Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
I played summertime before this game and I was looking for another fix of something similar. I came across this game and had high hopes, and at the beginning everything seemed fine. Started at 3/5 then when I heard there was voice acting it became 4/5. But during mid game I noticed that the art during the sex scenes were a bit different, and when Day 4 of the game came it felt like it was another game altogether. The Day 5 scenes was far different from the rest and it was supposed to be the culmination of everything. Everyone, except maybe Sarah's scenes, almost didn't look like them. I had to give it a 2/5 at the end.

So my question is, why are those scenes so different from the in game models? Did the developer use two artists for the game, one for the models and another for the scenes?

PS: I guess it's true, once you play Summertime Saga first the rest becomes 2nd fiddle. Summertime Saga spoils you too much.
I think you got here with the wrong mindset. This game is nothing like SS and it doesn't pretend it either.

Rambling Noob

Aug 30, 2018
I think you got here with the wrong mindset. This game is nothing like SS and it doesn't pretend it either.
Oh i'm not necessarily comparing them to be honest, rather there is one point I guess I noticed between the two. My main concern and question is the image quality disparity between the models and the scenes in the game itself. That's why i'm asking if anyone can clear it up if the developer used 2 separate artists during the production of the game. (Which is where the comparison comes up where SS is being drawn by a single person hence maintaining the quality throughout)

geemergary

Aug 12, 2017
I played summertime before this game and I was looking for another fix of something similar. I came across this game and had high hopes, and at the beginning everything seemed fine. Started at 3/5 then when I heard there was voice acting it became 4/5. But during mid game I noticed that the art during the sex scenes were a bit different, and when Day 4 of the game came it felt like it was another game altogether. The Day 5 scenes was far different from the rest and it was supposed to be the culmination of everything. Everyone, except maybe Sarah's scenes, almost didn't look like them. I had to give it a 2/5 at the end.

So my question is, why are those scenes so different from the in game models? Did the developer use two artists for the game, one for the models and another for the scenes?

PS: I guess it's true, once you play Summertime Saga first the rest becomes 2nd fiddle. Summertime Saga spoils you too much.
Yes, the game did change artists a couple of times through development. If you go a few posts up or visit the SubscribeStar page CypressZeta has discussed that in addition to adding the bonus day to help the story transition into the sequal Tropical Daze, his team is working on making the art more consistent across the entire game. I've expressed on his pages my hopes that the enslavement day 5 scenes especially will get some love. It seemed like they were somewhat rushed out at the end because CypressZeta wanted to finish the game and move on to a new project, but I have no specific info on whether that's what happened.

Reactions: Rambling Noob

Rambling Noob

Aug 30, 2018
Thank you for clearing that up. It was really noticeable at the end which took away some of the enjoyment. The artist for the game models was great, if they used him for all the arts the game would have been a solid 5/5 for me.

May 4, 2019
Pretty sure the appeal of preggo is it serves as a reminder to your lizard brain that you've carried on your duty to the species: You've propagated.
With incest stuff it's also one of the most extreme taboos. It definitely shouldn't happen because of the social taboo and it fucks with DNA.

Jan 12, 2020
Edit: Added screenshots to illustrate my point about the inconsistent art.

Finished the game today. Here's my takeaway:

Pros:
+ Excellent voice acting. This game is filthy even by h-game standards, and I'm not talking about just the incest aspect. The dialogue is extremely raunchy with phrases like 'I'm your anal-loving buttslut' and 'make me cum my brains out', and the voice actresses deliver those lines with such passion that it's hard to not be turned on.
+ Good variety of characters with strong personalities. In the beginning all the characters feel pretty unlikable, but that just makes it more rewarding and hot when their barriers start breaking under Jason's hypnosis.

Cons:
- Like Rambling Noob said, the art style is very inconsistent. The sprites look great, but the pictures in the actual h-scenes look like they were drawn by a completely different artist. I liked the Sarah buttjob scene, but other than that the h-stuff was very disappointing. Especially the scenes with Noelle looked nothing like her sprite. Here's a comparison showing the art discrepancy:
NoelleSprite.png
NoelleHCG.png

The anatomy isn't horrible but you can see a noticeable change with the facial features and proportions. Noelle's breasts and thighs grew, her shoulders are broader, the arms have more muscle... she just looks bigger in general and doesn't have the same aura as the character sprite. This is a consistent problem with the H-scenes in this game.

- Jason's hypnosis shenanigans get a bit repetitive. It's cool to see a couple times how he puts his siblings / mom in a trance, but having the same thing happen like 30 in the game gets boring. We get it, he puts them in a trance with music, we don't need to read about the process every single time, just get to the interesting part.

Overall:
This is a decent game that could have been great if the h-scenes looked as good as the character sprites. I loved the voice actresses and I hope to hear them again in other h-games. I'm not usually into hypnosis as I'm a pretty vanilla type guy, but I still enjoyed the story of this game because although it was raunchy as hell, it didn't feel too mean-spirited or rapey in spite of the subject matter.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Finished the game today. Here's my takeaway:

Pros:
+ Excellent voice acting. This game is filthy even by h-game standards, and I'm not talking about just the incest aspect. The dialogue is extremely raunchy with phrases like 'I'm your anal-loving buttslut' and 'make me cum my brains out', and the voice actresses deliver those lines with such passion that it's hard to not be turned on.
+ Good variety of characters with strong personalities. In the beginning all the characters feel pretty unlikable, but that just makes it more rewarding and hot when their barriers start breaking under Jason's hypnosis.

Cons:
- Like Rambling Noob said, the art style is very inconsistent. The sprites look great, but the pictures in the actual h-scenes look like they were drawn by a completely different artist. I won't say the anatomy is necessarily bad, but the faces are definitely off and the overall presentation just didn't feel sexy to me. I liked the Sarah buttjob scene, but other than that the h-stuff was very disappointing. Especially the scenes with Noelle looked nothing like her sprite.
- Jason's hypnosis shenanigans get a bit repetitive. It's cool to see a couple times how he puts his siblings / mom in a trance, but having the same thing happen like 30 in the game gets boring. We get it, he puts them in a trance with music, we don't need to read about the process every single time, just get to the interesting part.

Overall:
This is a decent game that could have been great if the h-scenes looked as good as the character sprites. I loved the voice actresses and I hope to hear them again in other h-games. I'm not usually into hypnosis as I'm a pretty vanilla type guy, but I still enjoyed the story of this game because although it was raunchy as hell, it didn't feel too mean-spirited or rapey in spite of the subject matter.
You should scroll to the top, click the stars, and add this as a review.

Also, some pictures demonstrating your points would be good.

Reactions: Gaboris

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018

It’s not summertime. I actually played summertime BECAUSE OF this game.

I agree with everything you said. Everything. I’ve been saying this for at least a year now.

The final days and the sec scenes are not good art wise

f4f4

Jul 4, 2018
Is this the only place they are active at?

Their last post was on dec 14. Their patreon turned family friendly (sighs). Theres nothing new on their itchio.
I see theres someone active on the cypresszeta twitter, but theres nothing regarding tropicalDaze.
WTF mane :cry: The snowdaze DLC was supposed to drop on December along with some TropicalDaze previews. Fuck its been over 3 months and nothing </3

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Is this the only place they are active at?

Their last post was on dec 14. Their patreon turned family friendly (sighs). Theres nothing new on their itchio.
I see theres someone active on the cypresszeta twitter, but theres nothing regarding tropicalDaze.
WTF mane :cry: The snowdaze DLC was supposed to drop on December along with some TropicalDaze previews. Fuck its been over 3 months and nothing </3
They're still the exact same team, it's just that they can't talk about it anymore, but everything works the same way.

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
Yes, the game did change artists a couple of times through development. If you go a few posts up or visit the SubscribeStar page CypressZeta has discussed that in addition to adding the bonus day to help the story transition into the sequal Tropical Daze, his team is working on making the art more consistent across the entire game. I've expressed on his pages my hopes that the enslavement day 5 scenes especially will get some love. It seemed like they were somewhat rushed out at the end because CypressZeta wanted to finish the game and move on to a new project, but I have no specific info on whether that's what happened.
I’d just want to talk about this a it more.

If you were following the game while it was in development it’s rveb worse than it sounds.

There were MANY delays, and fake release dates. I think it was something like a full year of delay. There was a “half release” with barely any content. We waited even longer.

Then the “final release” happened. If to as buggy. There was a drop off in quality in oregyy much every respect and we got those art assets that are worse than anything in the game! It was also buggy, it would crash, and it had none the “extras” present now. That’s what we got. Also the gaiety didn’t work and to my understanding STILL doesn’t work.

There were like 3 more “final” releases. NONE OF THEM RESOLVED THE BIG ISSUES! The art assets for the final days are still bad. It still crashes. The gallery still doesn’t work. We got post ending fine t that has UNDINISHED ART.

To say that he rushed the ending is an understatement. He basically dropped the game after day 4 and charged full price for it.

• Wow

Rambling Noob

Aug 30, 2018
I’d just want to talk about this a it more.

If you were following the game while it was in development it’s rveb worse than it sounds.

There were MANY delays, and fake release dates. I think it was something like a full year of delay. There was a “half release” with barely any content. We waited even longer.

Then the “final release” happened. If to as buggy. There was a drop off in quality in oregyy much every respect and we got those art assets that are worse than anything in the game! It was also buggy, it would crash, and it had none the “extras” present now. That’s what we got. Also the gaiety didn’t work and to my understanding STILL doesn’t work.

There were like 3 more “final” releases. NONE OF THEM RESOLVED THE BIG ISSUES! The art assets for the final days are still bad. It still crashes. The gallery still doesn’t work. We got post ending fine t that has UNDINISHED ART.

To say that he rushed the ending is an understatement. He basically dropped the game after day 4 and charged full price for it.
Oh wow, is that what happened before? Damn I'm glad I wasn't there during the wait and being let down like that in the end. I've played with H-games before but I only recently came across this type of games and I've been hooked. But looking at games like these (2dcg western/eastern hybrids) makes me worried for the fate of the others still in development as well. I'm eyeing a few games here and I hope they don't turn as bad as Snow Daze in the end.

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
Oh wow, is that what happened before? Damn I'm glad I wasn't there during the wait and being let down like that in the end. I've played with H-games before but I only recently came across this type of games and I've been hooked. But looking at games like these (2dcg western/eastern hybrids) makes me worried for the fate of the others still in development as well. I'm eyeing a few games here and I hope they don't turn as bad as Snow Daze in the end.

This was my first western H game too coincidentally. I got here by searching on vndb. Lol I was looking for characters of a certain type, and found Jane.

There are some who are annoying, and might have bouts of laziness but very few are THIS bad. In fact I don’t think I’ve encountered one that does quite what this guy does. There are a few that are extremely consistent and set deadline Ana’s make them always, barring an emergency.

This guy has a...nickname. That is kinda racist and offensive. It has to do with money grubbing. But he earned it from his reputation. He’s kinda notorious so this..it may not be the worst your ever gonna get, but it’s up there.

Other games have delays, or times when the patron has to be halted. Very few each the level of this guy and even if there are delays and whatnot, they usually maintain quality.

Usually the people in the topic will inform you...rather enthusiastically if the dev is fucking up so don’t worry too much.

Rambling Noob

Aug 30, 2018
This was my first western H game too coincidentally. I got here by searching on vndb. Lol I was looking for characters of a certain type, and found Jane.

There are some who are annoying, and might have bouts of laziness but very few are THIS bad. In fact I don’t think I’ve encountered one that does quite what this guy does. There are a few that are extremely consistent and set deadline Ana’s make them always, barring an emergency.

This guy has a...nickname. That is kinda racist and offensive. It has to do with money grubbing. But he earned it from his reputation. He’s kinda notorious so this..it may not be the worst your ever gonna get, but it’s up there.

Other games have delays, or times when the patron has to be halted. Very few each the level of this guy and even if there are delays and whatnot, they usually maintain quality.

Usually the people in the topic will inform you...rather enthusiastically if the dev is fucking up so don’t worry too much.
That's good to know. I guess one of the things that initially made me gravitate Snow Daze was the fact that it was already done unlike the others who are in development. But I guess just because it's done doesn't mean it's good. And if the Dev was really that shady then that's worse because it might taint others from actually donating to others out there who are actually good at making their own games. That's why i'm looking to a lot of varied games here just so other Devs can implement their updates for their games.

Rambling Noob

Aug 30, 2018
some snow daze pictures new vs old
For me the sprites was never an issue. Looking at that Sarah redesign the changes is minimal, and even the old pics are nice because it's the early days in the game, but the day 4 and 5 changes are just really apparent. Thanks for sharing though.

Last edited:

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
Anyone know of that artist is involved in other projects? Cuz I probably wouldn’t have played this game if not for their designs and art. It doesn’t seem like tropical daze has the same artist

geemergary

Aug 12, 2017
Anyone know of that artist is involved in other projects? Cuz I probably wouldn’t have played this game if not for their designs and art. It doesn’t seem like tropical daze has the same artist
The original, stand-in, art was done by Cypress himself. None of that art remains, because Cypress will be the first to say it wasn't very good, and was always meant to be a stand in. The early CG pencils and inks (I don't know about the sprites), was done by FreeGlass ( ). I don't believe FreeGlass is doing art for any other games presently.

Reactions: WOMANpukumaru

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
The original, stand-in, art was done by Cypress himself. None of that art remains, because Cypress will be the first to say it wasn't very good, and was always meant to be a stand in. The early CG pencils and inks (I don't know about the sprites), was done by FreeGlass ( ). I don't believe FreeGlass is doing art for any other games presently.
I definitely didn’t mean the oogibal art. I actually meant to say how bad it was. The original designs were....well, not good st the very least.

Shame about FreeGlass though.

4.30 star(s) 121 Votes