HTML Sluttown USA: Hometown Corruption [v0.38] [AmusingOddity]

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes

Synful62

Jun 21, 2018
For some reason none of the pic's are loading now after the update.Any idea why? I tried a fresh install,not helping.

malcolmalbie

Oct 8, 2018
Noticed an error in the console (not in-game)
Code:
Error: cannot find a closing tag for macro <<if>>    <<if $dONFail is 1>>…
and noticed that you used <<if when you wanted <<elseif or missed an <</if>> at the end in
Code:
:: DoubleOrNothingTest {"position":"4241,328","size":"100,100"}
<<if $dONFail is 1>>\
    <<goto "DoubleOrNothingFail">>
<<if $dONCount is 3>>\
    <<goto "DoubleOrNothingWin">>
<</if>>

AcTePuKc

Dec 2, 2020
The person doing this game has to finally realize how to use variables so instead of constantly seeing the name of the India (when appropriate) to see Landlord or the chosen from the "wan...player" :)
after digging into the code - he defined them in the beginning with

&lt;&lt;set $Llo to $llo.toUpperFirst()&gt;&gt;&lt;&lt;set $Ll to $ll.toUpperFirst()&gt;&gt; viewed in VS Code/F12 or
<<set $Llo to $llo.toUpperFirst()>><<set $Ll to $ll.toUpperFirst()>> as viewed in the twine 2 editor

- but then started to use the names as variables eg. "India" ... for India, "Karlie" for Karlie :) etc ... so that's why the names are so F*ed up ...

I might be wrong maybe something with my relationship file didn't save but I will test later to try and figure this out. Anyone with more free time or knowledge can suggest how to "fix" that :D or if the AmusingOdity is monitoring this thread, it could fix that stuff ...
A fix->

Please make the following changes in the HTML document using a text editor:

1. Find "$youLL" and replace it with "$Ll". This will replace all instances of "youLL" with the word you've chosen such as Landlord, Mom, Sexy Lady, etc.
2. Then look for " LL " and replace it with "$ll" (became landlord). Also, replace " $Ll," with "$ll," and " LL." with "$ll." and " $LL!" with " $ll!". Ll! $ll I&" to "Ll! $Ll I&"
3. You can skip changing "$fTen" and "$mTen". He also at least uses "$unN" from time to time.
4. If you want to attempt replacing "$name" with "$mTen", please note that it will also replace more than needed. It's not suggested to use Replace All for this. Stick to the above replacements to cover almost all instances of "India's name" with your preferred choice such as mom, landlord, the best ass, etc.
5. What is her husband's relationship (to) with you and Karlee: and What is Karlee's relationship to her:
aunt has to be the same - so this is equal to - $aRomi instead of unN which ... huh just replace $aRomi with $unN - for aroma :) nah you know for what

6. Lastly, I believe this code can(t) be fixed eventually. :(

For the lazy ones - (me included) there is an attached file that you could extract and rename/replace in the game folder with some of the above changes.

Last edited:

Biceptual

May 21, 2018
It's been a few versions since I played. Now I can't figure out how to use the bus pass to get to the warehouse. The transit map comes up, but there doesn't seem to be any hotspot to click to travel.

AcTePuKc

Dec 2, 2020
It's been a few versions since I played. Now I can't figure out how to use the bus pass to get to the warehouse. The transit map comes up, but there doesn't seem to be any hotspot to click to travel.
Some things have been changed - me as well looked strange, but don't worry - just play the game and you'll figure it out (hint do other quests ;) and it will unlock in the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Biceptual

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
For some reason none of the pic's are loading now after the update.Any idea why? I tried a fresh install,not helping.
Oh thank god I thought I was the only one, I have been going crazy trying to get them to work
What does your unpacked folder look like? It should be "Sluttown USA", inside that should be the HTML file and the "Images" folder. In "Images" you should have "People" "Dreams" "Icons" etc.

I cant progress penny's contents. When i press to stock boy and leave i get black screnn.
Here is my save.
Looks like you somehow managed to skip over the intro part for the stock boy job so her story variable didn't set correctly. I reset it, should be able to continue now.

The person doing this game has to finally realize how to use variables so instead of constantly seeing the name of the India (when appropriate) to see Landlord or the chosen from the "wan...player" :)
after digging into the code - he defined them in the beginning with

&lt;&lt;set $Llo to $llo.toUpperFirst()&gt;&gt;&lt;&lt;set $Ll to $ll.toUpperFirst()&gt;&gt; viewed in VS Code/F12 or
<<set $Llo to $llo.toUpperFirst()>><<set $Ll to $ll.toUpperFirst()>> as viewed in the twine 2 editor

- but then started to use the names as variables eg. "India" ... for India, "Karlie" for Karlie :) etc ... so that's why the names are so F*ed up ...

I might be wrong maybe something with my relationship file didn't save but I will test later to try and figure this out. Anyone with more free time or knowledge can suggest how to "fix" that :D or if the AmusingOdity is monitoring this thread, it could fix that stuff ...
A fix->

Please make the following changes in the HTML document using a text editor:

1. Find "$youLL" and replace it with "$Ll". This will replace all instances of "youLL" with the word you've chosen such as Landlord, Mom, Sexy Lady, etc.
2. Then look for " LL " and replace it with "$ll" (became landlord). Also, replace " $Ll," with "$ll," and " LL." with "$ll." and " $LL!" with " $ll!". Ll! $ll I&" to "Ll! $Ll I&"
3. You can skip changing "$fTen" and "$mTen". He also at least uses "$unN" from time to time.
4. If you want to attempt replacing "$name" with "$mTen", please note that it will also replace more than needed. It's not suggested to use Replace All for this. Stick to the above replacements to cover almost all instances of "India's name" with your preferred choice such as mom, landlord, the best ass, etc.
5. What is her husband's relationship (to) with you and Karlee: and What is Karlee's relationship to her:
aunt has to be the same - so this is equal to - $aRomi instead of unN which ... huh just replace $aRomi with $unN - for aroma :) nah you know for what

6. Lastly, I believe this code can(t) be fixed eventually. :(

For the lazy ones - (me included) there is an attached file that you could extract and rename/replace in the game folder with some of the above changes.
$ll is the general relationship variable. $youLL defines what MC and Karlee call her.

When setting $youLL I ask. What do you and $karlee call her? So then my version reads as.
You walk into the kitchen and see your $ll(Landlady) standing at the stove.

"Hey $youLL (India/Stepmom/Landlady), what's for breakfast?"

Your version locks it to being the relationship title, Landlady. Which isn't exactly wrong I guess, but no one in rel life calls his Landlady "Landlady". You just call them Mary or whatever.

AspiringShame

Feb 2, 2017
What does your unpacked folder look like? It should be "Sluttown USA", inside that should be the HTML file and the "Images" folder. In "Images" you should have "People" "Dreams" "Icons" etc.
So I extract all four packs into the Sluttown USA folder simultaneously using 7-zip and it asks if I want to replace certain files. It doesn't matter whether I say yes or no or to rename, it all results in the game not showing all the images, only some of them. I also tried to extract each pack individually then merging them all into a singular folder manually but same issue, have to replace files or not and regardless of choice, the game only shows like half the images. All the folders are there as far as I'm aware, Dreams, Icons, Locations, Misc, Nav, People and Shop.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
So I extract all four packs into the Sluttown USA folder simultaneously using 7-zip and it asks if I want to replace certain files. It doesn't matter whether I say yes or no or to rename, it all results in the game not showing all the images, only some of them. I also tried to extract each pack individually then merging them all into a singular folder manually but same issue, have to replace files or not and regardless of choice, the game only shows like half the images. All the folders are there as far as I'm aware, Dreams, Icons, Locations, Misc, Nav, People and Shop.
Huh, sounds like one of the packs got corrupted maybe? If you have Karlee in your "People" folder, it means pack 1 extracted fine. If you have Abella in your "People" folder, it means pack 2 extracted fine. If you have Hack in your "People" folder, it means pack 3 extracted fine. If you're missing one of them, that pack is the culprit. If you let me know, I'll make a fresh upload of that pack.

AmusingOddity

Game Developer
May 11, 2021
India: Talk with Veronica at the Model Home. <==== stuck on this quest. T T
The path got bugged out because India and Veronica got out of sync. If you pull the bugfix from the front page and sleep once it will roll you back a few steps so they are back in sync. I think I found where the desync happens and put a blocker to keep it from happening again.

Thanks for the heads up.

13h12

Nov 19, 2017
Ok, im not sure if im either bugged or what. But i cannot get anywhere with Karlee.

1723701591419.png

And when i try to talk to her, i get this and cant seem to move forward. I've looked everywhere to find clothes but cant seem to find anything.

1723704048699.png

Any hints would be good at this point. As the ingame guide isn't very helpful for this

1723704180092.png

Biceptual

May 21, 2018
Enjoying this very much. I especially like the feminization of Elliot. It would be cool if you could do that with Hector, too, or some other guy. Maybe AJ gets a new guy and you feminize him.

3.60 star(s) 26 Votes