Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,693 45.2%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,437 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,937 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,242 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,968 24.1%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,717 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,587 31.6%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,822 22.3%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 791 9.7%

• Total voters

namelessone22

Oct 4, 2018
Hi GleenX - loved your previous game, Sandstorm - although not sure if its finished yet.
I was just wondering if
= 'Snowstorm' was connected overall to the first one (ie - the mysteries in the games are problems the gods of both lands are trying to prevent/solve), or
= It's just a similar-themed mystery in a different setting.

I have no complaints either way, I'm sure it will be great regardless, I'm just curious. :)

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
I have only one question. Where does the MC pee and shit? Did the guard let him out of the cage to do business?
Other side of the square, near the trees.... You can see the bath house there aswell.
And ofcourse the guard let him out for coffeebreaks, breakfast, lunch and dinner, they're a civilised bunch those vikings!

dixie.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Ottoeight

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
Great game so far. I have one suggestion though. As a non native English speaker the text fonts when characters talk in "viking language" is pretty hard to read. I have to half guessing the meaning most of the time. An option to change it to a more readable font would be great.
screenshot0001.png

Reactions: HogRocket
Oct 21, 2021
Hm what is here is nice, but maybe 3 routes is too much combined there is a fair bit of content but very little progress in them individualy.
Haven’t played yet, is there a option to choose which ladies you want to pursue? I can see your concern, especially, if you’re only into certain girls and have to wait and/or don’t get enough content for them.

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
Haven’t played yet, is there a option to choose which ladies you want to pursue? I can see your concern, especially, if you’re only into certain girls and have to wait and/or don’t get enough content for them.
Kind of. You'd have to play to understand. Make an impression(gain affinity) on a girl and you get to kind of choose.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
Great game so far. I have one suggestion though. As a non native English speaker the text fonts when characters talk in "viking language" is pretty hard to read. I have to half guessing the meaning most of the time. An option to change it to a more readable font would be great.
View attachment 1695417
As a native English speaker, I totally agree. Hard to read. Making the text larger would help as well.

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
There is 3 different paths with some overlap but each path focuses on 2-3 girls.

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
It's kinda the point that the MC has trouble understanding.
The parts that are in "Viking" I can understand that being the case, but what is the point of my not being able to read the ENGLISH dialog just to prove he's having trouble understanding? Some of us are not blessed with 20/20 vision and making it hard to play isn't a positive.

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
0x52_URM cheats (WIP)

mc stats/gold // scores

View attachment 1553489 View attachment 1553490

choices detection/outcome

View attachment 1553488

replay/secret picture gallery - unlocked for 0.1.0

extract attached rep gall unlo.zip file into mainfolder - overwrite if asked

gui/text color changed to a nice blue

View attachment 1695254 View attachment 1695255

extract attached text color.zip into mainfolder overwrite if asked
(should work with future updates if the dev not change something about gui)
instruction how and where to change included

extract attached file to *\game folder
!always save before edit!

open mod with alt+m
click the little open folder icon right upper
load a .urm file

how to use : Link

Rename (nearly) everyone,watch this tut ->>

create your own "gallery" (label search) how to --> Link

i recommend always to play the game one time without cheats to understand gamemechanics

mod should work with future updates

this mod does not modify any game files

!use at own risk! - dont complain to dev´s /modder about broken saves/gamestates
(look for a updated 0x52_urm.rpa file every month or 2 at link above, thanks to 0x52
if you like the URM Mod consider support 0x52 -->
)
for all those who struggle with the text color
i made a change to blue text
look for text color.zip there

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
The parts that are in "Viking" I can understand that being the case, but what is the point of my not being able to read the ENGLISH dialog just to prove he's having trouble understanding? Some of us are not blessed with 20/20 vision and making it hard to play isn't a positive.
The other poster was complaining about the font for the viking text.

GleenXstudio

EraStorm Dev
Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
When they use that font they're supposed to be speaking viking.
That.
Every time there is this font, it means they are speaking in Norse.
But when dialogues in Norse are long, I use English words instead of Norse words so that players can still read what happens and not zzzZZZ.

But I can get that some people would rather have eye comfort than immersion, so next time, I'll try to add an option where you can replace the viking font by a normal one (but it will replace every time, it's all or nothing)

4.30 star(s) 49 Votes