it insulting towards the people who DO want to play to make my games just a huge corridor with dialogues and scenes in it.

I already know what I'll do with SoV3 (at least in the big lines) and I already know it will have nothing to do with SoV2. My main problem in my games is that the story serves the lewd while it should be the other way around. And that's exactly what will happen in SoV3.

Sorry for the long post, but I kow you're not the only one thinking this way so I thought I'd express my opinion in details for all the people wondering "why the hell does he keep making so niche games?". You're asking me to turn my games into something that exists by thousands while games like mine can be counted on fingers. And as someone enjoying when artists keep drawing marginal stuff no matter the views because they enjoy it, I find it natural to stay at my post even if I make some compromises like the possibility to select the visible fetishes of my games.
I figured you would say something like this. I just want to set straight that I didn't mean you should sell out, but maybe being a bit more tactful in how you present your fucked up shit and adding more vanilla shit could actually make more people interested in, or at least cope better, with your fucked up shit and if not give them some sort of backup option. If you just want to keep your game exclusive or you don't think you should bother, then I guess I understand, even though I think it's a waste.

You shouldn't brush off complaints so easily, SoV2 was stressful to play. You don't need to put out slide shows to resolve this, just look into your daddy butakoma's games, they manage to be simple, relaxing yet still somehow interesting. Not saying you should copy him either, there are plenty of good games to take inspiration from.

deathsurfer

Sep 2, 2018

As far as sov2 is concerned I personally think it is a amazingly well thought out game not some mindless click and fap visual novel, I welcome a little bit of challenge and exploring because it is a game and it's supposed to be that way, otherwise you can just watch porn.
About the content, there is a difference between what a gamer want and what a gamer need I find the build up of sov2 just fine, I have never played extreme content game before and I was really surprised by the creative liberty(like holy shit he went there) and that is fine in game world.
Looking forward to sov3 and might support on patreon when I will get a job( I am still in college)

Lastly follow your passion ark Thompson as it is more satisfying than being a crowd pleaser.
This is my personal bias and those who disagree, I also respect your view on this

Last edited:

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
Dev could consider including couple save files to new patches of his rpgm titles since it's easy to skip an update if it meant replaying a lot of content.
It's notable that theres a large discrepancy between the amount of people asking for saves and the low frequency of them being featured on the OP which is unique to f95.
And yes the fetishes are problem due to lack of build up in intensity and diversity.

Ark Thompson

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2016
I figured you would say something like this. I just want to set straight that I didn't mean you should sell out, but maybe being a bit more tactful in how you present your fucked up shit and adding more vanilla shit could actually make more people interested in, or at least cope better, with your fucked up shit and if not give them some sort of backup option. If you just want to keep your game exclusive or you don't think you should bother, then I guess I understand, even though I think it's a waste.

You shouldn't brush off complaints so easily, SoV2 was stressful to play. You don't need to put out slide shows to resolve this, just look into your daddy butakoma's games, they manage to be simple, relaxing yet still somehow interesting. Not saying you should copy him either, there are plenty of good games to take inspiration from.
One thing I don't understand though, is how you sound like my game is really lacking of vanilla stuff. I mean, I just counted the scenes for the sake of it. I took REALLY vanilla stuff (I even didn't count futa which is definitely not hardcore in my book but still and I took NONE of Yuki Handjob/Blowjob scenes...) and I found 47 scenes, which is roughly 25%~30% of the content of the game. I'm sure that if I added borderline vanilla stuff like futanari and Yuki's scenes I've removed, I'd reach almost 40%. If I add even more vanilla (let say to reach 50/50), the problem I have is the following: vanilla content means having a certain amount of sexual possibilities. As soon as something falls outside that limit, it's not vanilla anymore. So those 50% vanilla content would be way more repetitive than the other 50% where basically anything else could go. That's also a reason why, while I put vanilla stuff in my game, it never has a more space than the hardcore stuff : you quickly make the turn of the question. When I see those games where you keep having sex in the same positions forever but the only thing that changes is the girl, I find that boring. Some people enjoy it, that's fine. But I definitely can't make a game I don't enjoy myself (or else I'd choose the easy path of mathematically make a of game of the top most grossing fetishes and that'd be it.) So the balance is not that easy between vanilla and hardcore content (also, please stop saying "fucked up shit" cause I can show you real fucked up shit that makes my games look like the most vanilla games ever :x)

As for the stress, well SoV2 has a time limit. That's like 95% of the reason it stressed people. If I just remove it, there's no problems. Thing is: it's linked to the scenario, so it's not removable. But I had understood VERY early that it was a problem for most people. I'm not brushing off complaints. I took them into accounts (even though, as I said, if I took ALL opinions into accounts, even a Visual Novel would be too difficult to play for some...). As I said I made a whole post mortem about it. I didn't post it here of course, but on Patreon, and people know perfectly my point of view on SoV2 (and most agreed). My mistake was to try something a bit original with the tools RPG Maker gave me (which is not much). This is definitely not a mistake I'm gonna make twice.

deathsurfer

Sep 2, 2018
One thing I don't understand though, is how you sound like my game is really lacking of vanilla stuff. I mean, I just counted the scenes for the sake of it. I took REALLY vanilla stuff (I even didn't count futa which is definitely not hardcore in my book but still and I took NONE of Yuki Handjob/Blowjob scenes...) and I found 47 scenes, which is roughly 25%~30% of the content of the game. I'm sure that if I added borderline vanilla stuff like futanari and Yuki's scenes I've removed, I'd reach almost 40%. If I add even more vanilla (let say to reach 50/50), the problem I have is the following: vanilla content means having a certain amount of sexual possibilities. As soon as something falls outside that limit, it's not vanilla anymore. So those 50% vanilla content would be way more repetitive than the other 50% where basically anything else could go. That's also a reason why, while I put vanilla stuff in my game, it never has a more space than the hardcore stuff : you quickly make the turn of the question. When I see those games where you keep having sex in the same positions forever but the only thing that changes is the girl, I find that boring. Some people enjoy it, that's fine. But I definitely can't make a game I don't enjoy myself (or else I'd choose the easy path of mathematically make a of game of the top most grossing fetishes and that'd be it.) So the balance is not that easy between vanilla and hardcore content (also, please stop saying "fucked up shit" cause I can show you real fucked up shit that makes my games look like the most vanilla games ever :x)

As for the stress, well SoV2 has a time limit. That's like 95% of the reason it stressed people. If I just remove it, there's no problems. Thing is: it's linked to the scenario, so it's not removable. But I had understood VERY early that it was a problem for most people. I'm not brushing off complaints. I took them into accounts (even though, as I said, if I took ALL opinions into accounts, even a Visual Novel would be too difficult to play for some...). As I said I made a whole post mortem about it. I didn't post it here of course, but on Patreon, and people know perfectly my point of view on SoV2 (and most agreed). My mistake was to try something a bit original with the tools RPG Maker gave me (which is not much). This is definitely not a mistake I'm gonna make twice.
Are you planning to use a different platform than RPG maker?
also on a different note is SOVO completed or there are future updates planned for that??

Last edited:

kiribito

Aug 14, 2016

SoV2 had multiple layers of time limits, you could get cut out of scenes you never knew existed simply by not being a clairvoydant or not being able to spot them on that complicated guide (I can already imagine you contempt, shaking your head and saying "not my fault u dumb"), that Reiko time bomb was the biggest issue, but not the only one by a long shot.

The game goes from 0 to 100 pretty fast, as you set up a slow thing with handjobs and such but then jumps from blowjobs to sex with lizards and giraffes. You can count the number of times the mcs have sex with people with one hand, and that's on the very end game.

You could say "the fault is mine for trying something original buaaaah", but I think it was just poorly executed, there's this game called akira gives some points or something like that, 100% vanilla with somewhat similar gameplay that doesn't play like a stressful chore.

It wasn't my intention to put you in the defensive, that's why I don't bother giving people criticism most of the time, they always seem to take it personally and start making excuses. I consider myself simple minded when it comes to expressing myself, I could go into detail as to what makes some of these fetishes vile to your average joe, or using 10 dollar words and writing some sort of bible around it, but it's ultimately a waste of time, as there is already a simple, fitting expression that already serves perfectly, also I don't think it would change your stance in the slightless if I elaborated further, you either take the criticism or you don't, I'm not trying to be your buddy here.

I'll refrain from commenting further, but I legitimately wish you sucess in your upcoming project.

goditseb

Apr 28, 2017
kiribito i saw many artists / projects with great content and vanilla stuff without success, but mediocre games with ton of supporters, you make it pretty easy to call " because the fetishes you put in your games are way too crazy or fucked up " sorry but you are totally wrong here..

Don't get me wrong, you are right on some points, SoV2 was really ! REALLY ! nerve wrecking with the recipe function ( i even did criticize it here Ark Thompson did say, he just wanted to try something new and did acknowledge it ) also some of the scenes were repetitive ( same handjob dozen times.. ). As i know, he will go back to roots and wont use that recipe function again ( but i am not sure ).

I am really confident SoV3 will be much better and we will get his set goal, so Peakjump can join again, LOVE his artwork !!!

:love::love:

Last edited:
Reactions: arenas8

Fleabag

Aug 2, 2018
As far as sov2 is concerned I personally think it is a amazingly well thought out game not some mindless click and fap visual novel, I welcome a little bit of challenge and exploring because it is a game and it's supposed to be that way, otherwise you can just watch porn.
About the content, there is a difference between what a gamer want and what a gamer need I find the build up of sov2 just fine, I have never played extreme content game before and I was really surprised by the creative liberty(like holy shit he went there) and that is fine in game world.
Looking forward to sov3 and might support on patreon when I will get a job( I am still in college)

Lastly follow your passion ark Thompson as it is more satisfying than being a crowd pleaser.
This is my personal bias and those who disagree, I also respect your view on this
I can answer you the same way: want to play - play in usual games. I think that a lot of people here are for story, not for gameplay and exectly not for challenge. Porn doesn't give you story, it's too artificial.

Reactions: blarg0192

deathsurfer

Sep 2, 2018
I can answer you the same way: want to play - play in usual games. I think that a lot of people here are for story, not for gameplay and exectly not for challenge. Porn doesn't give you story, it's too artificial.
Well I wanted to to play adult theme game because just like you pointed out porn doessn't give you a story. If I just give you the scenes and dialogue of this game, it will be lackluster, figuring out how to see them is more satisfying.
I am the guy who prefers roundscape adorevia over milfy city but hey that's me, there is room for everyone, and everyone is free to play what they want to play.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018
could i get a 100% save file? i did find one posted but that one doesn't work for me, is there another save file location that i might not know of besides inside the game files?

Gutsandguts

Dec 9, 2017
So people didn't like the recipe thing? I actually quite liked it to be honest, it made it exciting to know that I was going to be able to unlock that particular thing. Any time ass worked that got me hyped.

The only thing I would have liked more of was more lesbian content and more human penis in vagina/ass sex, mostly because it felt odd that you could do so much of everything else but they wouldn't screw people.

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes