Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,405 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,314 17.4%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,710 36.0%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,071 27.5%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,821 24.2%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,573 20.9%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,366 31.4%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,682 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 753 10.0%

• Total voters

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

mc stats/gold // scores

View attachment 1553489 View attachment 1553490

choices detection/outcome

View attachment 1553488

replay/secret picture gallery - unlocked for 0.3.5

extract attached rep gall unlo.zip file into mainfolder - overwrite if asked

gui/text color changed

View attachment 1704030 View attachment 1704025
View attachment 1704046 View attachment 1703991

extract attached text color.zip into mainfolder overwrite if asked
(make backup maybe of gui.rpy and screens.rpy located at *\game folder first)
(should work with future updates if the dev not change something about gui)
instruction how and where to change color included

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

how to use : Link

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut -->

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> Link

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)
Update for 0.3.5

incl gall unlocked

Reactions: Balu83

myukimo

Nov 18, 2021
Is the blacksmith scene in this update? I have three points but it doesn't appear or I don't know if I did something wrong o_O

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Can you play this game without playing Sandstorm and enjoy it?
Yes, you can still play this without playing SandStorm. Dev made it be very stand-alone, despite it still being the sequel to that game.

However having said that, to get the most out of this game, I'd still recommend to go through SandStorm first (and SandStorm is great).

Reactions: vogelbeest

IDontGetWomen

Sep 9, 2021
Can someone please explain what I'm missing or if it's just end of content? I'm just stuck in a cabin with it saying "It's tuesday" and then the only option is "Return" which just loops continously.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Can someone please explain what I'm missing or if it's just end of content? I'm just stuck in a cabin with it saying "It's tuesday" and then the only option is "Return" which just loops continously.
I think your save is broken

Last edited:

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
She is giving you a harem (with her included), do you really want her to stop?
I think in terms of characterization, the issue with Candrid is that she always seems to be on the default "trickster" mode all the time we see her.

As said by the MC, she's always playing her games, and there just doesn't seem to be any serious moments with her (from what we've seen so far).
Early on in the beginning of the game, it was somewhat amusing gimmick to her character, but if she doesn't have more to offer other than that, it just feels her character is so incredibly skewed to one side (lacking depth, compared to other clans' LIs, or even other BB LIs like Sonja & Yrsa).

And tbh, I'm not sure whether this is just me, but I think it would have been better if Yrsa would have gotten the Affinity boost by +1 if player chose MC to tell her that it was Candrid's plan (so choosing to keep MC's mouth shut leads to +1 Affinity with Candrid, whereas disclosing it to Yrsa leads to +1 Affinity with Yrsa).
MC telling Yrsa "You're the one I trust the most" (which only appears when MC chooses to disclose it was Candrid's plan, and not when he keeps it a secret) I think it would have fit better with Yrsa getting that affinity point (in Candrid's place. Vise versa if alternative is chosen)

Though meh, I guess I'm not too heavily affected by this given Bears never were my favorite clan out of the three (Dark Ravens all the way for me, even though I will continue going through all 3 clans' routes)

Last edited:

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
I think in terms of characterization, the issue with Candrid is that she always seems to be on the default "trickster" mode all the time we see her.

As said by the MC, she's always playing her games, and there just doesn't seem to be any serious moments with her (from what we've seen so far).
I think that is because she has a big plan and, as you can see, doesn't trust anyone besides herself. I think it will take a while for Candrid to actually starting trusting the MC and opening to him. An example of that is the fact that she is the only Main Heroine that still hasn't a sex scene with the MC.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
An example of that is the fact that she is the only Main Heroine that still hasn't a sex scene with the MC.
Uh, I don't think I agree with this example tbh. Sure, out of Astrja, Nox and her, she's the only one who hasn't had the vaginal sex yet, but if we exclude that one aspect, I'd say she's had the most lewd/sexual content compared to the other two (Blowjob in the beginning, then Boobjob, Cunnilingus, Handjob and more).

And if it were me, if she suddenly starts expressing seriousness and trusting MC just cause they had the full sex, it's gonna feel a bit like a flip of a switch all too sudden.
It would feel much more natural if she started showing such trait from early on, so it shows that she opens up to the MC little by little building up their relationship.

Instead, at this point, it feels like she's locked in on the "trickster" mode.
And some people do like her that way I understand (different strokes for different folks, I guess) but for me, she just seems to lack the degree of gravitas that seems to exist in other characters (not just main LIs, but also all the other side LIs as well).

Of course, I hope to be proven wrong (more in-depth characterization of LIs is always welcome), but from what we've seen so far, I'm not too optimistic about her evolving past "just the trickster girl" in terms of her persona.

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Since SOMEbody is slacking off :D and not updating the Walkthrough mod, I thought I would go ahead and share my variant. Since I went through the trouble of bringing it up to date for my Android port and all. I'm not 100% sure I caught every little nuance of the game, so if there is something that you think I missed please let me know.

Mod updated for game version 0.6 DR:
NOTE once again, this is a significant rewrite and I'm not going to pretend that I'm perfect, so something might have been missed.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Early on in the beginning of the game, it was somewhat amusing gimmick to her character, but if she doesn't have more to offer other than that, it just feels her character is so incredibly skewed to one side (lacking depth, compared to other clans' LIs, or even other BB LIs like Sonja & Yrsa).

And tbh, I'm not sure whether this is just me, but I think it would have been better if Yrsa would have gotten the Affinity boost by +1 if player chose to MC to tell her that it was Candrid's plan (so choosing to keep MC's mouth shut leads to +1 Affinity with Candrid, whereas disclosing it to Yrsa leads to +1 Affinity with Yrsa).
MC telling Yrsa "You're the one I trust the most" (which only appears when MC chooses to disclose it was Candrid's plan, and not when he keeps it a secret) I think it would have fit better with Yrsa getting that affinity point (in Candrid's place. Vise versa if alternative is chosen)

Though meh, I guess I'm not too heavily affected by this given Bears never were my favorite clan out of the three (Dark Ravens all the way for me, even though I will continue going through all 3 clans' routes)
I think that is because she has a big plan and, as you can see, doesn't trust anyone besides herself. I think it will take a while for Candrid to actually starting trusting the MC and opening to him. An example of that is the fact that she is the only Main Heroine that still hasn't a sex scene with the MC.
Uh, I don't think I agree with this example tbh. Sure, out of Astrja, Nox and her, she's the only one who hasn't had the vaginal sex yet, but if we exclude that one aspect, I'd say she's had the most lewd/sexual content compared to the other two (Blowjob in the beginning, then Boobjob, Cunnilingus, Handjob and more).

And if it were me, if she suddenly starts expressing seriousness and trusting MC just cause they had the full sex, it's gonna feel a bit like a flip of a switch all too sudden.
It would feel much more natural if she started showing such trait from early on, so it shows that she opens up to the MC little by little building up their relationship.

Instead, at this point, it feels like she's locked in on the "trickster" mode.
And some people do like her that way I understand (different strokes for different folks, I guess) but for me, she just seems to lack the degree of gravitas that seems to exist in other characters (not just main LIs, but also all the other side LIs as well).

Of course, I hope to be proven wrong (more in-depth characterization of LIs is always welcome), but from what we've seen so far, I'm not too optimistic about her evolving past "just the trickster girl" in terms of her persona.
My personal take on Candrid is that all of this is on purpose. I think that's obvious to almost anyone playing. However, I don't think it's as simple as "she's crazy" or "she's always playing her games". I don't know obviously, but I believe something extremely dark happened in Candrid's past. I wouldn't be surprised at all of she ends up being an incredibly deep character. I can think of several ways in which her level of involvement with what happened most recently could turn out.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As far as affinity goes, there are temporary approval / affection points and then permanent affinity points. Generally speaking, in order to get affinity, you have to have acquired a certain number of temporary points for a specific character by the end of that character's event. If you go through an event choosing the correct things, you'll get points for whichever LI, but they are only temporary. Usually, by the end of the event a check is made to see your total temporary points for the character whose event it is; only if those are high enough does an affinity gain happen for that same LI.

At the end of an event, after an affinity check is made for the LI "owning" that event, the temporary points are typically cleared (i.e., reset to 0). I might be misremembering, but I believe that points only ever get cleared for the individual involved in the affinity check. In other words, Candrid's affinity is checked at the end of this event (she's the primary character if you don't count Helga), so her points are thereafter reset to 0. This happens whether you gain affinity or not. However, Yrsa does not get an affinity check during this event (since it's Candrid's event). That means that the MC would still have a +1 with Yrsa if the MC tells her (and another +1 if the MC never slept with Helga at all), which would carry over to the next Yrsa event.

That could give you a head start on points for the next one. In a few cases, it might actually be needed to get a total of temporary points that otherwise might not be possible during a single event. That had been actually true previously.
Anyway, my point is just that leftover temporary points are actually not useless like I thought very early on in the game. They don't get cleared out until that specific character gets an affinity check, and so they can be used in events coming thereafter.

Last edited:

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Uh, I don't think I agree with this example tbh. Sure, out of Astrja, Nox and her, she's the only one who hasn't had the vaginal sex yet, but if we exclude that one aspect, I'd say she's had the most lewd/sexual content compared to the other two (Blowjob in the beginning, then Boobjob, Cunnilingus, Handjob and more)
Yes, but she always stop the MC when he tries to go for more.
I meant the reverse. She will only have sex with the MC if she truly trust him.

Candrid might have legitimately wanted to help Helga gain her freedom
I don't think so. I think she only helped Helga because she knew Helga's former master would abandon Ragnar to go after his thrall. She wanted Ragnar dead.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't think so. I think she only helped Helga because she knew Helga's former master would abandon Ragnar to go after his thrall. She wanted Ragnar dead.
And I don't think that's true. I think she had nothing to do with Ragnar's death. I guess we'll see in later updates. I definitely could be wrong, but I don't think she's involved with it at all other than circumstantially. It seems far too obvious that she's responsible. I think she's a red herring. I get the impression she's much cleverer than that.

Apxldzib

Oct 8, 2022
I have a question about the harem since it is not clear to me, only the BB clan supports the harem? If so, can I have relationships with girls from other clans? I am starting the game so I would like to know if I focus on the "harem" path and how complete it will become or fight internally with myself to choose a girl

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I have a question about the harem since it is not clear to me, only the BB clan supports the harem? If so, can I have relationships with girls from other clans? I am starting the game so I would like to know if I focus on the "harem" path and how complete it will become or fight internally with myself to choose a girl
I previously didn't think there would end up being one, but there is for sure one now (so this is tagged correctly). In the game itself, there is only one clan that has talked about a harem at all, and it's only Candrid of the Bloody Bears. However, I don't think it will be limited to this now. As for a harem in actual practice, currently it's still fairly limited:
I might be forgetting someone, but I think that's all we know about where things stand right now.

Last edited:

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
only the BB clan supports the harem?
Yes
If so, can I have relationships with girls from other clans?
Yes, but the main girls (Arstja, Candrid and Nox) can only be romanced by someone from their own clan
if I focus on the "harem" path and how complete it will become
We don't know yet how complete it will be, we only know 3 girls that will join it Candrid, Yulla and Helga. Others might join later, but I doubt it will be any girl outside of the BB clan
I might be forgetting someone, but I think that's all we know about where things stand right now.
Forgot about Sonja and Yrsa

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Apxldzib

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Yes (to only BB clan supporting a harem)
Currently, this is true. However, saying that as if it were a complete statement is a bit misleading. There are indications it might be possible in Dark Ravens as well. I'm not saying it will be, but I wouldn't rule it out at this point, specifically for the points I made above.
Forgot about Sonja and Yrsa
No, I didn't forget about them. They are not currently a part of a harem. I was specifically listing people either who already are or who are likely OK with being part of a harem. Sonja and Yrsa could be, ofc, but we have no indication at present that they would want to join one that the MC builds. That is, unless you can cite specific examples that I'm not remembering where they clearly indicate they want to / are willing to be a part of the MC's harem.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
There are indications it might be possible in Dark Ravens as well.
Lizgard and Ketja are in a relationship with each other, the MC will be able to romance both of them or romance one while the chosen girl will break up with the other IIRC.
, saying that as if it were a complete statement is a bit misleading.
Actually I think dev said BB will be the only harem path in the game.
Sonja and Yrsa could be, ofc, but we have no indication at present that they would want to join one that the MC builds
I think the guide gave some hints that Yrsa will not want to join, but for Sonja it might happen.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Lizgard and Ketja are in a relationship with each other, the MC will be able to romance both of them or romance one while the chosen girl will break up with the other IIRC.
Yes, and that does not constitute a harem, at least by F95 rules. Both would constitute a throuple, not a harem.
Actually I think dev said BB will be the only harem path in the game.
No offense intended, but I'd like to see a quote on that so I have greater confidence in an "I think dev said" statement. I'm not saying he didn't say that, but your statement doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me.
I think the guide gave some hints that Yrsa will not want to join, but for Sonja it might happen.
I don't use the guide for playing the game, but I definitely wouldn't rely on it as any reliable source for what will happen eventually, unless ofc it explicitly says so. So if it does, great. Otherwise, I wouldn't assume anything. That said, though, I do think Sonja could eventually be a harem girl. I absolutely don't believe Yrsa would be OK with that, although I could always be wrong.

4.40 star(s) 43 Votes