qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
I'm still saving another playthough for when more content gets added, but I'll note a few tidbidts.

1: The character bios in the library are in a niceably smaller font than the usual stuff in the textbox. It's not terrible, but since it's also a wall of text, still below my usual preference. Funnily enough, many games are actually worse at this, so I just click through and check the log. But since this game doesn't have a log, it actually stands out.

2: Starting the game off the extra save still cracks me up no matter how many times I do it. Just the sequence of starting the game outside the boss door, and then having to treck back to sleep on all the stat increases + bath is really funny to me.

3: The bathhouse grab attacks selector (as opposed to scenes selector) lacks a "no" option to back out. Also, I don't understand the reasoning for using a separate sprite for every color and scene when each one ends up with only a single choice, since the four 'Human Enemy (Female)' sprites for example could have easily been combined into one instead of four.

4: Any info on when the Plum content is coming? It's been there in the Cycle Town since the beginning. I'm curious about how completed the town as a whole is as well, actually, if you don't mind.

PS: I went to sleep in the orc encampment, and got myself stuck on the bed. Yay for RPGMaker bugs.
PPS: Nvm its repeatable.

Last edited:
Reactions: BackAlley-GYC

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
This looks promising, let me know if you need a Mac tester
Thank you for checking out the game, I’m glad you liked it!

Honestly, I haven’t had a single request for a Mac version yet, but as the game gets more complete I’ll absolutely keep you in mind. :)(y)

I'm still saving another playthough for when more content gets added, but I'll note a few tidbidts.

1: The character bios in the library are in a niceably smaller font than the usual stuff in the textbox. It's not terrible, but since it's also a wall of text, still below my usual preference. Funnily enough, many games are actually worse at this, so I just click through and check the log. But since this game doesn't have a log, it actually stands out.

2: Starting the game off the extra save still cracks me up no matter how many times I do it. Just the sequence of starting the game outside the boss door, and then having to treck back to sleep on all the stat increases + bath is really funny to me.

3: The bathhouse grab attacks selector (as opposed to scenes selector) lacks a "no" option to back out. Also, I don't understand the reasoning for using a separate sprite for every color and scene when each one ends up with only a single choice, since the four 'Human Enemy (Female)' sprites for example could have easily been combined into one instead of four.

4: Any info on when the Plum content is coming? It's been there in the Cycle Town since the beginning. I'm curious about how completed the town as a whole is as well, actually, if you don't mind.

PS: I went to sleep in the orc encampment, and got myself stuck on the bed. Yay for RPGMaker bugs.

PPS: Nvm its repeatable.
qwerqwer1Q thanks for sticking around! :D

1) I agree, I was trying to keep them short and sweet as to not over explain (or worse, spoil) the characters/story events they are attached to … but there’s only so much space on the screen and i have so much to say :cry:

I could add more pages to each character profile and make the text larger – more like a Skyrim book – with the option to skip to the next character profile as well as just the next page. I’ll workshop it and see if I can get the bios to look better.

2) Haha, that’s the first time it’s been brought up and wow, I can’t believe I didn’t realise that when you spend your points you need to rest to “regain” the new health. Whoopsie.

I can’t really move the new save point right now as it’s what people use to blow through Par-More and get to the “new stuff” quicker, but I think that as the game gets more completed I’ll just move the save straight to Cycle town and the next sequence, skipping the boss entirely. Thanks for pointing that out!

3) Eh, it makes for more content, while keeping the scenes separate – would be the quick answer.
Eventually, I do intend to have the bathhouse just chock-full of every enemy in the game, at which point I’ll probably go back to having the entire grab list-per-enemy as a single sprite with choices, but for now it makes the place look a bit livelier.

Also yes – I think a “No” option in there would be just the ticket.

4) Well, now that the “Art Update is officially over I can now return to making “New Stuff”. So, I update the game every month, which gives me 2 weeks to work on new things for the game, and 2 weeks to update the older art.

As for the Town itself,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So yeah, plenty of content planned there.

And a Bug in the Orc camp – say no more!
Also, for those getting stuck, I introduced a new spell in version 003 (F) that allows you to teleport home, so you can keep your save file going even after getting stuck.

Thanks for the comments qwerqwer1Q & kcoope89 !
Happy easter! :cool:(y)

KangarooKyle

Feb 9, 2024
maybe I'm just a noob, but why do my saves never work with some games? like I save properly, multiple times, I close the game, and the next time I open it its like opening it for the first time again.
I have the same problem with loads of games, never found the problem

whittle

Dec 18, 2023
Just spitballing here, but some ideas are:

You're trying to save in a folder that requires higher User rights (or perhaps trying to save on a cloud dive)
You're trying to save in a folder that's set to read only (though in this case RPGMV generally won't follow through with a save and will instead make an error sound)
You're running a VM that's set up on a separate virtual drive (more of a thing with games that save to Local or LocalLow)
Something on your computer has goofed up the dependencies required for writing to disk
And finally, there's some kind of disk error involved (though this would be very noticeable outside of just RPGMV games)

Reactions: BackAlley-GYC

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hello all!

Just giving you a progress update;

I’ve spent the past couple of weeks solely getting the new RPG Maker official battle system into the game. The new battle system is working like a charm, I absolutely adore the amount of new features and bug fixes it adds to the game, but naturally it is taking some time to implement, due to all the new script functions that I had to learn/relearn and then having to apply that to each and every fight currently in game.

For my subscribers, I’m releasing a test version next week to get feedback and see how it plays, but the next official release of SnakeByte Blue isn’t until 29th of May.

This is to give me time enough to put transfer all the fights in the game into the new system, as well as finally create some new content in the form of “the Battle of Cycle Town”, Act 1’s finale.

That also means that I’m delaying the public release of 0.0.3 (F) until then, just so free users will have something on 0.0.4 (a)’s release day too.

I’ll be checking back in here from time to time just to give general progress updates.

Much love!
:cool:(y)

Reactions: DarkOg13 and HikkiG
4.80 star(s) 6 Votes